wARNING:STUPID BLACK WOMEN WHO PERM THEIR HAIR :(

Mars_Reiko

I agree with the comment about him not liking women lol. Anywho, I watched the video along with a few of his others and he just really dislike women in general. Most of the stuff is was saying is so ridiculous that is was just hilarious :) lol

Evazhair

I'm not attacking Malcolm or the NOI. The point is that the NOI and Malcolm X, who's proclaimed goal was to resurrect the spiritual, mental, social, and economic condition of the black men and women of America, woulda ensured that women didn't relax and kept their hair natural.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the bolded, for reasons why I won't go into & hijack this thread. The reason why lies in an knowledge and understanding of the ideology that would come from first hand experience with the NOI. I won't be getting in that discussion on the net. The MGT were both natural and relaxed as they are today. I will leave it at that.

The fact that they didn't means that someone who wants to evoke Malcolm X or any sort of NOI theology in the "relaxing is bad" debate needs to find some other historical figures/organizations that are in line with their beliefs.

Now the above(blue) I totally agree with. I turned the video off about the point I heard him say Malcolm X, because his credibility at that point was approaching negative infinity as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:

PuffyBrown

....and I was right behind you.

I did go to "research" the epithet and stopped at the point of ignorance which was right about the time "after the introduction"......no comment....

Now the above(blue) I totally agree with. I turned the video off about the point I heard him say Malcolm X, because his credibility at that point was approaching negative infinity as far as I am concerned.

Casarela

Not to start a debate but that whole AA man cannot go fwd because of white man oppression is BS to me. Why is it a HUGE ISSUE in the US??Why not in Canada? why not elsewhere?Im not saying theres no brothers outside the US that dont struggle or feel oppressed but why ISNT IT a HUGE ISSUE as it is in the US? There are AA man living well and that grows at every single level and achieve themselves....IMHO If one can make it others can too. I see it just as when black folks get paranoyed as soon as they get rejected for a job i.e. and just say WELL THEY ARE RACIST...Cmon now ..Instead of focusing on the negativity and dwell on it why not find opportunities and reevaluate ourselves and I think THAT makes the difference for those who succed and others that don`t . Dont get me wrong in the world there will always be obstacles and barriers and to go forward its only a matter of looking forward regardless of your race. There will always be discrimination , racism, prejudices, injustices and the list goes on, some people have it easier than others and that will always be like that but to say black men cant be a full man because he is subjected to white man....I dont agree. IMO you underestimate education a bit too much simply because education + education from parents ( values and traditions) = good blue print to start off in life.

I am sorry sis I can not agree with you on that one. The black women has her head so far up the so called white man and women behind that she neglects her own community. Example, the so called black women relaxes her hair to assemelate to white culture because nappy hair makes her look poor or anti white from what I am hearing from other so called black women. The black man can not fully be a man in America because he sub-ject to another man which is the white man who dictates his every move. The black women is out of order because the black man is out of order from years of oppression in this white society. I know many will disagree, but the negro has been miseducated in America and the only way that we can truly be educated is not from a university, but from the bible and doing research on our history that steams much further than when we came here on slave ships. I am a Hebrew Israelite and so are most of you on this forum and I had to unlearn a lot of lies that I learned about the so called black race in America.

Much Love

ebonylocs

I know you weren't attacking anyone except the guy on the video, but at that time they were actually trying to preserve the civil rights of Black Americans so the number or Black women that press(were there relaxers then?), was probably on the backburner. The Black is Beautiful, and with it the love for the Afro, happened after Malcolm X.
Don't you remember that section in the autobiography where Malcolm and his friend were putting lye in their hair, and the water ran out? I think they had to put their heads in the toilet or some such thing. :lachen: Yes, Malcolm used to get his "conk" on in his young days. But he soon stepped away from it.

cerchier

Don't you remember that section in the autobiography where Malcolm and his friend were putting lye in their hair, and the water ran out? I think they had to put their heads in the toilet or some such thing. :lachen: Yes, Malcolm used to get his "conk" on in his young days. But he soon stepped away from it.

Yes, I remembered that but I didn't remember any of the women doing it. I guess they used the same thing, but I thought they relied mainly on the straightening comb/hot comb.