Anyone get more growth using only one product line?

jendazzler

I am such a product junkie that I never use the same hair products back to back. Each week I pick a different shampoo or conditioner from my stash. I was wondering if anyone has experienced more hair growth using just one hair product line for a while.

msa

Well I don't see how using one product line would produce more growth. But I can see how it may help in retention.

Some products are made to work with other products in the line, so by using only those products you would be getting the best result (at least according to the manufacturer). That may help you increase your retention by increasing moisture, reducing breakage, etc. etc.

dachsies_rule!

I'll let ya'll know in a couple of months. I've always used Mizani for shampoo and conditioner, but until recently i was using HS 14 n 1 for moisture. I just switched to Mizani Butter Rich hairdress for my moisturizer, so it's all about Mizani now! I have 2 inches to MBL, so maybe this will get me there faster...who knows. :look:

Lucia

There's a longhair on youtube who uses mostly one line Of the Pantene products and it works for her, but she stated she has oily scalp. Pantene does dry out alot of people's hair b/c it has wax, alcohols, and cones in it
www.youtube.com/user/LeobodyC5#play/uploads/28/vQ2vSLr7Vvc

Last edited:

hiphoprocker

ita with the poster that said it helps with retention.. not only because the products in the same line seem to "work" better together but because if there is a problem you can more readily ID the culprit.. im a bonafide PJ and had some serious breakage a few days ago and the worst part was not knowing which of my long arsenal of (new) products was the culprit.. so i had to go back to the ones i know work to put a halt on the breakage.. if i had switched to a whole line of products instead of using HE this, and pantene that it would have been a little easier to know which brand was causing my hair to hate me for a few days... sorry hair!!

isawstars

The first few years I've been here I was a product junkie. I'm no longer a PJ and since August I've been using Aphogee's line religiously... Every friday I shampoo with Aphogee shampoo, use 2 min reconstructor, DC with Biolage's ultra hydrating balm, Aphogee leave in conditioner then air dry. I moisturize my hair with HE leave in or co wash with hair one as needed (1-2x a week).

I've retained more length than I ever have... and I've been a member here since 2005. I think it shows in my fotki. I don't know if it's because I'm using protein regularly or because I've stuck to one product line.... but it has greatly helped with my retention.

KhandiB

I was wondering if this could be true.

I am really a lover of motions (all but the relaxer) Elasta QP and Granier Fructis

I started a challenge to myself to use one line of products for 6 months and see if I notice a difference. I think I may do that now. Id have to start with motions since I cannot live without the Moisture Plus, LOL

back2relaxed

Thanks ladies...you have inspired me to try this! I just need to decide which line. Also I will be implementing Aphogee 2 min at least every 2 wks. I am looking between the following lines:

Keracare, Mizani, or Design Essentials.

that_1_grrrl

Hm, I think it might be beneficial to people who use protein products because I would think the whole line would not have protein products. There would moisture products and protein products in the line and would prevent protein overload. I think that may be what the companies mean about their products working together. That's just my guess.

ceebee3

I was wondering if this could be true.

I am really a lover of motions (all but the relaxer) Elasta QP and Granier Fructis

I started a challenge to myself to use one line of products for 6 months and see if I notice a difference. I think I may do that now. Id have to start with motions since I cannot live without the Moisture Plus, LOL

Girl, my hair would be so upset without some Motions Moisture Plus. That is the best conditioner I've ever used. I'm happy I can get a big 80oz tub for like $18 bucks. It lasts for quite a while.

KhandiB

Yes, Best conditioner I ever used, LOL
Thats why Imma have to say motions for my one line challenge, lol

Girl, my hair would be so upset without some Motions Moisture Plus. That is the best conditioner I've ever used. I'm happy I can get a big 80oz tub for like $18 bucks. It lasts for quite a while.

maxineshaw

I have had success with retention (not growth-I'm too cynical (or realistic) to believe a product can grow my hair) using mainly one line: Oyin Handmade. I've noticed that their products keep my hair soft and moisturized like no other (which leads to a reduction in breakage, protected ends, and all those goodies that go into retaining my hair growth).

I did the exact same thing with Oyin, and I had the best results of any line I've used. I've never used Motions Moisture Plus, but I highly recommend their Lavish Conditioning Shampoo:grin: My cousin-who has the thickest head of natural hair I've ever seen on a person-uses their hair lotion, and her hair stays soft and moisturized.

KhandiB

Thats the poo I was gonna get too!

I have had success with retention (not growth-I'm too cynical (or realistic) to believe a product can grow my hair) using mainly one line: Oyin Handmade. I've noticed that their products keep my hair soft and moisturized like no other (which leads to a reduction in breakage, protected ends, and all those goodies that go into retaining my hair growth).

I did the exact same thing with Oyin, and I had the best results of any line I've used. I've never used Motions Moisture Plus, but I highly recommend their Lavish Conditioning Shampoo:grin: My cousin-who has the thickest head of natural hair I've ever seen on a person-uses their hair lotion, and her hair stays soft and moisturized.

jendazzler

Well I don't see how using one product line would produce more growth. But I can see how it may help in retention.

Some products are made to work with other products in the line, so by using only those products you would be getting the best result (at least according to the manufacturer). That may help you increase your retention by increasing moisture, reducing breakage, etc. etc.

I have a ton of products, but I think I will focus on just 2-3 products for awhile and see how it goes.

jendazzler

ita with the poster that said it helps with retention.. not only because the products in the same line seem to "work" better together but because if there is a problem you can more readily ID the culprit.. im a bonafide PJ and had some serious breakage a few days ago and the worst part was not knowing which of my long arsenal of (new) products was the culprit.. so i had to go back to the ones i know work to put a halt on the breakage.. if i had switched to a whole line of products instead of using HE this, and pantene that it would have been a little easier to know which brand was causing my hair to hate me for a few days... sorry hair!!

This is a good point. Sometimes my hair feels drier than at other times, and I am not sure which product I used caused it.

remilaku

I am thinking about doing this! I was diagnosed with traction alopecia yesterday. Cleaning up my new growth to much. That is why I started freeforming a few months ago. I wanted to freeform anyway. I thought that my clients would not like it. You know how people look at their stylist hair to see if they can do their hair. I love my lose hair. I love freeforming. I should have kept on doing it the first time I did it for 5 months. I am a freeformer for life now! I have been freeforming for 3 or 4 months now. I bought the Nu Gro shampoo. Want to see if it works for me. If I like it, I will try more things in the line. Got to get this hair of mine back to healthy!

Last edited: