Walmart castor oil?

glamgal198

Hey ladies. Yesturday i happened to wander out in the christmas traffic in search of some castor oil. Someone told me i could purchase it at wal-mart, so thats where i went. The good news, is that they do have it! :grin: I found it in the laxative aisle, lol. The bad news...i dunno if it's the right kind, or the kind you guys all speak highly of. This said "Castor oil USP". And when i read the directions, it said it was to be consumed!!!! Can you consume castor oil? Also, it was really thick. I really don't know what castor oil looks like to begin with, but i just assumed it was thinner but maybe i was wrong. Anyways...does this sound like the "right" kind of castor oil...or does it matter?

VeryBecoming

Devil's Avocado
I'm pretty sure this is the right kind. At least if you're buying it a grocery store. Castor oil is VERY thick.
I use this oil when wearing my hair up since it's so thick..and as a sealant in my baggy.

It says it's to be consumed because they're selling it for laxative purposes. DO NOT consume it...unless uh, you're having those type problems. Just put it on your hair.

Country gal

I apply it with an applicator bottle since it is so thick. I oil my scalp with it. I also use it to smooth out my sides.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
You have the right kind. The kind I use is from Wal-Mart and it is very thick and will feel kinda sticky when you put it on your hair but it dosen't dry that way. It makes the hair really soft.