Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownBetty

Hi Ladies!

I am done for the year. I got my stuff from my hair dresser. She is on some type of medical leave so I've gone to the salon around here but who is going to give me a touch up? *autotune cry*.

I've been good as of late. If you use loreal hair fixer it is being discontinued, so snap it up if you see it. I have 3 boxes and need to get it a couple more.

T - feel better!
Che - that situation at work sounds sooo crazy. I hope it all works out.
Nat - good luck!

Everyone else - Heeeeeeey!

Vonnieluvs08

I'm not really feeling these dry twists. The ones on the hair line keep trying to unravel. I don't know if this is because my hair is naturally softer and smoother so with out the curl to keep it together its not holding up as well. They also look frizzier.

I was looking at Jasmine's new site and new jars. It looks brighter but trying to find certain things took a little extra searching because they have been reclassified.

Ltown

Greyland
Hey ladies, T glad you are doing better! Che I happy some resolutions at work is coming through. Nothing new with me and my hair, no new purchase. I'm going to be making some ayrveda teas and that it.

Brownie518

Che, I see AV also has a new ginger butter.

I didn't JC had a new butter either. Interesting. I have never tried any of her products, they don't appeal to me.

m, that AV ginger butter isn't new. It's the 'mens' line. My SO uses it and loves it.

T, I'm looking at the nbd cosmetics...stop it, girl. Let me know about that butter you got. :look: A lot of that stuff looks good.

I gave away a few things this past week. I gave up a Jasmine's Nourishing hair bath, Qhemet BRBC, Komaza Moku conditioner, Suave Shea Almond conditioner, 3 body butter, 2 shower gels, and an Njoi Coconut Hair butter. Gotta make room to store that gallon of Moist 24/7.

When will Qhem be having a sale, I wonder? I'll need to restock my Detangling Ghee and Heavy Cream soon. :yep:

*fabulosity*

good morning lovely ladies...

T! I hope you are feeling better my dear!!!! You got me wanting to place an Ori order.. The sale goes off tomorrow so I gotta hurry and make a decision...

Another funny thing.. I just got up this a.m. with the urge to clean out my hair drawers in the rolling carts. I just threw some stuff away like forget it.. I had some Jasmine's shea souffle that had turned yellow unused.. and some shea butter that smelled like detergent.. so I threw those away.. and remember that "Caramocal Joy" scandal.. so after it.. I never even opened the box .. it was in the bottom of one of the drawers.. I opened it up and that stuff was some mess.. TRASH'ed..

DH was like what is going on here.. :lachen: I was just mad at all of the $$ I've spent and I'm trashing the stuff left and right. So that should be my effort to slow down on all this purchasing.

I also found MORE Avoysoya and Cocasta! How much of this stuff did I buy?! I swear I am crazy. And if anyone wants any Curls stuff please I have it all.. milkshake, cleansing cream, deep conditioner..etc.. Just send me your address and it's outta here. Most of them are brand new..

So I also moved stuff that I want to try into the bathroom so I can see it.. you know whathisname was not too happy with that.. because since he has nothing under the vanity on his side.. that's where all my goodies are.. :lachen: Oh well..he knew what his was getting into.

I am still loving Devacare/curl No Poo and using it..!!! Shea moisture stuff is still good.. and of course Yes to.."anythang" .. but this week I have been impressed by shea moisture coconut/hib smoothie.. I was scared of this stuff when I first saw it.. it was so thick for my relatively fine hair.. but it works great. That shea moisture restorative elixir.. I love.. I just want to wear it like perfume.. :lachen: but I wish they made a big bottle of it..

Fighting the urge to make a purchase at sally's online to use that 25% off code.

Hope you all have a great day...

La Colocha

Good mornin ladies, update on my kimmaytube leave in. Now yall know im going to give it to you straight no chaser. It works for me but there is no wow factor or nothing for me to go ranting and raving about. My hair is soft and feels good but i have used products before that has made my hair feel the same. Lucious, deja's, sunshine, crisco, burnt sugar pomade, komaza califa care products, karens hair nectar, jojoba butter and a few other things i have tried. It seals the moisture in your hair and you don't need to use anything else with it, unless you need a styler for hold. Between the perfomance of the product and the price point of how much it will save me in the long run, i will continue to use it. It does what its supposed to do and gives me nothing more. It will be good also for less product build up on the scalp, you know that there is only a few ingredients to the knot today and oil and aloe vera juice. For those who don't shampoo it should be very easy to rinse out. Other than that ladies that is all that i can say about it, we will see how it does for my hair in the long run.

La Colocha

Love coastal scents and their fast shipping, i just ordered my shea oil yesterday and it has already shipped. Coming from cali it should be here tuesday.

mkd

Brownie, I have never even paid attention to AV men's line. I wonder if my DH would like that ginger butter. He used up all my Taliah Wajid spritz, whatever it was called so I need to either replace it for him or get something else. I have a Qhemet BRBC that he have in the meantime.

Hey Fab!!!! I had forgotten all about that Carmocal Joy debacle.

La, I am glad the leave in worked for you, thanks for your review!

Che, I am not sure how I feel about the aveda defining whip. It gives me better hold than HV gelly but my hair is more moisturized with the gelly. I like the whip just not sure if I would purchase it, its expensive and I think I can live without it.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey Girlzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!:wave:

Slowly on the Mend.:yep: I just rubbed in a little Njoi Coconut Deep Conditioner, especially on my NG.

Not much going on. Just kinda lying around.:sad: Still.:nono:

Oh Yeah, Ya'll......Don't Sleep on Ori Organics! Nice Prices/Decent Sizes.:yep:

But, I think they should keep the prices exactly where they are especially with that horrendous shipping cost.:blush:

Even though it's stupid, crazy, fast.:lol:

Need to check my e-mail especially since I placed that 2nd HV order before hearing back from Reyna.:perplexed

I still hope I get some kind of compensation/combination for those 2 orders. We'll See.:look:

chebaby

hey everyone
dont know why im up. thisis maaaaddddd early for me.
i have no idea what im doing to my hair today. i really need to add more color because i know its going to fade to an ugly color once i co wash. so i think im going to do that now. i had a box of permanent color in my hand last night, got scared and put it back. lol.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
T, I'm looking at the nbd cosmetics...stop it, girl. Let me know about that butter you got. :look: A lot of that stuff looks good.

I got the Mango Butter with Green Tea Extract. It's great. It's a really nice consistency light & whippy. Perfect. No smell.

I also got a protein treatment (spritz). It sounds really good in the description. Will use it after I finish up one of my Komaza's.:yep:

I was impressed with her bio/profile and she sells Hair/Face/Body products at a Salon in Philly. She's 'decent' enough to deal with.:ohwell:

I asked her to come out with a DC'er.:look: Her Jars (dark blue) still need a little work. But yeah......that Butter is Da' Bomb!. I requested an 8 ounce Jar.:lick:

OT: I heard back from Reyna. They will combine shipping for Orders 1 & 2:grin:

Ltown

Greyland
Hey, I forgot to mention earlier this week I use the okra reconstructor and it made my hair hard don't know why because it has some good ingredient but it may have too much protein. I'm not protein sensitive or maybe it's the okra extract:lachen:.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey, I forgot to mention earlier this week I use the okra reconstructor and it made my hair hard don't know why because it has some good ingredient but it may have too much protein. I'm not protein sensitive or maybe it's the okra extract:lachen:.

WOW!:blush: Maybe.:lol:

I Love Reconstructors.:lick:

Did you finish up w/something moisturizing?:perplexed

Speaking of which: Do you (& others that use) consider Jasmine Avacado & Silk and/or Jasmine Babbasu Xtreme (protein or moisture or a balance of the two?):look:

Ltown

Greyland

Speaking of which: Do you (& others that use) consider Jasmine Avacado & Silk and/or Jasmine Babbasu Xtreme (protein or moisture or a balance of the two?):look:

I love the avocado/silk and consider it balance it's probably the silk. I did follow up with giovanni smooth and silk. I like my reconstructor to make my hair soft too, affirm, and giovanni did.

La Colocha

I see "Bee Mine" is on Curlmart now.......:look:

The only thing that i worry about them having all natural products is that the stock is not rotated fast enough. Some things are because they are bought all the time like oyin, kinky curly, elucence, cj ect. But it won't be as fresh as if you ordered it straight from the vendor. Im glad that she is expanding though. I know back in the day they had qhemet but i don't know what happened.

chebaby

The only thing that i worry about them having all natural products is that the stock is not rotated fast enough. Some things are because they are bought all the time like oyin, kinky curly, elucence, cj ect. But it won't be as fresh as if you ordered it straight from the vendor. Im glad that she is expanding though. I know back in the day they had qhemet but i don't know what happened.
they were suppossed to get afroveda but i see that didnt happen..........

Shay72

Natural, 4A

I asked Dana about the Babbasu Xtreme and she considers it a light protein.

On FB Oyin showed a picture of a huge shipment they were sending to Curlmart so I feel you are on point LC. But as you said I'm sure that stuff flies off the shelf bc Curlmart ships faster. Many of the vendors don't sell all of their products on Curlmart though (ie, Oyin's 32 oz Honey Hemp is not on Curlmart).

Brownie518

Brownie, I have never even paid attention to AV men's line. I wonder if my DH would like that ginger butter. He used up all my Taliah Wajid spritz, whatever it was called so I need to either replace it for him or get something else. I have a Qhemet BRBC that he have in the meantime.

:yep: He uses that pomade and that oil they have, the Maka Herbal hair oil. Loves them both.

Who's doing their hair today, besides me?

La Colocha

I asked Dana about the Babbasu Xtreme and she considers it a light protein.

On FB Oyin showed a picture of a huge shipment they were sending to Curlmart so I feel you are on point LC. But as you said I'm sure that stuff flies off the shelf bc Curlmart ships faster. Many of the vendors don't sell all of their products on Curlmart though (ie, Oyin's 32 oz Honey Hemp is not on Curlmart).

Yes they don't have as much variety or every single product that some vendors carry, but i can remember when stuff was sold out all the time on curlmart and people started complaining, i think now they are doing a better job at handling demand.

chebaby

im sitting here with the rinse in my hair. i will rinse with cool water in about 20 minutes and co wash with oyin honey hemp and leave it in.

chebaby

Che won't the color back to back dry out your hair? Or is it something different?

i dont know lol. i hope not. its just a rinse which washes out in a few washes. i used to use it once every 2 weeks when i was relaxed but this is the first time im using it back to back. tomorrow is my shampoo and deep condition day so if my hair dries out i will take care of it tomorrow.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Yes they don't have as much variety or every single product that some vendors carry, but i can remember when stuff was sold out all the time on curlmart and people started complaining, i think now they are doing a better job at handling demand.

I wish they would carry more MHC & Darcy's Stuff:rolleyes:

OYIN BSP is always Sold Out:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.