Used Aloe Vera Juice Before Washing And It Was The Best Wash Day Ever!! Pics!

Newbie2Beauty

niqu92 Yes I am transitioning to natural. I am 4 months post now and am going to try and do it for about 2 years before I big cut. This is the first time I have ever gone past BSL so I am not ready to give up my new length. So far things are going well. I do a lot of protective styling but when I want to wear my hair down I do a lot of braid outs or rollers. Those two methods blend the two textures well. And WriterGirl posted pics of a super cute style over on the transitioners thread. I'm so going to try it!!

Bnster

Thanks for the tip. It will also help me use up my aloe vera juice that's been sitting in my fridge and is expired. I currently use NTM to detangle and it works really good. I will also give this a try and save my NTM. Too bad I just finished washing, I will have to await next week to do this. Must jot a note somewhere so I won't forget.

Newbie2Beauty

Thanks for the tip. It will also help me use up my aloe vera juice that's been sitting in my fridge and is expired. I currently use NTM to detangle and it works really good. I will also give this a try and save my NTM. Too bad I just finished washing, I will have to await next week to do this. Must jot a note somewhere so I won't forget.

Be sure to report back and let us know how it worked for you.:)

MsKibibi

Thanks for the tip! I'm stretching also (only to 14 weeks, instead of my usual 10 weeks), so I'll try this next wash day. I have 2 gallons of aloe vera juice, one bottle I resorted to adding to the water I give to the plants just to make room in the fridge LOL.

Newbie2Beauty

MsKibibi OOOOMMMGG it's MsKibibi :notworthy You are one of the major reasons I started my Healthy Hair Care almost a year ago! I would like to personally thank you!! I am so excited to see you commenting on my thread lol!! :yep: Sorry ya'll I'm a big nerd lol! Please let me know how it turned out for you!!

Newbie2Beauty

Dayjoy I washed right after. It was probably on my hair for about 10 minutes prior to me washing it because I wanted to make sure I had it evenly distributed in my hair. And I just couldn't stop spraying because it felt sooooo refreshing lol! :) But after I was finally done spraying I wash it right out.

MsKibibi

aww you're making me blush (Colgate smile). I'm happy to hear that my hair journey helped you along with your hair journey. I'll try it out this weekend. Did you use it cold or at room temperature? Lord knows that with this heat, I'd gladly use it cold.

MsKibibi OOOOMMMGG it's MsKibibi :notworthy You are one of the major reasons I started my Healthy Hair Care almost a year ago! I would like to personally thank you!! I am so excited to see you commenting on my thread lol!! :yep: Sorry ya'll I'm a big nerd lol! Please let me know how it turned out for you!!

fatimablush

i just sprayed some on my hair and the tangles on my thick, dense, coarse yet fine hair melted away...i don't know why i didn't try this sooner.

WriterGirl

Just checking in to say that I did my weekly wash on Saturday night and sprayed the aloe vera juice on my new growth (about 2 inches).

This time I didn't DC before my wash and only did a slight finger-detangle.

It was very easy to detangle in the shower with my wide-tooth comb.

I think this one is a keeper. :yep:

Newbie2Beauty

WriterGirl I hear you!! I don't know what I ever did without it! I really truly love it!! Today when I washed my hair my husband was like what are you spraying in your hair now? I was like Aloe Vera Juice and then proceeded to spray his hair talking about, "feel the juice, feel the power of the juice!" :lachen: LOL He thinks I am crazy lol!!

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I sprayed AVJ all over DD's natural hair before washing then put on a conditioner cap and let it sit for about 15 minutes (she insisted on having a snack before we got into our "process") and didn't need to use the Tangle Teezer for the first time since we got it. This is surely a keeper. Thanks big time Newbie2Beauty!!!

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
I used this mixed with some oil as a prepoo yesterday and it detangles as a dream. It also makes my curls clump together perfectly. This is this first time I've really seen the benefit of AVG despite using it for a awhile.

Newbie2Beauty

@Dayjoy Wow I am so glad it helped your daughter. Me having two little naturals to take care of every little tip I can get helps. I am glad I can help you all! It really is amazing and I cannot believe I didn't try it sooner!!

TraciChanel

OMG...thank you SO much for sharing this!! I read it last week and saved it so I could remember to try it. I took out my PS today (after 8 weeks) and sprayed some aloe vera juice on my hair before washing and conditioning. WOW....I usually dread doing my hair when it's out of the protective style. This made it so easy..BTW, I am a natural w/ hard to manage 4a/b (maybe c) hair. So if it works for my hair, it'll work for anybody :lol: Thanks again.

MrJohnsonsRib

This is a great tip OP. I really like the idea of that bottle of unused AVJ beign used to detangle. I can't reatin length b/c I can't detangle properly and i can't detangle properly b/c I have nothing which allows me to at ease, not enough slip these days. So I am SSK city and frizzy ends which are just dry.

againstallodds

Bumping I see there is some more interest in how to use AVJ. This thread has a lot of info.

Newbie2Beauty Thanks for bumping this up! Your hair looks very similar to mine! I am 11 weeks post and have started dreading wash day because I have deal with tangles.

I recently purchased a bottle of aloe vera gel. I wonder if the gel version will yield the same results, but I'm will to try!

P.S. following your blog now!

Newbie2Beauty

againstallodds Thanks for the follow!! I know what you mean about wash day. It is getting very difficult and I literally have to set aside most of my day for wash days. I am now 23 weeks post now and I get so excited the further I get. It is exciting and I cannot wait to be fully natural!!