How straight does transitioning hair need to be in order to get an

morehairplease

accurate trim or dusting? Currently, I only have a blow dryer and while my relaxed hair is straight my new growth is slightly wavy. My curl pattern is somewhat tightly coiled and if stretched gently you get a more accurate length measurement. My plans were to go for trim today but wanted to know if it would leave me an uneven cut if it was not flat ironed straight first.

Thanks in advance for your response,
tishee

I usually rollerset and flat iron the roots to trim. Last time that I blow dried and trimmed, my hair came out slightly uneven.

I usually rollerset and flat iron the roots to trim. Last time that I blow dried and trimmed, my hair came out slightly uneven.
thanks so much for responding CaliDiamond. I plan on investing in a salon quality flat iron within the next couple of months b/c my roots were not as straight as I would have liked/felt they needed to be.

I wouldn't personally trim until my roots were completely straight. I'm finding that some parts of my head grows out faster than others so having it all straight gives me a better overall picture.

Back