Vatika Oil....Does it Really Darken Hair?

Aquamarine

Hi there!
I have some and it says that it has henna and amla oil in it and that it darkens grey hair.

Has anyone noticed any definate darkening after using this oil (imported from India).

I know there were some threads about it somewhere and I read a few, but I'd don't think that this question was addressed. If it was, I apologize.

....or would I be better off just using a 'natural black' color from Clairol or something. I favor permanent color.

currently transisioning.

Tai

Vatika oil can also lighten some people's hair. I've seen a few people mention that their hair became lighter as a result of using Vatika.

I haven't noticed a change in my dark brown hair from using it.

kitchen_tician

I've been using Dabur Amla and Vatika and my hair seems much darker. I've been examining my hair all week trying to figure out why it was dark, thanks to you, now I know. Hmmmm

I think it was more so the Amla oil than the Vatika, because I use it more often. Also, I only noticed darkening on my natural hair color. My g'ma even noticed it.

Thanks for posting this.

Aquamarine

Hi there!
Hmm. Looks like hair darkening from using this product is an individual thing. Perhaps it depends on the porosity of ones hair strands. I was once told by a beautician that I had 'porous hair' and that's why colors seemed to more easily lift and deposit for me. Then again, I was relaxed too.

Since my current color is a light brown (Clairol Textures and Tones), I'll go ahead and darken it with CTT's Natual Black color. I thought that I'd look good with a warmer hair color, but the contrast with my eyebrows is too obvious

I wonder if the Vatika oil can still be used on permanently colored hair??

So now my goal is shiny, all natural, black hair.

Thanx for your help and insight ladies!

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Shatani said:
can you only get vatika oil at indian grocery stores??

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the only place I've seen it. I've also seen it available online.

SVT

I noticed a very slight darkening which is fine with me because I prefer dark colored hair.

SVT

[ QUOTE ]
Aquamarine said:
I wonder if the Vatika oil can still be used on permanently colored hair??

So now my goal is shiny, all natural, black hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've used it after I've colored with Bigen Oriental Black and had no problems.

Aquamarine

Hi there!
Thanx svt. (and all others!). I'm gonna try the Bigen brand of hair color for a change. After work today, I'm gonna see if they have a 'natural black' color. Then I'll start using the Vatika oil a few times a week thereafter, to see if it darkens the roots any(I have about 10 grey strands on the top right side).

thanx again everyone!