Aloe Vera juice Benefits on Hair n Skin

Krymsonkween

Any1 use this on their hair or drink it?

Aloe vera is a plant that goes by many names: medicinal aloe, true aloe, Chinese aloe, Indian aloe, Barbados aloe, burn aloe. They all refer to the same plant, though--the spiky-leaved, green, succulent plant with serrated edges and incredible moisturizing power. The soothing properties in aloe vera juice or gel make it a natural choice for dry, troubled hair.
  1. How to Extract
  2. To remove the juice or gel from an aloe vera plant, cut off a mature leaf with a sharp knife (older leaves have the most nutritional value). Remove the spiked edges and slice the leaf open. Use a spoon to scoop out all of the gel. For the juice, break the leaf and squeeze it into a cup. If you don't have your own aloe plant, you can purchase the leaves, gel and juice at health food stores.Conditioner
  3. Instead of your regular conditioner, whip up this moisturizing, aloe-based gel. Use 1/4 cup aloe gel, and combine with the juice of 1/2 lemon. Mix in a few drops of your favorite essential oil(s) for fragrance and extra moisture. Apply after shampooing, leaving it on for three to five minutes.Overnight Treatment
  4. For superb hydration, leave aloe vera juice in your hair overnight. You can mix it with cold-pressed oils such as olive or avocado for extra conditioning. Wet your hair with the mixture, put your hair in a shower cap, and drift off to sleep. In the morning, rinse well (if you used pure juice) or shampoo and condition (if you added oils).Hair Loss
  5. The benefits of aloe vera are still being researched, but it contains two substances called "macrophages" and "superoxide dismutases"--both of which have been considered as possible hair growth stimulators. The anti-inflammatory properties of aloe are wonderful for inflamed follicles, and the plant is so soothing that there's no harm trying it out. Apply aloe vera juice or gel directly to the scalp and massage it in. Leave it on for a few hours or overnight, and keep an eye out for new hair growth.Dandruff
  6. Aloe vera works to prevent or cure dandruff. Apply the juice or gel directly to your scalp, and rub it in well. You can add a few drops of tea tree oil for extra potency. Leave it on for 20-plus minutes before showering. Repeat this several times a week for two weeks, or until the problem goes away.Irritated Scalp
  7. The gentle, soothing feeling of fresh aloe vera juice is wonderful for itchy, irritated or sunburned scalps. Break a leaf and squeeze it directly onto hair. Rub it gently into the scalp and leave in. Reapply whenever the irritation resurfaces

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I add aloe juice to my morning smoothie, fruit juice and/or tea to assist in digestion and help my body better absorb nutrients. I add aloe juice to my leave in spray and add aloe gel to my homemade mixes. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

exoticmommie

I use the gel, for my hair and face, I use the juice, rosewater and oil as a hair spritz. And I take the aloe vera gel pills/capsules. Just started taking them, I hope to see benefits soon.

Rikku

I love the aloevine aloe vera juice ^^
I use a really nasty tasting *pure* one that cost about 25 freaking dollars....for my hair moisturizer xD (with rose water and glycerine aswell. Usually I put alot more aloe vera juice than the other stuff. It does work well =D

Fine 4s

Family members put aloe gel on their face to lighten blemishes or acne scars, and wash off after it dries or when desired.

CaramelLites

I use Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Juice on my hair.. I use it as a moisterizer and styler. I'm natural and it gives me soft, defined, frizz free, moisturized hair:lick:. The picture I attached is of a twist out from twists styled with aloe vera juice. I love it!

Attachments

• IMG01121.jpg
    IMG01121.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG01100.jpg
    IMG01100.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 33

gadgetdiva

I've just started using pure aloe vera juice on my hair recently. I've added it into my leave in conditioners as well as my MT treatment. I mist my hair w/ the AVJ right before I wrap my hair in a silk scarf.
I love the softening/humectant effects of it!

Esq.2B

I'm trying to figure out if drinking aloe vera juice internally, benefits the hair at all. I had some recently. It was tasty lol.

Lucky's Mom

I use Aloe Vera every day.:grin:

Any1 use this on their hair or drink it?

Aloe vera is a plant that goes by many names: medicinal aloe, true aloe, Chinese aloe, Indian aloe, Barbados aloe, burn aloe. They all refer to the same plant, though--the spiky-leaved, green, succulent plant with serrated edges and incredible moisturizing power. The soothing properties in aloe vera juice or gel make it a natural choice for dry, troubled hair.
  1. How to Extract
  2. To remove the juice or gel from an aloe vera plant, cut off a mature leaf with a sharp knife (older leaves have the most nutritional value). Remove the spiked edges and slice the leaf open. Use a spoon to scoop out all of the gel. For the juice, break the leaf and squeeze it into a cup. If you don't have your own aloe plant, you can purchase the leaves, gel and juice at health food stores.Conditioner
  3. Instead of your regular conditioner, whip up this moisturizing, aloe-based gel. Use 1/4 cup aloe gel, and combine with the juice of 1/2 lemon. Mix in a few drops of your favorite essential oil(s) for fragrance and extra moisture. Apply after shampooing, leaving it on for three to five minutes.Overnight Treatment
  4. For superb hydration, leave aloe vera juice in your hair overnight. You can mix it with cold-pressed oils such as olive or avocado for extra conditioning. Wet your hair with the mixture, put your hair in a shower cap, and drift off to sleep. In the morning, rinse well (if you used pure juice) or shampoo and condition (if you added oils).Hair Loss
  5. The benefits of aloe vera are still being researched, but it contains two substances called "macrophages" and "superoxide dismutases"--both of which have been considered as possible hair growth stimulators. The anti-inflammatory properties of aloe are wonderful for inflamed follicles, and the plant is so soothing that there's no harm trying it out. Apply aloe vera juice or gel directly to the scalp and massage it in. Leave it on for a few hours or overnight, and keep an eye out for new hair growth.Dandruff
  6. Aloe vera works to prevent or cure dandruff. Apply the juice or gel directly to your scalp, and rub it in well. You can add a few drops of tea tree oil for extra potency. Leave it on for 20-plus minutes before showering. Repeat this several times a week for two weeks, or until the problem goes away.Irritated Scalp
  7. The gentle, soothing feeling of fresh aloe vera juice is wonderful for itchy, irritated or sunburned scalps. Break a leaf and squeeze it directly onto hair. Rub it gently into the scalp and leave in. Reapply whenever the irritation resurfaces

~NanCeBoTwin~

I've used 100% AVJ regularly during my stretch from the 3 month mark post since joining the board. I LOVE it, I attribute it to my sucessful stretch (34 weeks)...

I apply it directly to my scalp via app bottle
I have it added to a mix of ayurvedic oils
I've also added it to my DC's

I also take shots of it for the health benefits.

I'm trying to figure out if drinking aloe vera juice internally, benefits the hair at all. I had some recently. It was tasty lol.

I buy George's 100% AVJ it's distilled so it's tasteless and odorless. I purchase it from the Vitamin Shoppe and I've seen it at Whole Foods.

Last edited:

Sweet Charm

I put aloe vera juice in one of those bottles that you use to oil your scalp and I love it, It really moisturizes my scalp