UPDATE: I MADE MY FLEXIROD SET LAST 3 WEEKS!

lonei

Hi ladies, I posted pics 3 weeks ago about my 2nd attempt at a flexirod set and stated that I would make them last for 3 weeks (without re-rolling). Well I just thought I'd update you as promised and have added details under each pic every few days to document how I made it last this long. Flexrod sets are my new staple style!

Refer to feb album....

bellesocialite

I've been waiting to see how you got this style to last, lol. You flexirod set is to die for! And it lasted for so longgg. Oh lawd. I can never get it to last more than 3 days without looking funky. I have GOT to try to this, thanks!

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Wow, thanks for sharing! I finally got to see how you make it last for three weeks. You did a beautiful job. I really liked the cute styles you did with them near the end.

I'm barely able to make it last a week without it looking frizzy. I'll be referencing your album more when the weather gets warmer.

sweetcashew

I'm glad this works for you. That would be an absolute disaster for me. I'd have to cut off all my hair if I left curls in it for so long.
I can't believe you managed to make it last that long.

lonei

Thanks ladies, lol at some of ur comments! To get it to last I basically oiled it with Keracare Essential Oils every 3 days or so, curl by curl and lightly finger combing through the ends to prevent knotting. I'd wind them back up with my finger or they just sprung into place. I'd also separate the curls every fews or so. I slept with the ends tucked under a net or in a high loose pony as pictured both with a loose scarf. When doing my cardio every morning I'd just leave the net on and my hair would be very wet from all that sweating. After I showered it had usually dried so then I'd take off the net and really shake my hair about. That alleviates any flatten curls. The net use to squash two curls at the front so I used to hype hair satin rollers to re-roll those two on two ocassions, other than that I did not re-roll. Good luck if you choose to try it.

ohsosuzy

Congratulations... I know making a flexi set last three weeks is no easy feat, especially when they still look as good as yours do/did.

I tried two weeks once and by the end I looked like I didn't love myself. lol

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Your hair came out georgeous lonei! I really love it. I knew you could make it last 3 weeks....go girl! I looked at all your pics and your curls held up fabulous. It's like they started looking better and better as they got older. I moisturize mine the same way you did when I used to wear my sets like this. I just take each curl and oil it carefully then wind it around my finger to put it back in tact. It really does work and keeps the curls from frizzing. Great job girl!

lonei

Pokahontas said:
Your hair came out georgeous lonei! I really love it. I knew you could make it last 3 weeks....go girl! I looked at all your pics and your curls held up fabulous. It's like they started looking better and better as they got older. I moisturize mine the same way you did when I used to wear my sets like this. I just take each curl and oil it carefully then wind it around my finger to put it back in tact. It really does work and keeps the curls from frizzing. Great job girl!

Thanks P for believing in me!