She Updated.....Ateya's Perm day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok why are we arguing if it's ok to disagree on the reggie of a girl
*that admits she doesn't care about healthy hair care practices
*that doesn't practice them and
*after board standards doesn't HAVE healthy and long hair

If my main focus is long and healthy hair I'll say no thx and keep it moving,that doesn't make me a hater.

With the exception of the "haters" tag, all other tags that you listed apply. I would like to know that state of health of the person's hair that thinks everyone is hating. :rolleyes: Where are you in your hair care journey? What setbacks have you had? :scratchch If you're having issues with managing your own hair, maybe you should seek the advice of those LHCF hair gurus that you're unsuccessfully bashing for actually trying to help their sistas out.

Sistas dont let sistas relax recklessly.

Right. Haters? Seriously. Chick is barely neck length. No offense (and my hair is nowhere NEAR perfect) to anyone, but I hardly find that hater material.

You guys can really be hard on a lady..She is trying to do something positive...No I don't really agree with her regi...But she is out there doing something...And that is good

The direction of this thread makes it very discouraging for ladies who might be contemplating making any youtube tutorial where they think they might be helping or sharing with other sista's. I mean WOW! Over 6,000 views and 216 comments with horrendous tags in 2 days.... and counting :nono: Also, Ateeya is not a SHIMA!!!!

Ateya get in here girl and stop the madness, please :ohwell:

The direction of this thread makes it very discouraging for ladies who might be contemplating making any youtube tutorial where they think they might be helping or sharing with other sista's. I mean WOW! Over 6,000 views and 216 comments with horrendous tags in 2 days.... and counting :nono: Also, Ateeya is not a SHIMA!!!!

I agree with you....100%....But I do love the honesty here ...I can count on LHCF to be give me feedback...But I can see how it can be discouraging ....

It's hard for many of us to fathom someone who isn't on a life-long quest for LONG hair, but that's the way it is. To some people, length isn't that 'deep' of an issue and her practices are healthy enough to maintain her cute shoulder-length cut. It's her hair and she isn't preaching in her videos about what everyone else needs to be doing, so I feel no need to judge her based on a regimen that seems to work very well for HER.

I can see that her techniques don't fit in well with what I want for my own hair, but I watch her videos for what they offer... entertainment and a stylish head of hair.

It's hard for many of us to fathom someone who isn't on a life-long quest for LONG hair, but that's the way it is. To some people, length isn't that 'deep' of an issue and her practices are healthy enough to maintain her cute shoulder-length cut. It's her hair and she isn't preaching in her videos about what everyone else needs to be doing, so I feel no need to judge her based on a regimen that seems to work very well for HER.

I can see that her techniques don't fit in well with what I want for my own hair, but I watch her videos for what they offer... entertainment and a stylish head of hair.

i agree with the bold text. however, although she's not "preaching", some people who follow her videos are learning from her. overlapping is not something people looking to get healthy or stylish hair should be doing as a general rule. her fans wanted a video and it's nice she tried to please them. however, relaxers are apparently not her area and that's ok, no-one is good at everything but when you have people looking at you for guidance (not matter how much you stress the practices only work for you and make no claims about others - like ateya does) you do have some responsibility for what you show in your vids. i think that is what some people are finding fault with.

ok why are we arguing if it's ok to disagree on the reggie of a girl
*that admits she doesn't care about healthy hair care practices
*that doesn't practice them and
*after board standards doesn't HAVE healthy and long hair

If my main focus is long and healthy hair I'll say no thx and keep it moving,that doesn't make me a hater.

I agree. She admitted that she doesn't care about length.

I wonder if she knows that with healthier hair practices, she could achieve ALL of the above, length, shine & swang (which she already has), instead of having to resort to gluing in weave and "massaging" the glue out.

i agree with the bold text. however, although she's not "preaching", some people who follow her videos are learning from her. overlapping is not something people looking to get healthy or stylish hair should be doing as a general rule. her fans wanted a video and it's nice she tried to please them. however, relaxers are apparently not her area and that's ok, no-one is good at everything but when you have people looking at you for guidance (not matter how much you stress the practices only work for you and make no claims about others - like ateya does) you do have some responsibility for what you show in your vids. i think that is what some people are finding fault with.

I hear you, I really do :yep: But I feel that most intelligent people should be able to distinguish an entertainment medium from a place where you seek professional advice about hair, health or otherwise. I mean half the stuff on youtube is like :rolleyes: so I'm not about to go there taking notes or anything even if the stuff is informational. I'm quite sure her intentions are pure and that she wouldn't be intentionally trying to put methods out there that would harm people's hair...aside from that, people need to exercise some of their own caution and responsibility for what they choose to believe, let alone follow.

I hear you, I really do :yep: But I feel that most intelligent people should be able to distinguish an entertainment medium from a place where you seek professional advice about hair, health or otherwise. I mean half the stuff on youtube is like :rolleyes: so I'm not about to go there taking notes or anything even if the stuff is informational. I'm quite sure her intentions are pure and that she wouldn't be intentionally trying to put methods out there that would harm people's hair...aside from that, people need to exercise some of their own caution and responsibility for what they choose to believe, let alone follow.

But...they...aren't.....

i love her hair but to me it doesnt seem to be growing. however it is pretty to look at.

It is to me. It looked longer than it did at her last touch up. But considering she has a style-based regimen, she's probably all about blunt ends. She trims pretty regularly.

the tags "stallions", "wrong" and "ridiculous tags" have been removed but "ateya stans" is still there :rofl:.

It is to me. It looked longer than it did at her last touch up. But considering she has a style-based regimen, she's probably all about blunt ends. She trims pretty regularly.

thats what i thought too.
i feel bad for her man theres a whole thread dedicated to basically saying her regime is crap when it wasnt even meant to be a thread about that. i like her hair and i dont think her regime is that bad. yh she overlapped but as was said several times she doesnt normally relax her hair herself so she isnt overlapping everytime she relaxes. (unless her stylist does).

Girl Im getting a good edjumacation up in here. *note* Never never never never never EVER do a YouTube tutorial.

these tags are a trip. i love LHCF.

so one thing that i was unable to figure out (i didnt watch the video, dont wanna touch that with a 10ft pole) does she ever relax her own hair or was it done JUST BECAUSE viewers asked her to show them what she does? cause if she doesnt do it at home...then THAT is what i dont agree with.

I'd still do a youtube vid. I'm just hardheaded :lol:

If I feel comfortable enough with letting people look at my hair and I think my hair is pretty... no offense, but nobody couldn't tell me nothing! :lachen:

LMAO @ this thread. It's funny how the same person goes from thread to thread creating drama where there is none.

i think her hair is nice. but...here is my problems with her regi.
1. she doesnt use a moisturizing conditioner
2. she doesnt moisturize her hair, except for oil sheen which is not a moisturizer
3. she got a fresh relaxer so she didnt use her FHI because that was too much heat but she used her CHI and a curling iron AND the next day used her curling iron again for her just relaxed edges.

to each his own but even when i didnt know good hair care i never did that.
but her hair looks nice though.

I am by no means standing up for her reggie for the some of the earlier posted reasons, but her use of the Aphogee 2 min weekly is probably ok for her hair because it is a moisturizing protein conditioner. Not everyone's hair needs solely a moisturizing deep conditioners every single weekend. Some ppls' hair needs a little bit of both every week. And with her constant manipulation, her cuticles probably crave that protein :look:

Now...it if were Duotex or some ish like that every week, then she'd need one of these :spank:

I am by no means standing up for her reggie for the some of the earlier posted reasons, but her use of the Aphogee 2 min weekly is probably ok for her hair because it is a moisturizing protein conditioner. Not everyone's hair needs solely a moisturizing deep conditioners every single weekend. Some ppls' hair needs a little bit of both every week. And with her constant manipulation, her cuticles probably crave that protein :look:

Now...it if were Duotex or some ish like that every week, then she'd need one of these :spank:

I just used that last night :lol:

You are right about the conditioner thing. Joico Kpak is moisturizing to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back