Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I also decided to pull out one of my 16oz jars of MJ's Super Sweet Back to use in rotation with CD's Black Vanilla Smoothie.

I'm so excited to finally get around to using a jar of these (especially since I bought quite a few).:nono:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I also decided to pull out one of my 16oz jars of MJ's Super Sweet Back to use in rotation with CD's Black Vanilla Smoothie.

I'm so excited to finally get around to using a jar of these (especially since I bought quite a few).:nono:

I remember using this so many years ago. I loved it. That and her khoret amen even though it had a strong sandalwood or patchouli smell.

Omg. That stuff is still my secret late night bae.

I only stopped using it because I was barely 1 year into my transition and blew through a jar like money ain't a thang. I believe she was just getting into tar.get and wal.greens at that time, and even with the lower prices, there weren't enough sales to make it worth while. I've thought about it though.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I remember using this so many years ago. I loved it. That and her khoret amen even though it had a strong sandalwood or patchouli smell.

Omg. That stuff is still my secret late night bae.
@Saludable84
Yeah, we caught those 16oz jars of the BVS for like $12-15 w/free shipping on H-S-N.

We tore them thangs up.:look:

I liked the Khoret Amen too, when I used it and you are so right about the smell.:meditate: *very herbally*

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@Saludable84
Oh, yeah...no doubt it can be done.:hug2:

Imma just keep plugging away at it and try to get things down to a manageable level.

OT: I notice Cream & Coco closed to restock their inventory.:help: I do want that Tincture Box from them.

Every time I went back for tinctures, well the sale ones, they were sold out. I wish I had gotten more than 5 now.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Every time I went back for tinctures, well the sale ones, they were sold out. I wish I had gotten more than 5 now.
@Saludable84
I got on that "Wait List" for the Spring/Summer Tincture Box. CeeLex33 sent me some really nice summer scents like Mai-Tai, a Caribbean one and a few others that were absolutely delicious smelling.

So, hopefully, I will get to get one of the boxes when the 20-17 Spring/Summer boxes become available.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
:thud:

*goes to corner and cries*
@Saludable84
We kept calling & calling & calling & calling ---- it was hilarious! :giggle:

They was prolly like that ain't nobody but IDareT and Brownie blowin' up these phone lines.:callme:

I know we wiped them out.

And Brownie had an additional 10% Coupon-Code. :up:

We wrecked havoc on po' H-S-N that day.:lol:

ETA: 1st we started out with x2 - and then x6 jars later:eek:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@Saludable84
We kept calling & calling & calling & calling ---- it was hilarious! :giggle:

They was prolly like that ain't nobody but IDareT and Brownie blowin' up these phone lines.:callme:

I know we wiped them out.

And Brownie had an additional 10% Coupon-Code. :up:

We wrecked havoc on po' H-S-N that day.:lol:

ETA: 1st we started out with x2 - and then x6 jars later:eek:
:lachen::lachen:

I'm done with y'all!!!!! A 16oz jar is heaven and that price is a crime. I don't blame y'all. You still come out better than any OTG sale.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
:lachen::lachen:

I'm done with y'all!!!!! A 16oz jar is heaven and that price is a crime. I don't blame y'all. You still come out better than any OTG sale.
@Saludable84
We kept calling them folks. They probably thought we were crazy. It was so funny.

We laffed about that a long time after it was over. Plus that discount code too?

Gurl...we tore up them 16oz jars. I stopped at x6. I can't remember how many Brownie bought?

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@Saludable84
We kept calling them folks. They probably thought we were crazy. It was so funny.

We laffed about that a long time after it was over. Plus that discount code too?

Gurl...we tore up them 16oz jars. I stopped at x6. I can't remember how many Brownie bought?

No, that was necessary. You don't find those prices and sizes in the streets and that was a great deal. 6 will get you far. Yall needed to blow up those lines. O

I'm so glad I don't have those channels anymore. I used to get sucked in all the time. DH would just turn the channel before i could fix my lips to ask to buy something.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Finished Oyin's Juices & Berries earlier in the week. Will repurchase at some point. I have a few spray leave in's in my stash that I want to try from APB so I'm good :yep:

Mama Shay's nearly 3 year transition ended today. March 28 or 29 she couldn't remember would have been 3 years. Her hairdresser told her to switch to all natural products and to take a trip to Sally's. She'll be here next weekend. At this point she has decided she will not be a straight haired natural but we shall see. She's a master roller setter so she is good regardless. I'm waiting for pics but I think she is a 3 something because her curls are looser than mine. I'm a 4a through & through.

Aggie

Morning ladies!

I had a very early start today with a women's personal development breakfast. Now I'm home texlaxing my hair and I think I will do a demi-permanent color as well. I want to use the Absolute Perfection Kit (an Olaplex dupe) in the color to see how it affects my hair.

curlyhersheygirl

Hey divas
Missed chatting with y'all. I've been planning my son's 18th birthday party for tomorrow.

We used up the following since the last list:
1L Elucence moisture shampoo ( multiple backups)
8oz QB MTCG ( 1 backup left. Will repurchase when she has a sale.)
12oz SM super fruit conditioner ( 3 backups left. Won't repurchase when all are gone due to formulation changes)
4oz APB hair pudding ( backups not sure how many :look:)
8oz Oyin hair dew ( backups in 160z size )
8oz cream and coco cotton candy cloud ( 1 backup. Definite repurchase. We went through that container rather quickly)
8oz HV vatika frosting ( multiple backups)
8oz KV henna oil ( backups of various varieties)
8oz APB pumpkin LI spray ( multiple backups)
8oz APB berry spritz ( multiple backups)

We're working on a few DC's that should be gone soon.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Haven't bought anything - currently there are a few items in my APB cart but no urge to buy at the moment. Focused on using up a number of things and currently planning my wash day for next weekend.

Once my Njoy Growth Oil is used up I think I will try APB Ginger Root Growth oil. I like the ingredients listed for that.

Last edited:

Aggie

Haven't bought anything - currently there are a few items in my APB cart but no urge to buy at the moment. Focused on using up a number of things and currently planning my wash day for next weekend.

Once my Njoy Growth Oil is used up I think I will try APB Ginger Root Growth oil. I like the ingredients listed for that.

I haven't bought anything either and I think I'll follow your lead @bajandoc86 on using up a few things instead.

I did finish up a liter size bottle of Affirm Fiberguard Sustenance Conditioner, no backup - have to repurchase one at some point.

Aggie

Just Used Up:

A Matrix Color Sync Black Ash Demi-Permanent Cream
A jar of Sarenzo Pumpkin Deep Conditioner - no back-ups and not a repurchase item - I didn't care for this conditioner at all :nono:. There was absolutely no slip, plus I didn't like the smell of it. I have to follow this up with something more moisturizing and with better slip.

Aggie

I bought some much needed satin rollers and a few items from J. Monique's Naturals about an hour or so ago. She won't be having another sale until maybe July so I wanted to get my stuff now. As far as APB and SSI, I think I'll wait. I literally have nowhere to put anything else at the moment. I need to use some more stuff up.

Aggie

Welp I see Silk Dreams is actually having a sale and although it is only 20% off I will probably buy something. I'm thinking at least the Wheat Germ Conditioner since this is a HG for me. I haven't used it in years so I most likely won't go crazy buying a bunch.
I saw that too @Shay72, but I decided to pass on it since I'm good with a couple other purchases I made today. I also wanted to try the WGO conditioner but I'll wait until BF maybe. By then, I should have at least put a tiny dent in this huge stash of mine.