Wash N Go Challenge-Summer 2013

ckisland

ckisland Thanks for the compliment!

The surprising part for me is when I do a braidout, the back is the loosest and will create a little tail. But when I wash and go, that APL-long hair shrinks up to my neck. When I see that I'm thinking "Seriously?" This shrinkage game is something else. :spinning:

I have a loose tail in the back too, and it shrinks up just like yours. . . usually :look:. Unfortunately, I also get a weird, jutting out V-shape in the back because the nape is the loosest, my edges right below it are 4c, right above the tail is super coily 4a, and above that is loose 4a/3c. Luckily, putting the back in a ponytail gets everything more or less in line. Sometimes I hate the back of my hair though for looking such a H.A.M :lachen:.

geejay

I have a loose tail in the back too, and it shrinks up just like yours. . . usually :look:. Unfortunately, I also get a weird, jutting out V-shape in the back because the nape is the loosest, my edges right below it are 4c, right above the tail is super coily 4a, and above that is loose 4a/3c. Luckily, putting the back in a ponytail gets everything more or less in line. Sometimes I hate the back of my hair though for looking such a H.A.M :lachen:.

Wow, that's a lot going on. It's amazing how much variety can go on in one head and how every little variation effects the shape and hang. For me, the sides and temple are where the "fight the power" texture stages its protests from. :lachen: I had truly given up on wash and go's at one point because the length was awkward and the resulting shape was pretty horrible. But 18 months after giving up on wash and go's, it got better. :yep:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Here is my wash n go with sedal negros luminosos and a bit of novex brazilian actives.

I had the best wash n go ever. people were all up in my space trying to feel it and errythang LOL

*Frisky*

Here is my wash n go with sedal negros luminosos and a bit of novex brazilian actives.

I had the best wash n go ever. people were all up in my space trying to feel it and errythang LOL

NIIIICCEEEE!!!!!!!

I had a serious wash and go fail this weekend. I used the Cocoa Curls Definition Gel and it was disaster. I had white balls all in my hair. I had to re wash my hair it was so bad. I should of known from the consistency. It's almost like a lotion mixed with Vaseline or something. It might work on dry hair but it's a no no for a wash and go. At least for me.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
NIIIICCEEEE!!!!!!!

I had a serious wash and go fail this weekend. I used the Cocoa Curls Definition Gel and it was disaster. I had white balls all in my hair. I had to re wash my hair it was so bad. I should of known from the consistency. It's almost like a lotion mixed with Vaseline or something. It might work on dry hair but it's a no no for a wash and go. At least for me.

that cocoa curls gel still gives me nightmares! i really hated that gel! the pop n curls cream from that line is good though but i hate the smell of it

ecadnacmc

Late post, yesterday's WNG. DC'd overnight with Vatika oil, followed with cherry Lola treatment. CW with Giovanni's SAS and oil rinsed. Applied leave in Sally's generic Paul Mitchell the conditioner, shea butter mix on ends and blue ecostyler all over using "prayer" smoothing method. Shook, air dried 80% them diffused until dry .

Attachments

• image-298829487.jpg
    image-298829487.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 63
  • image-1887006051.jpg
    image-1887006051.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 54
  • image-2798588135.jpg
    image-2798588135.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 47

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
So for funsies, I decided to let my hair out nekkid for a day. No oil, conditioner, no nothing. I was curious to see what difference the product actually makes

Dry 1st Day No Product

Dry 2nd Day with Oil/Conditioner/Gel

It's poofier with no product, but not as dramatic a difference as I anticipated.

Off topic, but has anyone ever told you you look like Jada Pinkett-Smith? Your profile in these pics reminds me of her before she messed with her face?

*Frisky*

Todays wash and go

1. Clarified with Suave Naturals-haven't done for at least a year or so
2. Shampooed again with WEN to get some moisture and softness
3. III Sisters of Nature Leave In
4. Natural 7 Oil
5: Aussie Instant Freeze Gel

First time using this gel and it was an experience hahaha..first of all it foams up like shampoo almost and makes crackling noises once it's in your hair. You know how Rice Crispies sound..well just like that LOL!!!! Weirdest thing but I have to say I like how my hair looks and feels. It is really soft and it moves when I shake it. I do notice a little more shrinkage than with my usual products. Not sure if I am going to get multiple day hair with it. I tried to get a little fancy with the 2 twists in front.

geejay

Off topic, but has anyone ever told you you look like Jada Pinkett-Smith? Your profile in these pics reminds me of her before she messed with her face?

grownwomanaz LOL No :lachen: That's just a good angle. It all changes up from the front. But thanks for the compliment. Jada is a beauty!

I was looking at your album. Your hurr is so gorgeous I can't stand it :lick:

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
aww, I wanna play lol but I wash and go every day anyway, so I guess that would kinda take away the point of this being a challenge lol. All of your wash and go's look beautiful, ladies!

geejay

aww, I wanna play lol but I wash and go every day anyway, so I guess that would kinda take away the point of this being a challenge lol. All of your wash and go's look beautiful, ladies!

Join! You can share tips and inspiration photos. It will be fun :bouncy:

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
^^It does sound like fun lol I love everything wash and go: wearing wash and go's, looking at WnG pics, talking about WnG type thingys :3 In all my time here I've never joined a hair challenge (I don't really know if this would count for me anyway lol) but if it's cool with y'all :look: maybe I'll just be a lurker/supporter/occasional pic poster :D

SeeLexus

My First successful Wash n Go! I used Sweet Creme by Oshune Body Care and Miss Jessie's Curly Meringe. I topped it off with a Bow by GLobalCotour.net.:grin:

Attachments

• Washn go 2.jpg
    Washn go 2.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 108

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Does anyone know how to get the half up half down look on short hair. I'm trying to figure out what would be able to hold my hair back

BraunSugar

It's been in the high 90s for the last few days. Today the temp is in the 80s, but my wash & gos are wash & go ponytails. It's too hot to have my hair all over my face.

faithVA

For those that wet your hair after the 1st day, how are you doing it? Do you just spritz it with water or do you put water on your hands or ?

tia

APrayer4Hair

Wore this WnG for 3 days :woot: a 1st for me:

Day 1:

image-1444861562.jpg

Day 2: I wet it down in the shower and shake to revive curls:

image-176030554.jpg

Day 3:

image-1566180122.jpg

Wet hair/no product for reference:

image-601726857.jpg

APrayer4Hair

Wetting it down in the shower doesn't rinse the product out? Do you use a low stream of water?

Regular shower pressure. I wet it pretty well. I'm also very heavy handed on the first day and gel is full of glycerin so maybe that's why???

faithVA

Regular shower pressure. I wet it pretty well. I'm also very heavy handed on the first day and gel is full of glycerin so maybe that's why???

Thanks. I'm going to try something tomorrow. Not sure what. Maybe I will try the shower and the shake. :perplexed: If it doesn't work out I can always put in twists. The Long-Aid definition is the same as other gels but you are right about how it leaves the hair soft. My fro is nice and soft :yep:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I mixed worlds of curls gel with wet line extreme gel and I got the most soft and beautifully defined wash n go