Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

natura87

Finished my Shea Moisture Purification Mask. No Backups, would repurchase if it were available on this continent.:lachen:

Beamodel

Hi beauties... Been lurking, not much posting. I just purchased As I Am Leave-in Conditioner. Tonight was my first time using it and that stuff is amaze-balls. I'm really liking it. My hair feels very soft, light weight and moisturized.

Ok update: my hair feels dry now. I obviously can't use this as a moisturizer. Only a leave in. I still like it though but I need something heavier with more moisture.

Eisani

Hello! Still waiting on APB, no others ordered. I can't beweave it either! DD used up te Chocolate Rose. She's working now, I told her she can order her own :lol: I only got to use that dc twice, she KILLED that jar :nono:.

My NG cart is soooo tempting, I'm really trying to hold off on hitting paynah. Then again, I I order now I can re-up if she has a mom's day sale :look:. Lemme go see if there's a discount code...

My hair is a dry matted mess. Haven't washed since last week, surely haven't combed. I have two more work days, then I'm off for 10 days so I'm sure I'll get a couple washes in. I initially volunteered to chaperone dd's senior trip then I was like shooooot, y'all gon 'head. I'm spending that time by myself doing whatever I feel!

Beamodel

divachyk

I used it as a leave in. I think it works nicely that way. But this morning I added more as if it's a moisturizer and its dry now.

I will still use it. I like the texture, scent etc of it. I'm so use to using leave ins and moisturizers interchangeably but it's ok.

I guess I need to find a really good moisturizer then.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Beamodel divachyk

I find the As I Am to be a little light to be a moisturizer. I only like it on damp hair or steamed in to dry hair. If I put it on dry hair, I apply the As I Am, seal it in with Avocado oil, then I steam it in. This leaves my hair baby soft. I might do that sometime this week.

Beamodel

DoDo
divachyk

Thanks for the tip. I might try that. When I got home today, I sprayed a lil APB leave in, applied mission condition cranberry cheapskate to my new growth along with as I am leave in. Right now my hair feels good.

- Cranberry is too oily for me
- As I am is too light

So I'm hoping by mixing the two will result in great moisture for my dry dry new growth and hair

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
DoDo, great tip! What steamer are you using qredew handheld or table top? What moisturizer are you using? Much like Beamodel, I need a good moisturizer that appeals to all of my textures.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
DoDo, great tip! What steamer are you using qredew handheld or table top? What moisturizer are you using? Much like Beamodel, I need a good moisturizer that appeals to all of my textures.

divachyk

I used to use the steam from my shower, now I use the Q redew.

As moisturizers I have been using leave ins that can be used as moisturizers like: Oyin Hair Dew, Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk, Purabody Naturals Murumuru Moisture Milk, or Curl Junkie Argan and Olive Oil Daily Hair Conditioner. Then, I seal the leave in with an oil, normally avocado oil.

When I am really experiencing dryness I pick up Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter or QB Amla and Olive Heavy Cream.

The As I Am leave in works like Kinky Curly Knot today in my opinion except its more moisturizing. It is a nice light defining detangler, but for me it needs to be used on damp hair and then sealed in. If not, the hair can be steamed (which will make the hair damp without making it wet) with the product on and then I would seal it in with an oil.

Beamodel

divachyk

The As I Am leave in works like Kinky Curly Knot today in my opinion except its more moisturizing. It is a nice light defining detangler, but for me it needs to be used on damp hair and then sealed in. If not, the hair can be steamed (which will make the hair damp without making it wet) with the product on and then I would seal it in with an oil.

DoDo

I totally agree. I still like the as I am. It's serving a purpose for me.

Oh pura Muru Muru is my boo thang. I only have half of bottle left and I'm holding on to it. Trying not to make any online purchases until I get my Komaza results back.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
DoDo

I totally agree. I still like the as I am. It's serving a purpose for me.

Oh pura Muru Muru is my boo thang. I only have half of bottle left and I'm holding on to it. Trying not to make any online purchases until I get my Komaza results back.

Beamodel

Same here!!

It seems like everyone on this board is getting Komaza results, let me know how it turns out for you! I find hair science incredibly interesting :grin:.

Last edited:

Ltown

Greyland
Hi ladies!
hope all is well and getting warmer where you are at!
nothing new with me and hair, i'm on a use up mission only and i really don't do much with my hair anyway.

Brownie518

Hi everyone

I feel like ordering some things but i m trying to wait and see what sales mught po0 this weekend. Id like SD, APB, and SSI. When is Claudie opening back up?

I used up some JBCO and a Marguerites Magic.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Brownie518

You know the Forum will be down Friday night/Saturday and maybe Sunday.:ohwell:

This is the worst time ever! Right here at Sale time.:swearing:...:angry2:

OT: My SM Purification and my HQS GM also came today.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Beamodel

I got my x2 from the CVS Website.

I had a Coupon Code too. The x1 CVS I went to didn't have any at all and the x1 Walgreen had the 'new' formula (Dandruff Control) and it is a White Crème (like most of their other DC'ers) instead of the grayish color that we're use to.:perplexed

In that Shea Moisture Thread it said that Kaolin Clay gave the 'original' that coloring.

So, that has either been replaced or significantly reduced.:nono:

I did a quick look on Amazon and I see the price escalating. Some of them were already $17.00 :blush:

Last edited:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
IDareT'sHair

I am glad I have my rhassoul clay in my closet waiting. I can't trust any of these brands to avoid messing with their products. I will start mixing my own clay into conditioner if the new version doesn't work.

divachyk

I am glad it did the trick. I understand though, for back-flips I personally like the purabody mm and the cj argan and olive, :lol:.

But, I think you knew that :grin:.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@DoDo

Ms. Do:hug2:

Did you purchase the 'new version'?

I think it's a low-down, dirty, nastay shame, because IMO that was the best thing they had.:lol:

And I'm hoping the Superfruit 'scent' doesn't get on my last nerve.

The girl broke the seal on the Jar so I could 'smell' it and I hated to say nah.....:look:

um.....it is definitely fragrant-ful:perplexed

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
@DoDo

Ms. Do:hug2:

Did you purchase the 'new version'?

I think it's a low-down, dirty, nastay shame, because IMO that was the best thing they had.:lol:

And I'm hoping the Superfruit 'scent' doesn't get on my last nerve.

The girl broke the seal on the Jar so I could 'smell' it and I hated to say nah.....:look:

um.....it is definitely fragrant-ful:perplexed

IDareT'sHair

:hug2:

I haven't purchased the new one because I still have 1 and a half of the old version in my closet. It was the best thing they had in my opinion also, I used it every single time I washed my hair, and now they had to change it :nono:. I bought the superfruit masque too, I haven't tried it though. Half the shea moisture scents are 'skrong' so I am not surprised you are uncertain about the scent. Hopefully, it won't linger. I haven't smelled the masque yet, but the ingredients look pretty good. I might mix my rhassoul into that too :lol:.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
:hug2:

I haven't purchased the new one because I still have 1 and a half of the old version in my closet. It was the best thing they had in my opinion also, I used it every single time I washed my hair, and now they had to change it :nono:. I bought the superfruit masque too, I haven't tried it though. Half the shea moisture scents are 'skrong' so I am not surprised you are uncertain about the scent. Hopefully, it won't linger. I haven't smelled the masque yet, but the ingredients look pretty good. I might mix my rhassoul into that too :lol:.

DoDo

It literally was the best thing that they had (that I've tried IMO):yep:

I hated the Anti Breakage Masque because of the scent.:nono:

I have the Manuka and the JBCO (haven't tried...but sniffed) and those two don't smell too bad. So Far.:look:

That Superfruit however, could be a potential problem for me.:lol:

I Agree, great ingredients.

curlyhersheygirl

I don't understand why folks keep messing with a good thing :ohwell:
I loved that mask but haven't purchased in awhile because that was the only product from the company I still used. They have been messing with the other products as well so I'll KIM.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@curlyhersheygirl

The TerraForma and the Honey Marshmallow (and a couple other DC'ers) are 18oz's

I got:
x1 TerraForma 18oz
x1 Honey Marshmallow 18oz *reminds me of Fleurtzy*
x1 HempAde 4oz
x1 Butter Crème 8oz