What style will last 3 weeks?

Whimsy

that doesn't require any other hair added onto mine, and will allow me to rinse my scalp at least 2 times a week?

I'm going away for three weeks and for one of those weeks I'll be at a beach so I want to be able to at least rinse out the salt water without ruining the hairstyle.

What style would fit my criteria besides just some corn rows (which is my last resort and I wont mind)

If cornrows are my only option, what can I do to keep them from getting fuzzy and gross?

Would box braids last 3 weeks?

Thanks for your help ladies!

oooop2

If I want my hair to last, I place in small twist. I just make sure to keep them moisturized and cover nightly with my silk scarf..

PPGbubbles

Small cornrows will last that long as well as tiny twists.

With the cornrows tying hair down every night does the trick for smaller ones. In the last week you may need to put a little something to lie the edges down.

For the kinky twists If you install them small enough just give em a good cowash every couple of days and they will look brand new. This style will give you a little more variety because you can wear them in cute up dos or in a bun. Also you can rock the twist out for and additional couple of days as well.

Whimsy

2 strand twists are the same as kinky twists?

do they require any upkeep other than just sleeping in a scarf?

glamazon386

2 strand twists are the same as kinky twists?

do they require any upkeep other than just sleeping in a scarf?

Kinky twists are two strand twists with hair added much like braids. But I thought you didn't want to add hair right? You can just twist your own hair and wear a scarf or bonnet.

Whimsy

Question:

What do I ask for when I go to the Salon? Do I just ask them to do "tiny two strand twists"? or is there a style name?

glamazon386

Are you going to natural hair salon/braider or a regular salon? Natural salons will know what you mean by 2 strand twists. They'll give you the option of having your hair twisted wet or dry.

Fhrizzball

depending on how small you ask them to do it, the price will be pretty pricey. Perhaps if you pratciced on yourself by the time the day comes you'll be pro at it.

rosalindb

I wear my hair in cornrows without extensions (avatar) 24/7 :). I co-wash once a week but use a stocking/wig cap to stop my hair frizzing so much.