Vatika Oil vs Coconut Oil

SimplyBlessed

Which is better....Vatika Oil or just 100% unrefined coconut oil?

To my knowledge Vatika Oil was coconut oil, but just need to here what u ladies have to say....

Stella B.

They're both good for the hair. Vatika oil is a combination of coconut oil, amla, lemon, and henna. I use Vatika on my scalp twice a week. My staple is coconut oil, (spectrum, refined) which I use for sealing my ends daily. :grin: I love coconut oil!!!

msa

I've never tried vatika, but I love my pure, virgin, cold pressed, hexane free, 100% coconut oil. It's amazing.

SimplyBlessed

They're both good for the hair. Vatika oil is a combination of coconut oil, amla, lemon, and henna. I use Vatika on my scalp twice a week. My staple is coconut oil, (spectrum, refined) which I use for sealing my ends daily. :grin: I love coconut oil!!!

wow so u use both...mmmm is it b/c u can't or don't want to seal with the vatika?

Austro-Afrikana

Vatika is not something you'd put on your hair and just go out. It doesn't smell too bad but it's quite strong. Vatika is more for overnight pre-poos before using a shikakai bar.

Soliel185

My Vatika oil smelled like lemon-y pastry. I know some have had issues with the smell, but I read online that if it smells bad it may be expired, so be sure to check the dates.

Both Vatika oil and pure Coconut oil are great for your hair. Coconut oil tends to be easier to get. I find that Vatika Oil made my hair feel silkier than plain Coconut Oil. I used it as a leave-in and to seal damp hair and I had no problems.

I use vatka oil. I actually love the smell, it definately does not smell bad and I do use it on my hair and go out. It smells great, to me at least. It has a spicier smell to me than regular coconut. I figure it had to be better than regular coconut oil. I mean it is coconut oil with some added ingredients such as amla and I have always loved amla oil.

chebaby

coconut oil is better for me. i love it to add in my conditioners, do an overnight HOT and for sealing.
i have vatika oil too and its ok. nothing special to me. lately i prefer amla to vatika.

cmperez

I've tried both and I like Vatika better. The smell did take a little getting use to-- its not a bad smell just foreign. Vatika doesn't leave my hair greasy-- it penetrates better--whereas coconut oil just sits on my hair.

F8THINHIM

I have both. I love vatika oil (with coconut oil and its mix of other good oils). The smell doesn't bother me. Since I cowash in the summer, I seal with this and go out. At night, I put either vatika or coconut oil on my ends before I braid my hair and tie it up.

DivaD04

i second Austro-Afrikana. out here in saudi, it depends on which one you get. there are more than one kinds. the yellow bottle does smell nice but the green bottle, ehhhh not really. the one for dandruff smells a little awful (green bottle) and no you can't just go out n about and think no onw will notice the rank stinch. so it's not really as much as if it's gone bad but which vatika oil you get.
i've personally prefer coconut oil.

eta: the vatika hair conditioning cream....one of my faves is the the cactus and (aloe vera?), it's been about 2 years since i've last used it but i see it all the time.

Last edited:

baddison

natural for good
I have both. I add my pure unrefined organic coconut oil to my conditioners, before I settle in for a nice DC w/heat. But I use Vatika with all of its wonderful goodness to seal my moisturized hair, or to baggy my ends for added strength to my ends. I love them both.

LovelyLionessa

I love my Vatika oil. One of my all time favorite products. It has a lot of good ingriedients besides the coconut oil, amla, lemon, henna, etc. Love it!

Stella B.

wow so u use both...mmmm is it b/c u can't or don't want to seal with the vatika?
right...I'd rather use plain coconut oil to seal since I use it daily. I'm thinking Vatika might be too heavy in combination with the amla and other ingredients to use just for sealing my thin ends!

Last edited:

Jewell

I'd say Vatika Oil, though that's the only one of the two I've used. It has more ingredients that benefit your hair & scalp than just unrefined CO.:look:

I like the smell of both Vatika and Amla oil. I can easily tolerate the "herbal" smell. Once I apply to my hair, the only one that lingers is the Amla, (for a few hours) and to me it has a fruity, herbal smell.

Last edited:

MonPetite

Vatika has the benefits of the lemon and neem add-ins that pure coconut oil does not, however both are fantastic. That said, I prefer unrefined coconut oil and I think Vatika uses refined oil.

MizzCoco

I use both, I really don't have a preference, they both do the same thing for my hair...I really love how Vatika oil smells tho

Vonnieluvs08

I just got my Vatika Oil (green bottle) Mon. I used this for my twists and they weren't as soft as when I use VCO, as tho it didn't penetrate my hair like VCO. I'm doing another HOT with Vatika and other oils since the first time my hair was super soft and easy to detangle. I think I'll alternate between the 2 since they both have different benefits.