Texlaxers and shedding...

ttlayli

I usually texlax every yr.

I noticed thought that last summer right before I texlaxed, it seemed that my hair was shedding a lot. After I texlaxed, It stopped.

Now my hair is shedding again...I wanted to wait until the summer to texlax again though.

Does this mean I need to texlax more often??

ttlayli

Do you have white bulbs at the ends or not? Is it breakage ( no white bulbs)?

You might also need a good protein DC.

Yes, I see white bulbs. I just started giving myself protein treatments too. Even when my hair is wet and I'm applying condish, strands of hair come out. :perplexed

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I usually texlax every yr.

I noticed thought that last summer right before I texlaxed, it seemed that my hair was shedding a lot. After I texlaxed, It stopped.

Now my hair is shedding again...I wanted to wait until the summer to texlax again though.

Does this mean I need to texlax more often??

More than likely. I find that the longer your hair gets, the more it sheds and if you use chemicals, it's even more sensitive. Basically, it sux.

Tamrin

unapologetic
I found this for you and I hope it helps you.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Hair-Loss-1012/hair-shedding-4.htm

Answer
Actual shedding , telogen effluvium, usually is noted a month or two after something stressful to the body. this could be due an illness, diet change, blood loss , a change in birth contrl pills any new medications, emotional stress , a thyroid disorder , etc. You should see a dermatologist to get an exam which can narrow the possibilities down considerably by just looking at your scalp and pulling on a few hairs.
It is normal to lose 50 to 100hairs daily. We normally replace most all of those from the same hair bulbs. Under stress you can lose hundreds of hairs daily. After seeing your dermatologist ask to have a serum ferritin done. Many women conitnue to lose excessive hair due to low serum feritin
. If you go to my website www.hairdoc.com you will see my book listed on the home page. Click on the button which will allow you to read my entire book for free online. The chapters on "Causes of hair losss" should be helpful, as well as the chapter on "Drugs which cause hair loss" and the appendix with a fairly complete list of those drugs.
After reading the info in the website as well as the chapters I noted you will be in a much better position to evaluate the possible causes and help your dermatologist to make the right diagnosis and give you the proper therapy