Using Aphogee 2 Step Protein every week for 6 weeks...

outspokenwallflower

So, I had some serious breakage recently and went to salon that is really good in helping restore and maintain the health and length of relaxed hair. Well, she did the Aphogee 2 Step protein (the one that is super stinky and gets hard under the dryer for 20 mins) and even after I still had some hair falling out, even though my hair felt a bit stronger. I recall her saying that because my hair was still falling out, she would have to do the Aphogee treatment every week for 6 weeks....

Now, I've looked at the bottle in a BSS store and read some info you ladies provided about the Aphogee on here and I'm reading that it should be used ONCE every six weeks...so would every week for 6 weeks be too much? Or is it okay to do that (if using a heavy moisturizer afterwards, etc). Basically, I wanna know, was this hairdresser talking crazy???:ohwell:

msa

I've never used that product.

But I would never use a heavy protein like that one every week for 6 weeks.

I suggest you use the Aphogee 2-min for the next few weeks if you still feel like your hair needs protein. It's milder. But, you should definitely assess your hair before you use even the 2min. Your breakage may have stopped by the time next week rolls around.

I wouldn't trust that hair dresser with my hair at all.

Chevelure618

she is crazy. once a week with that stuff andyou will have no hair at all. I was having the same problem and couldn't understand the breakage. Turned out my hair needed MOISTURE. Common hair products can all have some amount of protein. Stick to moisturizers that don't. Try infusium or Joico moisture balm

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Heck Yeah! That's crazy talk. Are you sure you don't need moisture instead? Try a light protein instead of something so serious like Aphogee 2 Step Protein..

outspokenwallflower

Thanks ladies! I knew that sounded extreme, I just figured she'd know better than me, but apparently not...I'm glad I double-checked with you ladies. :grin:

ceebee3

Wow, that sounds really off the wall. Did you hear her correctly? I can't imagine anyone instructing someone to use that once a week for six weeks. Maybe she meant to say every six weeks. I've been using the 2 step every six weeks. It didn't stop my breakage automatically like I would have thought but i did notice less breakage. I also like how it makes my hair feel stronger.

bedazzled

You sure she didnt say she was going to use the aphogee kertain treatment (2 step) for 6 weeks? I would never use that aphogee hard 2 step once a week! Thats like asking to be bald. Shes a loontoon.

outspokenwallflower

Yeah, she speaks good english, though not perfectly, so I'm hoping she meant every 6 weeks and not every week...although, she had said: you need to come back next week and again after that, i need to do the treatment every week for 6 weeks because it's still falling out after using it

But I'm hoping she meant every 6 weeks. She probably did.:look:

gissellr78

So, I had some serious breakage recently and went to salon that is really good in helping restore and maintain the health and length of relaxed hair. Well, she did the Aphogee 2 Step protein (the one that is super stinky and gets hard under the dryer for 20 mins) and even after I still had some hair falling out, even though my hair felt a bit stronger. I recall her saying that because my hair was still falling out, she would have to do the Aphogee treatment every week for 6 weeks....

Now, I've looked at the bottle in a BSS store and read some info you ladies provided about the Aphogee on here and I'm reading that it should be used ONCE every six weeks...so would every week for 6 weeks be too much? Or is it okay to do that (if using a heavy moisturizer afterwards, etc). Basically, I wanna know, was this hairdresser talking crazy???:ohwell:

It is a very strong protein treatment use it like the bottle instructs...every 6 weeks NOT every week...your breakage might get worse

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
You did not say what was causing your Breakage? Is your Hair Relaxed? Natural? If you are Relaxed, are you using the right relaxer and are you stretching your relaxers between application?

I agree with the other Ladies. I would recommend a Milder Protein Treatment followed up with a Good DC w/Heat. However, you need to "Know" why it is Breaking before you can treat it properly.

I would limit the amount of direct heat I am using (if any) day to day, and I would make sure I kept my ends moisturized as well and do as little manipulation as possible. Up your Water intake and if you are not taking a good Vitamin start.

Last edited:

outspokenwallflower

You did not say what was causing your Breakage? Is your Hair Relaxed? Natural? If you are Relaxed, are you using the right relaxer and are you stretching your relaxers between application?

I agree with the other Ladies. I would recommend a Milder Protein Treatment followed up with a Good DC w/Heat. However, you need to "Know" why it is Breaking before you can treat it properly.

I would limit the amount of direct heat I am using (if any) day to day, and I would make sure I kept my ends moisturized as well and do as little manipulation as possible. Up your Water intake and if you are not taking a good Vitamin start.

My hair really had some major breakage when I got my last relaxer...I stretched my relaxer the longest ever, which was 10 wks.
I have a bunch of mild protein products (Joico K-Pak, Aphogee 2 Min, etc.) that I will use in between the 6 week Aphogee treatment.

----------------------------------------
Thanks so much for all your input and help ladies!!!:grin:

Stella B.

Heck Yeah! That's crazy talk. Are you sure you don't need moisture instead? Try a light protein instead of something so serious like Aphogee 2 Step Protein..
I totally agree with Starronda. I'd try adding more moisture first to see if that helps!

CAPlush

Only use the Aphogee every 6 weeks. You should indulge in moisture treatments afterwards. You may still have a little breakage after you use Aphogee, but that is only because you need to use a heavy moisture treatment, and be gentle with the hair following the treatment. I think if you are trying to hang onto hair that you know is damaged/overprocessed, you can use the treatment as close as 4 weeks, but really 6-8 weeks to correct protein problems due to relaxers is more than adequate.

Lovelylife

Yeah, she speaks good english, though not perfectly, so I'm hoping she meant every 6 weeks and not every week...although, she had said: you need to come back next week and again after that, i need to do the treatment every week for 6 weeks because it's still falling out after using it

But I'm hoping she meant every 6 weeks. She probably did.:look:
She probably meant for you to use the milder one every week.

hothair

Ok step away from the crazy stylist:nuts::badcop:DO NOT USE APHOGEE 2 STEP [yes I'm shouting]EVERY WEEK FOR SIX WEEKS :badidea: Maybe she meant she'd do weekly DC treatments for 6 weeks if not she's out to get your hair off your head :axehunter: I say up your moisturising DCs for the next week or so and take it from there.

keysha1983

She was talking CRAZY! You can use the Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor every week, but not the Aphogee two step! Your stylist was insane!

LushLox

2 step treatment every week? Good lord it would help it would help if the chic could learn to read first! :lol: Talk about a danger to her clients!

ETA: I'm hoping she really did mean the milder treatment every week, otherwise she shouldn't be working on people's hair.

Last edited:

gymfreak336

Using the Aphogee 2 step once a week won't give you any additional benefits given the way the protein is bonded to the hair. The most the company recommends you use it once every 4 weeks when the hair is extremely damaged.

If you need a treatment every week, dudleys DRC is a better option, as is something with lots of polymers like nexxus emergencee.