Vitamin Calories

Crystal

I was reading the labels on all these vitamins and just realized that the evening primose has 10 calories in one pill.

does anyone know the calories in Biotin, Silica, UltraNourshair, and MSM or if there is any?

I've gained a few pounds since starting my Vitamins.

Does anyone know the calories in all these vitamins? As big as some of them are I wouldn't doubt they have some kind of calories in them.

Thanks

candycane

Crystal

It may not be the calories in the vitamins that are causing you to gain weight. I tend to put on weight when I start taking vitamins as well. They just seem to increase my appetite. I know I have heard others say the same thing (maybe on one of the other groups I am a member of)

Candycane

Imogin3

I am not at home to check for you, but I will later. I also eat ALOT more with taking of vitamis /images/graemlins/smile.gif but I just push myself more at the gym. I know 1tbspoon of Flax seed is 11grams of fat /images/graemlins/blush.gif I take 2 a day. My advice to you is to add 20min more to your workout (if you work out) if not START now /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Crystal

Dang.

So basically what you guys are saying is that if I don't get to a gym I'm a have me some long flowing hair but be big as a house?

If there was just some way I could convey to you how much I HATE working out!!!!

I stood on the scale this morning and noticed I weighed 3 more pounds than I did a few weeks ago, I was heated. I popped in my Donna Richardson tape and did 40 minutes of aerobics and hated every minute of it.

I'm a just have to find the energy to workout because I want the hair and I want to have a nice figure.... the trade-offs we women have to make!

candycane

Actually you can have a fit body as well as the hair. Some believe that when you work out, you get blood pumping and circulating which in turn tends to have a good affect on your hair growth. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Candycane

G

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Crystal said:
I was reading the labels on all these vitamins and just realized that the evening primose has 10 calories in one pill.
__
Since I added the vitamin regimen, I have gained about 10 lbs. The weight gain is unexplained. I also started to have a pimply face. I am in the process of rethinking my vitamin regimen.

Imogin3

Bettle;

could you please list your vitamin regimen...and the brands as well. I want to find what you are having too much of, 10lbs is no joke /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. If I gained 10lbs and started breaking out, hell, if I started breaking out I would QUIT SO FAST (way too vain) /images/graemlins/grin.gif my mom gained 17lbs when she was pregnat with me...

Nikki

Imogin3 said:
Bettle;

could you please list your vitamin regimen...and the brands as well. I want to find what you are having too much of, 10lbs is no joke /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. If I gained 10lbs and started breaking out, hell, if I started breaking out I would QUIT SO FAST (way too vain) /images/graemlins/grin.gif my mom gained 17lbs when she was pregnat with me...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes please LMK also, I just lost about 25pds, yes i am feeling very fabulous, not too thick not too thin, I am trying to maintain my weight @ this time and would hate for these vitamins to make me gain weight especially in place i don't want.... LMK, I just started my vit. regimen ....

G

Imogin3 said:
Bettle;

[/ QUOTE ]
__
Before the hair growth issue:
Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc
COQ10
I HAD NO WEIGHT ISSUES.

After the hair growth issue:
Hair, Nail and Skin Vitamin - Dosage 2 tablets daily. Niacin 40mg
Folic Acid 400mcg
Vitamin B-12 20mcg
Biotin 400mcg
Pantothenic Acid 92mg
Chromium Picolonate 30g
Iodine 100mcg
Zinc Oxide 20mg
Manganese Gluconate 10mg
Choline Bitartrate 250mg
Inositol 500mg
Para Amino Benzoic Acid 30mg
Essential amino acids for hair included in hair vitamin L-Isoleucine 4mg
L-Leucine 4mg
L-Lysine 4mg
L-Methionine 4mg
L-Phenylalanine 4mg
L-Threonine 4mg
L-Tryptophan 4mg
L-Valine 4mg
L-Aspartic Acid 4mg
L-Serine 4mg
L-Glutamic Acid 4mg
L-Proline 4mg
L-Glycine 4mg
L-Alanine 4mg
L-Cystine 4mg
L-Tyrosine 4mg
L-Histidine 4mg
L-Arginine 4mg

MSM
Esther C

This week, I stopped the MSM and basically my face has pretty much calmed down.

The weight gain would have to be from the HSN or the MSM. It was really weird. Some days I would weigh 15 lbs more and some days I would weigh 15 lbs less. I bought a new scale and it still flunctuates daily but by only 2 or 3 lbs per day.

I think MSM, although it spurted my hair growth, is just too much for my body at this time.

Imogin3

Beetle;

The MSM is actually the least toxic thing you are taking its toxicity is that of water. I am sure the weight gain is from Chromium Picolante....you MUST be working out to take this...It helps to burn fat when you work out, but if you don't work out you gain weight from it. I use to take it when I was lifting weights 4days a week. Also too much Zinc and vitamin A will make you break out alot, in addtion to the caffine in the CP. How much MSM are you taking? you are only to take it MAXIMUM 3 times a day at 1/4 teaspoon = 3,300

G

Imogin3 said:
Beetle;

The MSM is actually the least toxic thing you are taking its toxicity is that of water. I am sure the weight gain is from Chromium Picolante....you MUST be working out to take this...It helps to burn fat when you work out, but if you don't work out you gain weight from it. I use to take it when I was lifting weights 4days a week. Also too much Zinc and vitamin A will make you break out alot, in addtion to the caffine in the CP. How much MSM are you taking? you are only to take it MAXIMUM 3 times a day at 1/4 teaspoon = 3,300

[/ QUOTE ]
__
I was only taking 1000 mg or g a day. The breakouts had to be the MSM. I don't have them anymore since I stopped taking it.

I am now working out so maybe the Chromium stuff will stop causing me to gain weight. Thanks for the info.

carrie

ok, yes there are calories in vitamins. Mainly the oil ones like flax and EPO. They are essential fatty acids. Good for you. When taking these, I would advise to watch your overall dietary fat. Cut bad fats, not these. Also Amino acids are protein, which means a few extra calories. Likewise I would make adjustments in other areas of your diet, not here.

I would suggest taking a look at what you eat as the culprit for weight gain, not the vitamins.

Jade21

I would suggest taking a look at what you eat as the culprit for weight gain, not the vitamins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Double ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Jade~