Wash N Go Challenge-Summer 2013

*Frisky*

I actually think conditioner does a better job at defining my curls than gel

I get good curl definition from conditioner too but I am worried about what my hair is going to look like by the end of the day so I panic and use gel hahahaha

has anyone used combing creams? its like the perfect mix of a rinse out conditioner and a leave in. i made a topic about it but i want to see if anyone here used it either.

I just tried the sedal SOS obedient curly combing cream on a section of my hair and "obedient curls" is right on the money. i cant wait to do a wash n go with this stuff.

Never heard of combing creams..will definitely check these out.

*Frisky*

This is what I did this morning:

1. Co washed with Wen 613..left a little bit of it in
2. Applied Natural 7 Oil by Proclaim
3. Applied a mix of Xtreme and Long Aid Activator Gel

It's about 60% dry now. I really like the results. Not feeling hardly any crunch but the curls are there. I will see how I feel once it dries completely and what it's looking like tomorrow. One thing I am just now noticing about the Long Aid is that it has protein in it which I try and stay clear from gels with that in it but it may not affect my hair too negatively.

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I did a wash n go with both the sedal obedient curls and the luminous black combing cream/leave in.

The obedient curls gave great definition and hold. I also noticed it gave me more of an elongated look. The luminous black gave me the most beautiful soft shiny curls ive ever had. What i liked most about these products is that my hair was completely dry 3-4 hours after application. They just might be hg status(especially the luminous black)!

I cant wait to take some pics during the weekend.

I am loving my hair again.

GeorginaSparks

has anyone used combing creams? its like the perfect mix of a rinse out conditioner and a leave in. i made a topic about it but i want to see if anyone here used it either.

I just tried the sedal SOS obedient curly combing cream on a section of my hair and "obedient curls" is right on the money. i cant wait to do a wash n go with this stuff.

I did a wash n go with both the sedal obedient curls and the luminous black combing cream/leave in.

The obedient curls gave great definition and hold. I also noticed it gave me more of an elongated look. The luminous black gave me the most beautiful soft shiny curls ive ever had. What i liked most about these products is that my hair was completely dry 3-4 hours after application. They just might be hg status(especially the luminous black)!

omg post pics ASAP cant wait to try them

ecadnacmc

Ok. I'm in. Trying CurlyNikki method. CW and left in Trader Joe's TT, followed with smooth and shine activator gel and ecostyler argan mixed with evoo. Pics to follow.

*Frisky*

Napp

Do these products have silicones?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Napp

Do these products have silicones?

I am not 100% sure. I have to check when i get home.

Eta: they both have dimethiconol. On the obedient curls it is high on the list and in the luminous black it is very low on the list. Hth.

Last edited:
I would actually love to join this challenge; however, I usually try to wash and go only 1-2 times a week. I don't have the patience for more than 2 times. :nono:

To style, I used Shea Moisture Black Soap Balancing Conditioner as a leave in sealed with EVOO and used a 2:1 ratio of Long Aid Curl Activator Gel and Olive Oil Eco styler. I got this from a Youtuber (I forget her name at the moment). I use the mixture on the majority of my hair and use full-strength Eco on the top and bangs because this helps me make the style last longer but still have that touchable hold.

I moisturize & seal nightly and sleep w/ my hair in a high pineapple wrapped in a satin scarf. :drunk:

geejay

So I had sworn off of wash and go's. I had convinced myself that if I let it shrink up on it's own that would surely unleash the apocalypse. :lachen: Anyway, decided to re-visit because it would give me a quicker hair style solution.

First day of my wash and go.

Second day of my wash and go.

Third day of my wash and go.

Co-wash with Trader Joe's Tree Tingle. Raked through olive oil, Honey Hemp Conditioner and EcoStyler (Olive) in about six-eight sections on soaking wet hair. Drip Dry.

Spritz in morning with Juice and Berries. Pineapple at night under a baggie with a spritz of Juice and Berries.

IslandMummy

Observation: Kinky Curly Custard is a fail for my hair. Is it me or is it unnecessarily slimy and sticky? Yuck!

How much did you use?

I had that problem in the beginning because I was heavy handed

I've been doing them since April so I will definitely join in. This will keep me going into the fall when it's protective styling time

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I have found the holy grail for my wash n go's. Proclaim activator gel and kinky curly custard! The best curl definition without crunchy hair. I no longer fear wash n go's. Also, second day hair is so easy. I just wet my hair in the shower and shake it.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Is it possible to preserve wash n goes at a short length? Even at a longer length, the pineapple stretched out my curls overnight

IslandMummy

This morning:

Washed with CON in the red bottle
Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie
Kinky curling custard

Attachments

• image-893752574.jpg
    image-893752574.jpg
    438.2 KB · Views: 107

*Frisky*

I would actually love to join this challenge; however, I usually try to wash and go only 1-2 times a week. I don't have the patience for more than 2 times. :nono:

To style, I used Shea Moisture Black Soap Balancing Conditioner as a leave in sealed with EVOO and used a 2:1 ratio of Long Aid Curl Activator Gel and Olive Oil Eco styler. I got this from a Youtuber (I forget her name at the moment). I use the mixture on the majority of my hair and use full-strength Eco on the top and bangs because this helps me make the style last longer but still have that touchable hold.

I moisturize & seal nightly and sleep w/ my hair in a high pineapple wrapped in a satin scarf. :drunk:

WarriorGurl23

Please join! I am not a stickler about following rules for these challenges to a tea...beautiful hair!

Fhrizzball

Here's my attempt at a wash and for today. I tried diffusing for the first time today and it just made it extra frizzy. For those that diffuse, what technique do you use to cut down on the frizz? I don't care for first day hair for hopefully the next day I will like it better. I recently did a henna treatment a couple days ago so it takes a bit for my curls to bounce back.

freshly done and mostly dry comparisons

ecadnacmc

Ok. Yesterday's WNG didn't go well, so I DC overnight with Giovanni's 2chic avocado & olive oil hair mask sealed with my oil mix, then rinsed this morning. I then applied a little Giovanni's 2chic conditioner as a leave in followed by shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie & soufflé (small amount) and then reapplied more smooth and shine activator gel followed by ecostyler argan oil. Shook like a rock star and applied head band.

image-1357223076.jpg

image-2467845482.jpg

image-1212307244.jpg
Still not fully dry.

*Frisky*

Here's my attempt at a wash and for today. I tried diffusing for the first time today and it just made it extra frizzy. For those that diffuse, what technique do you use to cut down on the frizz? I don't care for first day hair for hopefully the next day I will like it better. I recently did a henna treatment a couple days ago so it takes a bit for my curls to bounce back.

I think you have to try and keep the diffuser as stationary as possible and not move it around too much as you are drying one area at a time but I could be totally wrong. I have only done it once and got decent results.

BraunSugar

TBH, I stopped using the diffuser attachement on my blow dryer. I just use the dryer on warm because my hair looks better that way. If feels softer and more fluffy, which is how I like my wash & gos. Another added benefit is that it slightly stretches my hair which minimizes tangling and having my ends wrap around each other.

When I did use it, I always diffused the ends first and worked my way up to the scalp. I had little frizz that way.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
TBH, I stopped using the diffuser attachement on my blow dryer. I just use the dryer on warm because my hair looks better that way. If feels softer and more fluffy, which is how I like my wash & gos. Another added benefit is that it slightly stretches my hair which minimizes tangling and having my ends wrap around each other.

When I did use it, I always diffused the ends first and worked my way up to the scalp. I had little frizz that way.

same here. I just use the blowdryer on low/medium and point the nozzle downwards. I also found that towel drying before applying product, and then lightly misting with water gave me the best results when it came to frizz control.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
If anyone was interested this is how my hair usually looks with product in it. note the shape

Now with the sedal obedient curls it elongates my hair much more. here is my hair about 70% dry

I actually do not like so much elongation at this stage. it throws off the shape of my hair. i prefer the look of the other sedal product. my hair is super defined and shrinks up better. i will post a pic when i wash n go again.

also heres a pic from the definition i get from kismera enegizing leave in

it gives me perfect curls but since it is so expensive I am saving it for special occasions and when my hair gets long enough to straighten(it gets my hair silky and bone straight!)

Last edited: