Using Henna to stretch relaxers

tnorenberg

I remember in a thread a while back someone mentioning that using Henna somewhat straightens out or softens the new growth curl pattern. This got me thinking ...:rolleyes: Is anyone out there using henna to help them stretch their relaxers and make the new growth more managable to you can stretch your relaxer longer? There has to be something to the 6mos to 1 yr stretchers here. Any thoughts.

AllieCat0817

I am not a 6 month-1 year stretcher, but Karishma brand henna DEFINITELY does this for me (softening NG, way more manageable and the color is INCREDIBLE).

HealthyHair2007

Henna makes the newgrowth so much more managable. I use the Jamila brand and it really does the trick. I am at 7 weeks now with about .75 to 1 inch of new growth. I wash twice a week using Design Essential or OJON moisture shampoo and a mix of ORS Replensihing Pak and Design Essential moisture recovery conditioner. It's working well.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I have been strecthing for 10 mos now and yes henna helps. It is not the end all answer but it does help. I also steam in my DC 2x a week when I am not in braids. I love henna for its strengthing properties as well as the color I am getting. I henna about 1x every other month cause I am usually in braids.

RosesBlack

Henna helps me out a lot. It keeps the demarcation line between NG and my texlaxed hair strong. I had a hard time stretching and not using henna before. Between henna and coconut milk/lime treatments I'm hoping for a six month stretch.

tnorenberg

I am not a 6 month-1 year stretcher, but Karishma brand henna DEFINITELY does this for me (softening NG, way more manageable and the color is INCREDIBLE).

I've heard good things about Karishma Henna. Where do you get yours?

Henna helps me out a lot. It keeps the demarcation line between NG and my texlaxed hair strong. I had a hard time stretching and not using henna before. Between henna and coconut milk/lime treatments I'm hoping for a six month stretch.

Same here. I have struggled with stretching, never making it past around 14 weeks. I tried the coconut/lime thing, but it did nothing for me.

I have been strecthing for 10 mos now and yes henna helps. It is not the end all answer but it does help. I also steam in my DC 2x a week when I am not in braids. I love henna for its strengthing properties as well as the color I am getting. I henna about 1x every other month cause I am usually in braids.

10 mos...WOW. I ultimately want to relax/texlax no more than twice a year. The thing for me is that I do wash n go's/ bunning 99.9% of the time and co wash 3 - 4x a week. Can't do braids :nono:. Tried that once . It took 8 hrs to put in and 20 min for me to rip them out of my hair right afterI got home. :lachen: