Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkd

I am washing tonight. I am going to do a tea rinse with ayurvedic powders and then twist for a twist out tomorrow. I don't know what I am going to DC with.

natura87

I gave my cousin my KC Spiral Spritz. Its not enough for my hair...but I think it will work well on her youngest 2 (3 and 1).

natura87

I have a job interview and I'm not sure what I want to do with my hair. I'm torn between keeping them in and curling them or taking them out and doing bantu knots...but then again I'm not really experienced with bantu knots so they might come out crappy. Decisions, decisions. I just rinsed the braids with conditioner this morning.

mkd

I have a job interview and I'm not sure what I want to do with my hair. I'm torn between keeping them in and curling them or taking them out and doing bantu knots...but then again I'm not really experienced with bantu knots so they might come out crappy. Decisions, decisions. I just rinsed the braids with conditioner this morning.
Is it somwhere kind of conservative? Can you do a nice bun?

natura87

Is it somwhere kind of conservative? Can you do a nice bun?

No, it would be for a Lead Teacher or TA position so I don't think they want anything spiffy. I dont think I can fit my braids in a bun, my loose hair..probably but I suck at updos. I have to figure something out by Monday afternoon.

mkd

No, it would be for a Lead Teacher or TA position so I don't think they want anything spiffy. I dont think I can fit my braids in a bun, my loose hair..probably but I suck at updos. I have to figure something out by Monday afternoon.

I am sure whatever you decide will be lovely. Good luck!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Good to "see" you T.

About Hairveda I've ordered 2x during on a sale on several occasions :look: and each time they automatically combine my order and refund the shipping. If I remember currently they didn't refund the shipping until they shipped. I hope that makes sense. They couldn't do that for me last BF because I ordered so much they had to ship separately :look:.

I did hear back from Reyna (HV).:yep: She is looking into what stage of processing my orders are in. Hopefully, they can go ahead and 'add' if not, I guess I'm not pressed. I have several "Protein" DC'ers to use up anyway.:perplexed

La Colocha

N87 good luck on your interview. Maybe you could redo your hair and wear one side pinned up and the other side down. I don't have a picture but like take some hair about to your ear and pin that up, then let the rest hang.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Finished my Hair.:ohwell: After I got 'into' it, I really didn't feel up to it, but I'm glad it's over with.:blush:

I only used up 1 of my MHC, the (Organic Shea Hair Paste). I have a back-up tho'.:look:

I have about another use of the MHC Honey Hair Masque. I will rotate that with Jasmine's. I currently have 2 Jasmines opened. A 4 oz Avacado & Silk and a 4 oz Babbasu Xtreme, so I want to use those up soon.

Was impressed with the Ori Organics Jojoba Hydrating Conditioner. It worked well, and was 'slippy' (which never really concerns me, but it was and it felt good:lick:).

Will Clarify next wash day, do a Protein TX and do "Prep" stuff for my Relaxer on October 1st/2nd. *May try Claudie Protein Treatment under Steamer*

Can't believe we're heading quickly into Fall!:blush:

La Colocha

I have not washed my hair yet. Going to make my leave in and i hope it works, if it does going into fall here is my product list.

baking soda washes

Peppermint oil spray for scalp

Tigi moisture maniac conditioner- ( i went to tj maxx today and they had huge bottle of giovanni but not any of this)

K- leave in, if it works i will order a few more bottles of kckt

Sweet almond oil to seal my hair, i already have this.

Shea oil- i decided that im going to get a larger size of this

Burt's bees prepoo- since im not going to use shampoo anymore except to clarify i have to figure out where to put this in my reggie, its thick and i thought about a dc but i don't want my hair to be greasy. If at all to use up what i have i could use it on my ends until its gone.

Not alot of stuff but i hope these things give me enough moisture. I don't want to keep switching up products, i want to stay with something for a while.

Eta- i figured up how much knkt i would need to last me until spring at 1oz a week, i would need 4 or 5 more bottles.

Last edited:

chebaby

good luck on the interview. for a teacher i guess you can do anything with your hair. you said you have braids in? how about just leaving them down?

chebaby

La, i think i will try shea oil sometime in the future. that way i can easily mix it into my conditioners and/or pre poo with it.

La Colocha

La, i think i will try shea oil sometime in the future. that way i can easily mix it into my conditioners and/or pre poo with it.

You should try it che, i have used it for odds and ends and i didn't realize i was using it up until i looked at the bottle. I just re ordered some more from coastal scents which is a bit cheaper than tns and i could choose priority mail instead of fed ex.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

I have some Shea Oil too.:grin:

I may put it on my previously relaxed hair when I relax. I meant to do that last time, but I ended up using Coconut Oil.:ohwell: (Actually forgot about it):nono:

La Colocha

Im going to try my shea oil as a dc today. I know it doesn't have any slip but i don't use my dc to detangle. Its like a backwards hot, sit under the dryer for about 30 minutes, rinse and then apply my other things. I will see how it goes. Shea oil is not like shea butter at all, not as heavy as castor oil but not thin.

mkd

I am going to need to buy some shampoo soon. I am debating between buying elucence again (both the clarifying and the moisturizing) from curlmart or just buying KC come clean at whole foods or target.

La Colocha

I am going to need to buy some shampoo soon. I am debating between buying elucence again (both the clarifying and the moisturizing) from curlmart or just buying KC come clean at whole foods or target.

I would also recommend elucence clarifying shampoo, that is one consistant staple that i have used for a long time.

chebaby

i am going to purchase kc come clean this weekend. thats it. i dont have anything on my radar to purchase.

i might purchase afroveda new hair butter but i bet it stinks.

chebaby

my black hair turned out nice. i like it. of course its going to wash out after i co wash maybe twice. i might continue to do rinse instead of permanent color and only co wash once or twice a week since i have my twist out down pat.
my mom is going to freak when she sees her color gone lmao.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I had 2 packages today. My Indigo from Mehandi.com and my Jasmine Pro-Vitamin Spritz. I don't care for the smell of that at all.:nono:

I wish I woulda' got 'unscented'. It smells like some perfume I remember from back in the day that I didn't care for.:nono:

I hope my leave-in and other things will drown out that horrible smell.:look: Not sure when I'll use it tho'.

I am still using Ltown's Spritz and I have Njoi Herbal Tea Spritz open that I will go back to first before opening up any more Spritz.:look:

La Colocha

Is anyone going to do another hairveda haul? I wonder who won the double order. I want some more stuff but i better slow my roll.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Is anyone going to do another hairveda haul? I wonder who won the double order. I want some more stuff but i better slow my roll.

Girl, I'd really like to pick up that Methi Stuff.:ohwell: I just don't want to pay another $10.70 for shipping.:nono:

I'm not sure what Imma do. I will decide once I hear back from them.:perplexed

I shoulda' got an extra Moist 24/7 and another Whipped Ends Hydration?

What are you going to do?:look:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
yes it sure does. it took a while but i figured out what my hair likes and it worked out.
me and mkd are always on the same page with our twist and braid outs.

IK, but you stuck with it and finally got it Right! :grin:

That's Really Great! :grin:

Hopefully, that will happen for me and this Self-Relaxing...........:rolleyes:

La Colocha

Girl, I'd really like to pick up that Methi Stuff.:ohwell: I just don't want to pay another $10.70 for shipping.:nono:

I'm not sure what Imma do. I will decide once I hear back from them.:perplexed

I shoulda' got an extra Moist 24/7 and another Whipped Ends Hydration?

What are you going to do?:look:

Even though i want to im not. I haven't gotten my first products yet:lol:, i don't even know if i will like the stuff. If i do there is always black friday. But im wondering if she is going to have a bf sale since its not too far away or is this it for the year?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Even though i want to im not. I haven't gotten my first products yet:lol:, i don't even know if i will like the stuff. If i do there is always black friday. But im wondering if she is going to have a bf sale since its not too far away or is this it for the year?

Girl, Who We Talkin' 'Bout?????:lol:

BJ Gon' have Black Friday, Blue Monday & Red Tuesday!:lol:

She Ain't letting no $ get away from her......:look:

Status
Not open for further replies.