Wash N Go Challenge-Summer 2013

BraunSugar

Is it possible to preserve wash n goes at a short length? Even at a longer length, the pineapple stretched out my curls overnight

I was never able to preserve mine well at a shorter length. I always had to spray with water or try to use shower steam to refresh my hair. It kinda worked but I wasn't happy with the results.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
bumping....I want to see more wash n goes. anyone know of a way to spice up the wash n go. i currently pin back one side but thats getting old real quick

APrayer4Hair

I'm in. I have been WnG 5-7 per week since I BCed last year. I usually don't wear a WnG without pinning the front back or wearing a headband but here it goes:

image-2583205892.jpg

I look like a greasy SideShow Bob :lachen:

TraciChanel

bumping....I want to see more wash n goes. anyone know of a way to spice up the wash n go. i currently pin back one side but thats getting old real quick

Napp, you may want to check out the wash-n-go thread. I was looking for the same yesterday. I've been doing WNG wet bunning. My buns are a lot bigger (I like big hair) than my regular WNG's that shrink to neck/shoulder length. Seems a lot of the ladies have had a lot of success with hair retention doing the wet bun.

*Frisky*

Well we are officially underway with the challenge! I'm gonna try and post pics at least twice this week. I am loving my combo of Extreme/Lon Aid Activator Gel. I really want to try doing a coconut oil steam/deep condition and leave it in then apply my gel to see what results I get.

Napp

I struggle with styles too. Usually I will do variations with bobby pins and maybe add a flower or some other type of hair accessory. I'm in the process of making me some flower/earring matching combos so I will post pics with those.

BraunSugar

Funny you mention this because I planned to go to the BSS to look for some cute headbands & other accessories for my hair. I have an Upzing that I have used to pull the front of my hair back sometimes. I will post some pics of that today. I haven't used it since the beginning of this year because I forgot I had it.

discodumpling

How much did you use?

I had that problem in the beginning because I was heavy handed

I've been doing them since April so I will definitely join in. This will keep me going into the fall when it's protective styling time

Not alot at all! I stuck my pointer finger in and pulled it out of the jar and then emulsified that amount between my hands and then smoothed onto my hair. YES I got great definition but with crunchy sticky untouchable hair.

Sooo I haven't mastered or even begun to think about mastering 2nd day and beyond hair. I work out just about everyday and the sweaty grody feeling on my scalp after a workout is just too much to bare so I have to at the very least water only rinse or sometimes co-wash. The sweat and steam from my work out turns any curls into FROZILLA!...and I kind of like it! The fro is waaaay to easy and breezy i'm waaay to comfortable wearing my hair like this :)

geejay

Did a Cherry Lola treatment and then followed up with oil, leave-in and ecostyler. After I've applied product I jump back in shower to briefly rinse my hair to "settle" the pattern that's been frizzed by product application.

Wet Hair

Dry Next Day

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I need to learn how to shape up the front of my hair. The front doesn't have the curl definition of the rest of my hair. How to style it when it is a medium-sized fro.:ohwell:

*Frisky*

Today's wash and go:

Tresemme Naturals CoWash
Cantu Shea Butter Curl Activator Cream
Nature 7 Oil
Beautiful Textures Curl Definer Styling Custard

I have purchased several products over the last few months that I haven't used yet so my next few wash and go's will be with different products so I can see how they work.

My hair about 70% dry now and is soft. I like the curl definition. I didn't think I was going to get this much definition from the custard but as it started to dry I could see my curlies. The activator creme is ok as a leave in. I don't like how it makes your hair white but it does dry clear. I like the results of my hair but I do not like the smell of the custard and it is lingering. It smells like some type of fruit smoothie or something and I prefer gels to have a cleaner smell but other than that, it's cool.

GeorginaSparks

I posted this in the other wng thread im not sure where to post...this thread looks more active. I need tips on how to style/frame the front it looks a hot mess :(

BraunSugar

I posted this in the other wng thread im not sure where to post...this thread looks more active. I need tips on how to style/frame the front it looks a hot mess :(

Maybe a hair comb, decorative bobby pin, headband, or a flat twist in the front? A couple years ago I used a wet to dry flat iron on my hair :nono: and um, the front was like... naw. :lol: I ended up just cutting some bangs. A decision that irritates me now because I always have hair in my face since they have grown out.

GeorginaSparks

Maybe a hair comb, decorative bobby pin, headband, or a flat twist in the front? A couple years ago I used a wet to dry flat iron on my hair :nono: and um, the front was like... naw. :lol: I ended up just cutting some bangs. A decision that irritates me now because I always have hair in my face since they have grown out.

i played with it yesterday and moved the hair in the front but my face is too round :nono:
im scared to go to a stylist to cut into a style they might *** up my hair. :perplexed

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i played with it yesterday and moved the hair in the front but my face is too round :nono:
im scared to go to a stylist to cut into a style they might *** up my hair. :perplexed

shockolate i have round face. try doing a flat twist that has been parted on the side and pin it back with a decorative pin. im pretty sure something like that will work for you too. what has also been working for me is to pin the bang hairs slightly back so it frames my face instead of hanging foward and looking awkward. i also like to pin back one side of my hair. it makes me feel like my face is less round looking that way.

hth

geejay

So for funsies, I decided to let my hair out nekkid for a day. No oil, conditioner, no nothing. I was curious to see what difference the product actually makes

Dry 1st Day No Product

Dry 2nd Day with Oil/Conditioner/Gel

It's poofier with no product, but not as dramatic a difference as I anticipated.

GeorginaSparks

shockolate, your curls are pretty. I agree that you should try a decorative bobby pin or pretty headband. I purchased some and I like my WNG's much better :yep:
thanks. Im going to go on youtube and see how people are using headbands and bobby pins to style.

shockolate i have round face. try doing a flat twist that has been parted on the side and pin it back with a decorative pin. im pretty sure something like that will work for you too. what has also been working for me is to pin the bang hairs slightly back so it frames my face instead of hanging foward and looking awkward. i also like to pin back one side of my hair. it makes me feel like my face is less round looking that way.

hth
i suck at flat twists but im getting better from youtube tutorials. do you have picture examples? :lol:

*Frisky*

3 day old wash and go from using the Beautiful Textures Definer Custard. I like how it held up because I did absolutely nothing to preserve it at night hahaha

PinkyPromise

I'd like to join. I usually use KCCC, JBCO, and Tresseme Naturals. I'm out of KCCC so Im using Naturally You define my curls. I just did a mini chop two months ago so I'm growing it back.

image-120278811.jpg

image-92395394.jpg

image-3372795620.jpg

It's growing. .

GeorginaSparks

I bought mixed chicks leave in randomly tonight and was going to use it with other products. I spilled it while opening(so mad) so i scooped what i could from my bathroom counter and spread through my hair. It was white so i used my diffuser. I have NEVER gotten this type of definition from JUST a leave in. I couldnt add any more product cos i overdid it with the spilled leave in.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
thanks. Im going to go on youtube and see how people are using headbands and bobby pins to style.

i suck at flat twists but im getting better from youtube tutorials. do you have picture examples? :lol:

I don't at the moment. I will be trying new wash n go styles and post them here though.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I bought mixed chicks leave in randomly tonight and was going to use it with other products. I spilled it while opening(so mad) so i scooped what i could from my bathroom counter and spread through my hair. It was white so i used my diffuser. I have NEVER gotten this type of definition from JUST a leave in. I couldnt add any more product cos i overdid it with the spilled leave in.

wow your hair looks great! I am all about using thick leave ins alone right now. they work well and dry faster than using regular conditioner or gel. I gotta try that mixed chicks one day :yep:

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
3 day old wash and go from using the Beautiful Textures Definer Custard. I like how it held up because I did absolutely nothing to preserve it at night hahaha

You stuntin' on them, girl!! You look sooooo cute. Love, love, LOVE the earrings. :yep:

I would absolutely love to join this challenge. But since I'm still transitioning, wash-n-goes are no, no, no. My relaxed ends ain't having any of that. :perplexed

But once I cut those jokers off on September 1st, it will be a different story. :drunk:

ckisland

geejay , your hair has such an interesting shape! Every pic you post, I think, how does she make her hair do that? I'm guessing that's just how your hair grows :drunk:. And I love the pic of you naked hair :lick:.

geejay

, your hair has such an interesting shape! Every pic you post, I think, how does she make her hair do that? I'm guessing that's just how your hair grows :drunk:. And I love the pic of you naked hair :lick:.

ckisland Thanks for the compliment!

The surprising part for me is when I do a braidout, the back is the loosest and will create a little tail. But when I wash and go, that APL-long hair shrinks up to my neck. When I see that I'm thinking "Seriously?" This shrinkage game is something else. :spinning: