Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
meka72, if you don't mind, PM me what else she recommended.

Brownie518, glad you're feeling better.

ITA about the MHC stuff...I can't quite put my hands on what it smells like but if I had to say, it's very medicinal. I have a few MHC items in my stash that I will pull out this winter.

meka72

divachyk, unfortunately the Pantene cowash was the only specific product recommendation that the doctor made. I go back to her in 6 weeks and will ask if she could recommend other products.

She is NOT a product junkie and seems amused when I go to appointments talking about some new (to me) product. Lol. She has been on my wheat germ oil crusade though.

divachyk

meka72, I deal with acne so my derm told me to stay away from the fragranced products like Hello Hydration, Aussie Moist, etc. Other than that, we've not spoken about much. There aren't any A.A. derms in my area. I'd love to visit one though as I think they'd understand our skin, situations, etc. better.

I love wheat germ. I use it for oil rinsing. I'm out right now but will be buying more.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I hope not too many (if any of my Sistas' in the U1B1) got caught up in that Heat Plates debacle?:nono:

I was put off in the Oils & Tea Thread(s) when she came in and posted her Links, which is one reason I kept asking her if she was joining the Challenge. I detest randomness.:lol:

Something about it just didn't sit right with me from the very beginning.:look:

And ya'll know I'm a bandwagon, product hoppin' Diva:lachen:

She posted links in just about every thread and now look things have gone awry............:ohwell:

meka72

meka72, I deal with acne so my derm told me to stay away from the fragranced products like Hello Hydration, Aussie Moist, etc. Other than that, we've not spoken about much. There aren't any A.A. derms in my area. I'd love to visit one though as I think they'd understand our skin, situations, etc. better.

I love wheat germ. I use it for oil rinsing. I'm out right now but will be buying more.

I know that you travel for your job and will PM the derm's info if you're ever in this area. I've gone to several derms and this one is the best that I've ever gone to.

Ltown

Greyland
Hello ladies!
I'm still thinking about BF list i'm random shopper when it comes to hair and have been getting on the ground products like Shea moisture. I just picked up Chi Kertain conditioner from TJ Max 32 oz for 16.99. use up naturelle co wash, won't repurchase.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Does anyone have one of those corner shower caddies in their bathroom? You know the one where the pole goes up to the ceiling? I'm contemplating getting one. I have a lot of room around my tub but I think keeping stuff there doesn't look as neat/clean.

Beamodel

Does anyone have one of those corner shower caddies in their bathroom? You know the one where the pole goes up to the ceiling? I'm contemplating getting one. I have a lot of room around my tub but I think keeping stuff there doesn't look as neat/clean.

Yes I have one and love it

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I got a crazy Cart of Oil(s) from Piping Rock sitting out there:
Pure Cold Pressed Pumpkin Seed
Pure Cold Pressed Hemp Seed
Pure Cold Pressed Wheat Germ
Extra Organic Coconut Oil

Lawd I need to take a seat. But, I'll probably pick these up soon.

I did buy Pure Cold Pressed Avocado & Flax Seed a while back.

Brownie518

I got a crazy Cart of Oil(s) from Piping Rock sitting out there:
Pure Cold Pressed Pumpkin Seed
Pure Cold Pressed Hemp Seed
Pure Cold Pressed Wheat Germ
Extra Organic Coconut Oil

Lawd I need to take a seat. But, I'll probably pick these up soon.

I did buy Pure Cold Pressed Avocado & Flax Seed a while back.

Those all sound good :yep:. Not that I'm looking for any more oils, though. :perplexed

divachyk

NG Mango & Coconut Water is the truth. I ran out and it made a huge difference in my wash day and not in a good way. Def loading up during BF.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I hope not too many (if any of my Sistas' in the U1B1) got caught up in that Heat Plates debacle?:nono:

I was put off in the Oils & Tea Thread(s) when she came in and posted her Links, which is one reason I kept asking her if she was joining the Challenge. I detest randomness.:lol:

Something about it just didn't sit right with me from the very beginning.:look:

And ya'll know I'm a bandwagon, product hoppin' Diva:lachen:

She posted links in just about every thread and now look things have gone awry............:ohwell:

IDareT'sHair I felt exactly the same way.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Nice story - If I do say so myself :grin:

I am so happy for BFF! She had a lot of issue with her hair and a scalp condition that caused her to lose hair for years. I pushed her to go to a derm, first dr. was a fail, so I pushed her to try another, and she found a black dr. He diagnosed her with a form of alepcia, I believe and gave her meds. It has helped her alot.

I also convinced her to stop using poo and to cowash so her scalp and hair does not get dry, and taught her how to install her on yarn and marley braids.

I hadn't seen her in a few months and I was looking at her hair - thinking she got some tracks :look: It was so shiny and healthy looking, and some good growth, so I asked her if she had a couple pieces (she use to get pieces added prior to the yarn/marley). She said no, so I got all close (we been besties for 20yrs, so it's cool) and it was all her! It really looked great!

Last edited:

divachyk

IDareT'sHair, I get a good laugh at you not liking random. I always reflect back to when I was the random poster getting ignored. I could not figure out what was up. In due time, after the hazing period ended, y'all accepted me. :lol: Now when randoms drop in, I think po' lil tink tink, if she only knew how it really works up in hea'. :giggle:

I wanted some straight plates for my ng but oh well. I didn't pledge money though.

That's awesome about your friend Golden75

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I get a good laugh at you not liking random. I always reflect back to when I was the random poster getting ignored. I could not figure out what was up. In due time, after the hazing period ended, y'all accepted me. :lol: Now when randoms drop in, I think po' lil tink tink, if she only knew how it really works up in hea'. :giggle:

@divachyk

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:........ :dighole:

Hey we're just keeping the Tradition.:look:

When La Colocha, *Fab*, Eisani and Charz & 'nem was here, they wasn't havin' alladat.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Yeeeeah booooy!

ForumRunner_20141027_181031.jpg

Birthday cake and honey dew scent are many jammies!

I am feeling the new whipped buttas.... Can't wait till wash day!

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF