Using only one product line only! Who does it? Help me :)

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I really want to simplify my life in many different ways, and I want to get to the point where I only use one line.
My routine is pretty simple right now, and I have all my staples, but I want to be able to use only one line, perhaps with a few exceptions.
Here's all I want in a line:
Moisturizing shampoo
Moisturizing Deep Conditioner
Light protein treatment
Moisturizer/leave-in
Styler/wrap foam/holding product
Serum
Price point: No more than $10 for any of the products
Good smelling!

That's it. Any suggestions? They can be both mostly natural or not, although I do want to eventually go all natural/plant-based for my hair and skin. That will come in time though.
I'm thinking about Giovanni, Shea Moisture, and Hydrathermal Naturals.
thanks in advance, ladies!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
oh and preferably something that can be found in stores! i don't like ordering things online if i can help it.
damn, i guess that takes hydrathermal naturals out of the running....

ravenhairedcharm

To answer your question, no I don't use all one brand. As far as other affordable natural brands that can easily be found in store:

Giovanni
Aubrey Organics
Alba Botanicals
Alaffia
Jane Carter Solution
Yes to... line
Burt's Bees
Organix
Renpure Organics
Tresseme Naturals line

I think Giovanni has the most styling products out of all them though; I use their direct leave-in and it's great!

Last edited:

Successfulmiss

I use mainly Silk Elements Olive Oil and silk protein line and their Mega Cholesterol Treatment has been a Godsend! (not only for the product but the value and the amount you get per bottle being an APL natural I have to have alot of product for the money)...that has been one of the ONLY lines that has helped me to maintain my moisture balance and manage my moisture thirsty hair. If I had to choose a mainly natural line it would be Organix. But I have been on my HJ for almost 2 1/2 yrs now and have tried many, many products. I understand everyone hair is different so certainly go for what is best for you. Hopefully this post will help someone :).

me-T

elasta qp is awesome and black owned. not natural, but very good for the price.

isawstars

When I was texlaxed I used only 2 lines:

Aphogee Shampoo
Aphogee 2 min reconstructor
DCed with Silk Elements MegaSilk Conditioner
Aphogee leave in conditioner

1x every week and I bunned almost everyday. I retained a lot of length.

ETA: oh wait... I just remembered that I used to put HE long term relationship leave in on my ends everyday before I put my hair in a bun. Oh well... I feel like as long as your regimen is simple it doesn't matter if you use an entire line or not. I tried using the Silk Elements entire line but my hair hates the shampoo, leave in conditioner and moisturizer...

Good luck!

Last edited:

Seamonster

Good luck with that. I think you could do it if you only wear your hair one texture. Say if you just do twist outs, Afroveda or QB would work. If you are relaxed or a heat trained natural SD. Then again if you you only bun Ayurvedic would work. But if like most of us you wear twist, twist outs, buns, flat iron, rollerset, etc...

There are a few lines that might work, Silk Dreams, Mozeke, or Claudies. Silk doesn't have a gel, but she makes great products. Mozeke and Claudies have everything you would need in your price point. You need to be a hauler to use boutique lines though, they close to get caught up on orders, after a sale, run out of products, etc.

CurlsBazillion

My basic products (shampoo, conditioner, DC, leave in) are all by Elucence. I do use Joico for protein and two other DCs every once and a while.

simplyhair

I tried to use one product line (Shea Moisture) but it just didn't work out. Some items from the line did not make me happy with the final results.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Look into Elasta QP. I really stanned for nearly all their stuff. The products work well, smell awesome and are very affordable. If they hadn't gone and put daggone coconut and avocado oils in everything (which my hair hates) I would still be a loyal customer :yep:.

ETA: I luuuuurrrrrved their creme conditioning poo, intense condish and Mango butter :lick:

Last edited:

Tiye

To answer your question, no I don't use all one brand. As far as other affordable natural brands that can easily be found in store:

Giovanni
Aubrey Organics
Alba Botanicals
Alaffia
Jane Carter Solution
Yes to... line
Burt's Bees
Organix
Renpure Organics
Tresseme Naturals line

I think Giovanni has the most styling products out of all them though; I use their direct leave-in and it's great!

I used Aveda products only for many years. Anything extra is an oil, an herb or from the kitchen. It's doable and cheaper too. If I decided to stick with a drugstore line I'd use Renpure Organics.

HoneyDew

I dont think I could really. Not things that can be store bought. NONE have good leave ins and moisturizers for me. And many don't have quality deep conditioners.

If I wanted to use ONE line totally (and was willing to spend on it) I would go for Komaza Care. She has everything I would need.

For Store bought I would use Neutrogena Triple Moisture, but that line doesnt have a moisturizer that I would like. And nothing for protein if I needed it.

Someone posted Giovanni. That is another good one, but again...not daily moisturizer that I would like.

MsSanz92

I would suggest Keracare or Design Essentials but they're out of your price range if you're willing to splurge I highly recommend both of those lines especially with Keracare's new Natural Textures line.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Hmmm, tough inquiry. Most don't use exclusively one line. It isn't so easy to find everything you need/want in one line. My advice is that if you love Hydratherma Naturals, then buy enough to last you for a while so that you're only ordering a few times a year.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
^^Actually, I would love to try out your line! I've heard great reviews. :)

Thanks for all the insight, ladies! I will probably be ordering a few samples to try out. I am so determined-ain't no stopping me now lol.
I just wanna look on my bathroom shelf and see all the same style bottles. And no decision making when I go to style my hair. Just, oh, got all my stuff and I'm ready to rumble.

SelfStyled

Hey Rocky- I have been so intrigued with this thought. I never really thought it was possible though. If I ever get through my PJ stack, I would love to do the same thing. I am at the point in my life, where I want EVERYTHING simplified.

Anywhoo,

Some lines that may work for you:

The Palmers Line-
Coconut Oil Formula Conditioning Shampoo
Coconut Oil Formula Repairing Conditioner
Coconut Oil Deep Conditioning Protein Pack
Coconut Oil Formula Replenishing Hair Milk
Coconut Oil Formula Moisture Gro Shining Hairdress
Coconut Oil Formula Shine Serum Hair Polisher
Coconut Oil Formula Strong Roots Spray

I have only tried the Protein Masque- and it was awesome!

Also Aussie has really beefed up their styling products, and they now have a daily moisturizer, besides a gel, poo, conditioner and DC.

Another great line- although it is much a higher price point (Your still in college right?) is the Macadamia healing oil line:

Healing Oil Treatment
Healing Oil Spray
Nourishing Leave-In Cream
Rejuvenating Shampoo
Moisturizing Rinse
Deep Repair Masque
Reviving Curl Cream
Control Aerosol Spray
No Tangle Pre-Styler

I have tried the Deep Repair Masque and that is another awesome products.

Let us now what you end up going with and good luck!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
^^Thank you ladies for your insight!
SelfStyled, I have definitely looked at the macademia stuff. it looks amazing! but alas, i can't see myself paying $16 a bottle. at least not until i get a real job-yep I'm still in college.

update if anyone's interested: I have sampled the Sally's one n only argan oil line shampoo, condish, masque, leave-in, and of course the oil treatment, which I regularly use. OMG this line is great!! and right in my price range-everything is around $10.
i will give it a few more washes with my sample bottles to see if it's not a fluke, but I'm pretty sure I will be buying the larger bottles and using this line exclusively.
now to use up my other products. le sigh. at least i only have a few bottles to use up.

SelfStyled

^^Thank you ladies for your insight!
SelfStyled
update if anyone's interested: I have sampled the Sally's one n only argan oil line shampoo, condish, masque, leave-in, and of course the oil treatment, which I regularly use. OMG this line is great!! and right in my price range-everything is around $10.

Rocky91- Yes! Sally's argan oil line is an excellent choice, and smells great too! Glad you found something that is working for you.

lamaria211

If i ever decided to stick to one product line it would probably be Kerastase but right now i have waaaayyyyy to many products for that i think it would take me years to use up my stash. but good luck to you and if you do find a line worth sticking to please let us know how it works for u