Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Tagging @Aggie

Did the Cassia treatment today.

I mixed in an old 12oz plastic jar: cassia about 1/3 up, a tsp each of Amla, brahmi and maka (bringraj) powders, then neem oil and wheat germ oil to make a paste and last, water to make it loose and easy to apply. In all, it made about 10-12 ounces of henna.

Washed, applied and placed deep conditioner over it. I twofered because I didn't want to rinse one out then deep condition all over again. Left it in for about an hour, rinsed it out, then lightly shampooed the residue out. My curls were more defined. Hair felt stronger. I'll analyze over the week how my hair feels. Oh, and it detangled well. Probably all the oils.

This is the first time I've ever applied henna like this, but I think I'll do it like this going forward.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Tagging @Aggie

Did the Cassia treatment today.

I mixed in an old 12oz plastic jar: cassia about 1/3 up, a tsp each of Amla, brahmi and maka (bringraj) powders, then neem oil and wheat germ oil to make a paste and last, water to make it loose and easy to apply. In all, it made about 10-12 ounces of henna.

Washed, applied and placed deep conditioner over it. I twofered because I didn't want to rinse one out then deep condition all over again. Left it in for about an hour, rinsed it out, then lightly shampooed the residue out. My curls were more defined. Hair felt stronger. I'll analyze over the week how my hair feels. Oh, and it detangled well. Probably all the oils.

This is the first time I've ever applied henna like this, but I think I'll do it like this going forward.
I was going to ask how yours went.

ETA (since I wasn't finished): I did a 100g of cassia, 3 tbsps each of aloe vera & chamomile, and 1 tbsp of marshmallow root powder. Lots of water until it was thick pancake batter texture. Applied it and then fell asleep for 4 hours :look: My hair is super soft today. I'll see how I feel about it; might do it once or twice more before the end of the year.

Last edited:

NaturallyATLPCH

So the Honey Molasses Treatment is definitely more of a strengthening treatment. Not necessarily protein strong, but my hair does feel stronger verses balanced like the Not Easily Broken DC. I do like balancing verses strengthening in a DC so once I use this up, I more than likely will not repurchase.
That Not Easily Broken is really good.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I was going to ask how yours went.

ETA (since I wasn't finished): I did a 100g of cassia, 3 tbsps each of aloe vera & chamomile, and 1 tbsp of marshmallow root powder. Lots of water until it was thick pancake batter texture. Applied it and then fell asleep for 4 hours :look: My hair is super soft today. I'll see how I feel about it; might do it once or twice more before the end of the year.

That's the best way to henna though :look:

It was weird shampooing after deep conditioning but my hair felt so nice!

1-2x before the end of the year is correct. I kind of want henna to replace protein for me. It's just easier (lazier) :look:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
So the Honey Molasses Treatment is definitely more of a strengthening treatment. Not necessarily protein strong, but my hair does feel stronger verses balanced like the Not Easily Broken DC. I do like balancing verses strengthening in a DC so once I use this up, I more than likely will not repurchase.
That Not Easily Broken is really good.
I have like 3 jars and they will not get opened before BF.

Aggie

Okay I just purchased some powders from myhenna.us a minute ago because they sent me a 10% 0ff coupon with free shipping of $50 or more to encourage me to purchase. They don't usually offer more than 5% discount so I purchased:

3 boxes of Jamila Henna
2 packs of Nupur Henna
3 boxes of Amla Powder
2 boxes of Brahmi Powder
4 boxes of Rose Petal Powder
3 boxes of Zenia Indigo Powder
1 box of Shikakai powder

The total for my purchase was only $45.72 and this includes the coupon and free shipping cost. I needed all these powders anyway so Yippee! Great savings right here.

I don't think I will need any more of these powders for the remainder of the year. I do have some other powders and clay powders that I need to purchase by black Friday however.

Last edited:

Aggie

I have a question ladies. I bought a bottle of the APB Ginger Root Growth Lotion during the BF sales last year and today I pulled it out to use and it appears to have some thick black stuff running through it :eek2:. I wanna know if this is normal or is it mold?

Anyway I am not comfortable using it in my hair so I'll be throwing it out. It doesn't necessarily smell bad but the pumpkin scent when I first opened it has diminished a lot.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
I have a question ladies. I bought a bottle of the APB Ginger Root Growth Lotion during the BF sales last year and today I pulled it out to use and it appears to have some thick black stuff running through it :eek2:. I wanna know if this is normal or is it mold?

Anyway I am not comfortable using it in my hair so I'll be throwing it out. It doesn't necessarily smell bad but the pumpkin scent when I first opened it has diminished a lot.
You should message her.

There are bits of stuff in it (like herbs) but it shouldn't be thick black stuff. The bits in mine were brown and they looked just like herby bits.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
ST'icals Conditioning Dream Creme is still one of my Favorite ST'icals Products.:drool: I stopped getting it, because it's only 8oz, but I love it.:infatuated:

So, I asked Ayo if Liters would be available this BF and she said Yes! So, this may knock out my KG or I may end up getting them both.:help:

I should have saved my "Points" for BF.:angry2:

ETA: I will try Fro Despair Repair soon too.

NaturallyATLPCH

Hi ladies! I purchased some bentonite and rhassoul clays, as well as a Jamaican Mango and Lime Black Castor Oil Sulfate free shampoo.
The Giovanni TTTT poo that I've been using now makes my scalp itch. I did use up the bottle but I won't be repurchasing or using it anymore.

If my clays make it by this weekend, I will use them to clarify my hair before I apply my cassia treatment.