Update on Shedding

brandy

I am so glad I found this thread!!
I have been experiencing serious shedding!! My hair used to be supper thick but after having my baby this year, becoming anaemic after child birth and going through a huge amount of stress, I lost my hair thickness!! I have lost about 4/5 of my hair thickness due to shedding!! I have ordered Viviscal and HF37. I will be adding some soy protein to my diet and resume juicing. I also pray about my hair and believe that God will replenish it. I have also just stopped breast feeding!! I believe I will be on my way to recovery soon.

I made myself some anti hairloss shampoo which seems to work. I added a decoction of the following herbs (Rosemary,Nettles and Lavender).

I wish all of us a happy recovery soon!

Last edited:

Max2004

Hi Ladies,
I wonder if someone will help me! It all began in September. My hair started shedding. I get my hair done at the salon every Thursday. However, my hair doesn't shed at all until about Tuesday of each week. Is this weird or what? At the salon, she uses products like motions, cream of nature, duo tex, and new era just to name a few. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the culprit is? My hair looks and feels thin to me. I used to have thick hair. I used to get comments on how thick and pretty it was, but not anymore.

My grandmother is in her 80's and she has below shoulder length sparkling white thick hair. She wears roller sets. I'm jealous.:( About 3 weeks ago, she said that I get the shedding from her. She said that she sheds in the spring and fall of the year.

Someone please help me!!!:ohwell:

ArizonaBeauty

I have been shedding consistently for about 2 months now. I thought it was because i was stretching but after I received my relaxer two weeks ago it has not gotten better. I used emergencee last night, previous to that I had been doing keraphix. The only thing I've changed is my diet, because I'm trying to lose weight but it was shedding before that. I've added MTG back to my routine, started taking MSM powder....can't think of anything else I'm doing different. My hair is normally thick, even after a perm but not I can feel that a good majority of my hair is gone. If I have to I'm cut it all off short and start over before I walk around looking like 80 yrs old by the head. *sigh* If it doesnt improve by the end of next month...I'm cutting it off and starting over.

gn1g

ArizonaBeauty said:
I have been shedding consistently for about 2 months now. I thought it was because i was stretching but after I received my relaxer two weeks ago it has not gotten better. I used emergencee last night, previous to that I had been doing keraphix. The only thing I've changed is my diet, because I'm trying to lose weight but it was shedding before that. I've added MTG back to my routine, started taking MSM powder....can't think of anything else I'm doing different. My hair is normally thick, even after a perm but not I can feel that a good majority of my hair is gone. If I have to I'm cut it all off short and start over before I walk around looking like 80 yrs old by the head. *sigh* If it doesnt improve by the end of next month...I'm cutting it off and starting over.
Try the derm first.

LaRobinWolfe76

I also have been experiencing some servere shedding to the point that I see bald spots around my temples.Everyday that I comb my hair I get handfuls of hair and my hair just falls out during the day even if I don't touch it.Due to my current financial situation I had to stretch my relaxer 3 months opposed to the 2 months that I usually stretch it but I've been shedding like this since July and the 2 things I did differently was change relaxers. I went from Affirm to Essations and I stopped using Nexxus products and began using all natural products with no parabens.:confused: I really do think that I need to go back to the Nexxus products. I had been using them for 6 years and I have never experienced shedding like this.A couple of years ago I went from Affirm to Eluence with no problems but I continued to be faithful to my Nexxus products.I'm with ArizonaBeauty if this shedding doesn't get any better after my relaxer on Thursday of next week I will have no choice but to cut all my hair off and start all over again.:(

Cayenne0622

I don't know if you can locate my shedding update in this thread but before you cut all your hair off, go to the doctor and have blood work done to make sure you are not anemic(need iron) and that you don't have any thyroid issues. If all goes well there then go to the dermatologist. These are the things I did. I had been shedding horribly since June and didn't seek a doctor's help until October. In the meantime, I spent tons of money on Emergencee, Essations Hair Mender, Garlic Conditioners and oils, Alter Ego Cren, etc. and none of those things worked for me. They would appear to work for a day or two and go back to massive shedding at each wash. Well, turns out that due to the anxiety, stress, and medications from a surgical procedure, I sent my hair into a premature resting phase and then shortly after that it started falling out (shedding). My dermatologist prescribed a shampoo called Nizoral. It can be purchased over the counter but it won't have the full 2% of the active ingredient, it will only have 1%. I have noticed a drastic reduction in my hair shedding over the last couple of weeks. I attribute this to the shampoo and my henna/amla treatments.
Please remember that drastic changes to your diet and/or lifestyle can cause hair shedding. Good luck everybody. I shed many tears over this and now I'm on the path to recovery.

Dogmd

I have had bad shedding now for several months. All of the hair I grew while pregnant is now gone. I started doing regular clarifying shampoos (1x monthly) followed by a protein treatment (kerafix). My hair has finally( I am crossing my fingers here) stopped shedding, and it feels soft again and easy to detangle.

Proudpiscean

I'd been having excessive shedding for over a year now, I don't know what's causing it, but it's well over a hundred hairs per day! It seemed to slow down a lot this summer when I started conditioner washes. I have also decided to transition because I believe years of relaxing (chemicals)may have something to do with it. I hope it gets better for everyone!:)

Cayenne0622

That pregnancy shedding sounds scary!! It almost seems like a waste to let your hair grow long if you are planning to have children because you could lose it afterwards due to PP shedding. Terrible!

AtlantaJJ

Cayenne0622 said:
That pregnancy shedding sounds scary!! It almost seems like a waste to let your hair grow long if you are planning to have children because you could lose it afterwards due to PP shedding. Terrible!

PP sheding is something that caught me completely off gaurd!! I WISH someone would have told me I could have taken some preventative measures... Up my supplements, something. I was shocked when my thick lush pregancy hair was suddenly thin, and I had a near bald spot on my right temple, I had to wear a style with a bang to hide it..it was pitiful. I have picutres. I might post them, before and after. I didn't know what the heck was happening to me! My doctor did nothing to help me out either! :cry:

Cayenne0622

AtlantaJJ said:
PP sheding is something that caught me completely off gaurd!! I WISH someone would have told me I could have taken some preventative measures... Up my supplements, something. I was shocked when my thick lush pregancy hair was suddenly thin, and I had a near bald spot on my right temple, I had to wear a style with a bang to hide it..it was pitiful. I have picutres. I might post them, before and after. I didn't know what the heck was happening to me! My doctor did nothing to help me out either! :cry:

That is so messed up! I wonder why some people experience it some don't. My sister naturally has fine curly hair but it thickened up so pretty while she was preggers with my niece. A few months after her birth my sister ended up cutting her hair because it shed and shed until it was back at her pre-pregnancy hair. She was so hurt. Some say its hormones others contribute it to having an epidural. I don't know.

Frustrated

I am a newbie and need serious help! My hair has been shedding and Breaking since May. I have starting doing Pre poos with olive oil, protein treatments (aphogee), and DC's. Nothing seems to help. I've examined my strands when they break and what I found is that the ends are not split, but at the breaking point the end is white. What does that mean? My hair has never been past shoulder length so any insight would be greatly appreciate.

MrsHouston

Dogmd said:
I have had bad shedding now for several months. All of the hair I grew while pregnant is now gone. I started doing regular clarifying shampoos (1x monthly) followed by a protein treatment (kerafix). My hair has finally( I am crossing my fingers here) stopped shedding, and it feels soft again and easy to detangle.

Dogmd, how long did your PP shedding last?

Cayenne0622

Frustrated said:
I am a newbie and need serious help! My hair has been shedding and Breaking since May. I have starting doing Pre poos with olive oil, protein treatments (aphogee), and DC's. Nothing seems to help. I've examined my strands when they break and what I found is that the ends are not split, but at the breaking point the end is white. What does that mean? My hair has never been past shoulder length so any insight would be greatly appreciate.

If your hair has the white bulb on the end then it is shedding, not breaking. There are so many reasons why your hair may be shedding. If you are really concerned and maybe even noticing your looking thinner then you may want to consider going to the doctor to have blood work done (check for anemia and thyroid problems - the doc may suggest others as well). Your stredding may be due to weight gain or loss, changes in diet, allergic reaction to something, stress, or even hormone issues like having a baby. Try to figure out if anything significant happened in your life a month or two prior to when the shedding first started. You might be able to narrow it down like I did.
Good luck!

AtlantaJJ

White at the end of the hair where it breaks, not the bulb from the scalp is an indication of heat damage. I remember my beautitian from back in the day telling me how she can tell I had over used my curling iron, "you are hatching little eggs on the end of your hair"

I never really knew what she was talking about until now!! WOW Go Marsha!

I just found this interesting article when I did a google on white ends of hair (not the bulb from the root)...

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Trichorrhexis nodosa
[/FONT]This is an explosion of the cortex at a single point on the hair. It looks like a tiny white bead on the hair, and can lead to hair breakage. It is a classic sign of cosmetic and chemical over-treatment of the hair. So its appearance should always prompt the thought, 'What is this person doing to the hair more than the rest of us are doing?

http://www.pg.com/science/haircare/hair_twh_74.htm;jsessionid=XEMOVSH2GZJAJQFIAJ4S0IOAVABHOLKJ
Scary stuff !!!

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

Possible Breakage Solution?

Quoting from the article, we have a thread going about a product line called Netruogena Triple Moisture that contains the very ingrediant mentioned in this article "dimethicone" . Every one raves about this product line, espeically the Mask deep conditoner!! Very interesting! This might help...

<<Minimising damage
Once it has been significantly damaged, the cuticle cannot be repaired. So hair care must be aimed at preventing injury in the first place. Obviously, all procedures should therefore be carried out as gently as possible. Apart from this, the best way to keep damage to a minimum is to condition regularly and thoroughly. This helps to keep the cuticle intact, lower friction and reduce static charge on the hair.
Conditioners that contain dimethicone (a silicone compound, made from silica which is one of the commonest substances on earth) deposit mainly at the edges of the cuticle scales - just where the damage happens most easily. Micro-fine droplets make the hair surface

smooth and shiny (less 'fly-away')- Dimethicone protects the hair from damage by reducing its resistance to brushing, combing and styling, when wet as well as when dry.
Other ingredients in conditioners and other hair care preparations also work to smooth the outer layers of the cuticle. These may include protein extracts (collagen, and the amino acids obtained from silk) and panthenol and similar compounds, which are related to vitamin B5. Some of these are known to penetrate hair and to help to increase its moisture content. Well-conditioned hair is quite easy to de-tangle. Use a large-toothed comb or brush with rounded ends.
The only way to avoid split ends altogether is to use preventive conditioning and to avoid all chemical treatments. Split ends, if they do develop, can never be repaired 'like new'. The so-called 'split end repair fluids' are applied directly to the hair tips. They contain high-density silicone fluids which draw the splayed ends of the fibres together and hide their ragged appearance. The fluid is removed at the next shampoo, however.>>

brandy

Hi ladies,
I want to update you on my progress with shedding.
I have noticed a big improvement with my hair. I made an anti hairloss shampoo using a decoction of the following herbs (nettle, rosemary, and lavender), then I added essential oil of lavender and rosemary. I have used this 4 times and last night I washed my hair and detangled in the shower to my GREATEST SURPRISE I only shed about 40 to 60 hairs!!! I usually shed about one handful or even two handfuls sometimes after a shampoo!
I could not believe my eyes.

I am officially on my way to recovery yay!!!!!!!!

Frustrated

AtlantaJJ said:
White at the end of the hair where it breaks, not the bulb from the scalp is an indication of heat damage. I remember my beautitian from back in the day telling me how she can tell I had over used my curling iron, "you are hatching little eggs on the end of your hair"

I never really knew what she was talking about until now!! WOW Go Marsha!

I just found this interesting article when I did a google on white ends of hair (not the bulb from the root)...

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Trichorrhexis nodosa
[/FONT]This is an explosion of the cortex at a single point on the hair. It looks like a tiny white bead on the hair, and can lead to hair breakage. It is a classic sign of cosmetic and chemical over-treatment of the hair. So its appearance should always prompt the thought, 'What is this person doing to the hair more than the rest of us are doing?

http://www.pg.com/science/haircare/hair_twh_74.htm;jsessionid=XEMOVSH2GZJAJQFIAJ4S0IOAVABHOLKJ
Scary stuff !!!
AtlantaJJ thank you so much for your research! Come to think of it I had a beautician underprocess my hair and then on my next relaxer try to go over it. I am going to go buy the NTM line today. Do you think I should also buy the Nexxus Emergencee as well?

AtlantaJJ

Frustrated said:
AtlantaJJ thank you so much for your research! Come to think of it I had a beautician underprocess my hair and then on my next relaxer try to go over it. I am going to go buy the NTM line today. Do you think I should also buy the Nexxus Emergencee as well?

That picture bugs me out, I shouldn't have posted it! LOL

I would do the NTM and the Emergencee and alternate....DC with the Emergencee 1 x / week or every 10 days... don't go too heavy with the protein...see how your hair reacts. You might leave it on a little longer than they recommend. I don't shampoo it out like they say I use it like a DC and just rinse and follow with moisture leave in.

Frustrated

AtlantaJJ said:
That picture bugs me out, I shouldn't have posted it! LOL

I would do the NTM and the Emergencee and alternate....DC with the Emergencee 1 x / week or every 10 days... don't go too heavy with the protein...see how your hair reacts. You might leave it on a little longer than they recommend. I don't shampoo it out like they say I use it like a DC and just rinse and follow with moisture leave in.

I will try that. How long do you think I should wait to relax (new growth getting out of control:eek: )?

AtlantaJJ

Frustrated said:
I will try that. How long do you think I should wait to relax (new growth getting out of control:eek: )?
When was your last relaxer? I would focus on stablizing the breakage and sheding personally. There are some tricks and tips on how to deal with WNG = Wild New Growth (I love that!LOL) Like S-curl texturizer (I haven't personally tried that because it would turn my soft hair into mush) But there are other threads you can read on how to do stretches or even look at transitioning techniques (you won't be transitioning, but the point is to stop breakage between the two hair textures, so they are simular) There are also some protective styling methods you can use to keep the manipulation of your hair down to a minium....

I wouldn't mess with the relaxer just yet...

AtlantaJJ

Frustrated said:
Thanks for all your help AtlantaJJ.
No problemo, as our former pres said "I feel your pain"

Please give progress reports! Lay off the HEAT!! and read the threads about moisture, reconstructing, stretching and protective styling... that's where I live these days. Get your before pictures done...we are 2007's success stories in the making!! :yay:newbies!

ArizonaBeauty

I've been looking online everywhere for a opinions on health care and came across this and many articles that were similar to this and decided to post it. It has encouraged me to just wait this out and continue with my normal routine until the shedding is so severe that I can see my scalp. I was going to cut it but im going to wait and see if this is just a phase.

In reponse to this question:
"Hi Dr Lee, I hope you can help me with my problem. I'm 23 years old female and for the past 2 or 3 years have been shedding huge amounts of hair on a daily basis. I find them on the floor in my room, in the bathroom, on sofa, in the car etc. I don't count them but it could be 100 hairs or even over. I brush my hair once a day because I'm scared I might lose more hair. I'm very worried about this, my hairdresser says it's due coloring my hair. I only color my hair once a year so I'm not sure if that is the cause of my hair loss. There don't seem to be any changes in my scalp except for the top of my forehead which seems to be thinning. My hairdresser gave me 1 box of L'oreal AMINEXIL, I'm not sure if I should try it because it could be too strong. He also gave me L'oreal hair loss shampoo. Do I have a case of hair loss or is this normal? I don't know what doctors I should see to confirm this. And also should I use the products my hairdresser gave to me? If I do use the products and just say I DID NOT have a case of hair loss, then will the products trigger the start of hair loss? I'm so confused and worried. Thank you for your help Dr Lee."

This is from a Dr. Richard Lee:

There is no way for me to know for sure whether you are having excessive shedding of hair or whether you have just become more aware of normal shedding. Although it is normal for the human adult to shed 50 to 100 hairs per day, it would be abnormal to be able to actually observe 100 hairs that are shed daily. Most of the hairs are lost in the wind or accumulate in the shower drain or contribute to the dust balls under the furniture, etc. So, if you’re seeing ‘100 hairs or even over’ on a daily basis, it’s more likely that you are experiencing excessive shedding and are having a period of telogen effluvium.

One of the best evaluations of an abnormal loss is to do a 'hair pull'. Normally, approximately 10% of the hairs on the scalp are in the telogen phase and are ready to be shed. Pinch a group of hairs between the thumb and middle finger. This will usually include 25 to 30 hairs. Give the hairs a single, sharp, quick tug. You should not be able to dislodge more than one or two hairs. Repeat this test over several areas of the scalp. Most of the hairs which are dislodged will have a small, grayish bulb on the scalp end. If you obtain more than two hairs per pull, you are probably experiencing a period of telogen effluvium.

There is no effective treatment for a telogen effluvium, because the inciting factor that caused many of the hair follicles to suddenly change into the telogen phase occurred approximately 100 days ago and those hairs are destined to shed in any case. They are no longer anchored into the dermis of the scalp, which is why they can be easily dislodged in a ‘hair pull’.

The shedding is not due to ‘coloring your hair’. Although the exact cause of a telogen effluvium often remains elusive, the inciting factor has to be a systemic insult to the body (e.g. crash diet, severe trauma, high fevers, emotional distress, etc.). You can learn more about a telogen effluvium by reading the information at http://www.minoxidil.com/journal.htm#Telogen or do an Internet search under ‘telogen effluvium’.
The L’Oreal Aminexil and the L'Oreal hair loss shampoo will not be of any benefit in preventing the shedding of your hair, but neither will it aggravate the telogen effluvium.

Another good article: http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WSIHW000/9339/10836.html

I read a lot of articles saying it natural and that everyone goes through a phase of shedding but its more noticeable to some then it is to others. I'll post more if anyone wants to read them.

Last edited:

Cayenne0622

ArizonaBeauty said:
I've been looking online everywhere for a opinions on health care and came across this and many articles that were similar to this and decided to post it. It has encouraged me to just wait this out and continue with my normal routine until the shedding is so severe that I can see my scalp. I was going to cut it but im going to wait and see if this is just a phase.

In reponse to this question:
"Hi Dr Lee, I hope you can help me with my problem. I'm 23 years old female and for the past 2 or 3 years have been shedding huge amounts of hair on a daily basis. I find them on the floor in my room, in the bathroom, on sofa, in the car etc. I don't count them but it could be 100 hairs or even over. I brush my hair once a day because I'm scared I might lose more hair. I'm very worried about this, my hairdresser says it's due coloring my hair. I only color my hair once a year so I'm not sure if that is the cause of my hair loss. There don't seem to be any changes in my scalp except for the top of my forehead which seems to be thinning. My hairdresser gave me 1 box of L'oreal AMINEXIL, I'm not sure if I should try it because it could be too strong. He also gave me L'oreal hair loss shampoo. Do I have a case of hair loss or is this normal? I don't know what doctors I should see to confirm this. And also should I use the products my hairdresser gave to me? If I do use the products and just say I DID NOT have a case of hair loss, then will the products trigger the start of hair loss? I'm so confused and worried. Thank you for your help Dr Lee."

This is from a Dr. Richard Lee:

There is no way for me to know for sure whether you are having excessive shedding of hair or whether you have just become more aware of normal shedding. Although it is normal for the human adult to shed 50 to 100 hairs per day, it would be abnormal to be able to actually observe 100 hairs that are shed daily. Most of the hairs are lost in the wind or accumulate in the shower drain or contribute to the dust balls under the furniture, etc. So, if you’re seeing ‘100 hairs or even over’ on a daily basis, it’s more likely that you are experiencing excessive shedding and are having a period of telogen effluvium.

One of the best evaluations of an abnormal loss is to do a 'hair pull'. Normally, approximately 10% of the hairs on the scalp are in the telogen phase and are ready to be shed. Pinch a group of hairs between the thumb and middle finger. This will usually include 25 to 30 hairs. Give the hairs a single, sharp, quick tug. You should not be able to dislodge more than one or two hairs. Repeat this test over several areas of the scalp. Most of the hairs which are dislodged will have a small, grayish bulb on the scalp end. If you obtain more than two hairs per pull, you are probably experiencing a period of telogen effluvium.

There is no effective treatment for a telogen effluvium, because the inciting factor that caused many of the hair follicles to suddenly change into the telogen phase occurred approximately 100 days ago and those hairs are destined to shed in any case. They are no longer anchored into the dermis of the scalp, which is why they can be easily dislodged in a ‘hair pull’.

The shedding is not due to ‘coloring your hair’. Although the exact cause of a telogen effluvium often remains elusive, the inciting factor has to be a systemic insult to the body (e.g. crash diet, severe trauma, high fevers, emotional distress, etc.). You can learn more about a telogen effluvium by reading the information at http://www.minoxidil.com/journal.htm#Telogen or do an Internet search under ‘telogen effluvium’.
The L’Oreal Aminexil and the L'Oreal hair loss shampoo will not be of any benefit in preventing the shedding of your hair, but neither will it aggravate the telogen effluvium.

Another good article: http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WSIHW000/9339/10836.html

I read a lot of articles saying it natural and that everyone goes through a phase of shedding but its more noticeable to some then it is to others. I'll post more if anyone wants to read them.

I know this article is TRUE because that is exactly what happened to me. My hair began to shed insanely a couple of weeks after a traumatic experience (and it may not sound traumatic to everyone else but it was very traumatic to me). I mentioned it several times before - my wisdom teeth surgery that includes anxiety, fear, stress, laughing gas, intravenous anethesia, antibiotics, pain medicine, allergic reaction, mistaken prescription for asthma due to chest tightening (allergic reaction), etc, etc, etc. I'm so glad to know where is stemmed from and now I'm working on retaining my hair and Nizoral shampoo is working on reducing the number of strands lost.

astevens7181

Dear Cayenne0622,
I just want to share with you about solving my problem with shedding. First of all I have had so much shedding that I couldn't figure it out either. I was cutting my length off to try and solve the shedding which I thought was mostly from a haircolor that was done over a year ago. Ihad been using Bigen permanent color but even that was causing me hair loss and big time shedding. I have very fine hair and even though I have lost a tremendous amount of hair most people still consider it fairly thick. I remember talking to a white woman once about my hair (she also had fine hair). She indicated that she used very little product on her hair especially conditioner. So this past Saturday I did a touchup of my relaxer and after conditioning my hair felt so rough and tangled. Then I had an idea, before gettting out of the shower I washed my hair with a Sauve clarifying shampoo three time and my hair was squeekie clean. Then I used an old standby conditioner that I had stopped using a long time ago. I recently had purchased a bottle of Themasilk Moisture fusion condititoner. From the minute I put this on after the shampoo my hair just drank this conditioner up and it immediately was smooth and slick and just kind of srinked down. After rinsing and then put some Biosilk and a bit of leave in conditioner and setting lotion I roller set and sat under the hair dryer. When I came out of the roller my hair was so soft, straight, smooth and not breaking. And get this when I combed my hair for the rollers I did not lose more that 5 strands of hair. I was amazed. So now no more of these conditioners they were what was making my hair hair and crackly after it was dryed or roller set. I would like to add that I did wash my hair again on Monday night 2 days later and the results were almost the same just that I had more shedding when combing to roller set. So I have said all of this to say if you have fine hair clarify and try the Thermasilk or no conditioner and see how you fair. I would be very suprised if you did not have good results. Please, please try and let me know. God Bless.

Alyce

Cayenne0622

astevens7181 said:
Dear Cayenne0622,
I just want to share with you about solving my problem with shedding. First of all I have had so much shedding that I couldn't figure it out either. I was cutting my length off to try and solve the shedding which I thought was mostly from a haircolor that was done over a year ago. Ihad been using Bigen permanent color but even that was causing me hair loss and big time shedding. I have very fine hair and even though I have lost a tremendous amount of hair most people still consider it fairly thick. I remember talking to a white woman once about my hair (she also had fine hair). She indicated that she used very little product on her hair especially conditioner. So this past Saturday I did a touchup of my relaxer and after conditioning my hair felt so rough and tangled. Then I had an idea, before gettting out of the shower I washed my hair with a Sauve clarifying shampoo three time and my hair was squeekie clean. Then I used an old standby conditioner that I had stopped using a long time ago. I recently had purchased a bottle of Themasilk Moisture fusion condititoner. From the minute I put this on after the shampoo my hair just drank this conditioner up and it immediately was smooth and slick and just kind of srinked down. After rinsing and then put some Biosilk and a bit of leave in conditioner and setting lotion I roller set and sat under the hair dryer. When I came out of the roller my hair was so soft, straight, smooth and not breaking. And get this when I combed my hair for the rollers I did not lose more that 5 strands of hair. I was amazed. So now no more of these conditioners they were what was making my hair hair and crackly after it was dryed or roller set. I would like to add that I did wash my hair again on Monday night 2 days later and the results were almost the same just that I had more shedding when combing to roller set. So I have said all of this to say if you have fine hair clarify and try the Thermasilk or no conditioner and see how you fair. I would be very suprised if you did not have good results. Please, please try and let me know. God Bless.

Alyce

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this. Right now, my regimen with the Nizoral, henna, and NTM is working pretty good so I'm going to stick with it until my dermatologist tells me I can stop using the Nizoral. I don't want to use a clarifying poo because the Nizoral is already so drying to the hair. I will keep this information in mind if my prescribed regimen doesn't stop it permanently. This will be my plan B.

astevens7181

Cayenne0622 said:
Thanks so much for taking the time to post this. Right now, my regimen with the Nizoral, henna, and NTM is working pretty good so I'm going to stick with it until my dermatologist tells me I can stop using the Nizoral. I don't want to use a clarifying poo because the Nizoral is already so drying to the hair. I will keep this information in mind if my prescribed regimen doesn't stop it permanently. This will be my plan B.

Okay, good luck with the doctors recommendations. But if you use a conditioner you might try the Thermasilk. I found out with the last bottle that I purchased Thermasilk will no longer be. It is being replaced by a product that some women here are using I believe that its called Sunsilk. Probably the mosituring formula will be comparable to the Thermasilk. God Bless and best wishes on your progress.
Alyce

MisTatim

My sympathies to all those in the shedding hair struggle.

I have suffered from excess shedding for some time now. I've recently been taking better care of my hair and finally found a Dominican salon I like. They used ORS on my last relaxer, only smoothed it over the new growth. I ask them to grease my scalp when i go in for my bi-weekly wash and set. And during my last visit I decided it was time to let them clip my ends. Well, since they clipped my ends last Sunday i havent had any excess shedding since. I hardly had any come out when I comb my hair out or back into a wrap at night. She didn't cut much off either. This is a new experience for me as I seem to have problem hair/scalp and a horrible time with stylists.