ugggggggggggggh.... This child's mother thinks she has 4c hair....

LoveCraze

Naturalista
The Coconut oil treatment is a good idea, but not the Dominican Blowout. Not only is her hair damaged, but it's dirty. So she's not maintaining her hair in between treatments. If there's no such thing as 4C, then there's no 3C either right?

Why would you say her hair is dirty? She said she washed the Coconut Cream relaxer out. I would think she also shampooed her hair at some point even though it may not clearly be stated. And not to be argumentative , but how do you know she's not maintaining her hair between treatments? Because she only does her hair every 2 weeks? :ohwell: That's not so unusal. It doesn't mean it isn't being moisturized and rolled in between time. I wash my own DD's hair every other week myself and she too is in middle school.

Lady_q_tee

Her hair doesnt look very healthy to me .. I think the heat is to much..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Long Hair Care Forum App

BlackHairDiva

I just clicked the links out of curiousity...It seems that her DD happens to be the spokes model for the relaxer, I saw her on the site she has in the description section. The little girl is a spoke model for the products made by her mama.

song_of_serenity

I really think her edges are suffering a bit...:/ She's such a cute little girl and YES the end results do look nice to me...but at what cost?

Janet'

The Coconut oil treatment is a good idea, but not the Dominican Blowout. Not only is her hair damaged, but it's dirty. So she's not maintaining her hair in between treatments. If there's no such thing as 4C, then there's no 3C either right?

I am by no means the spokesperson for the Hair Typing System (as I can't even type my own hair correctly) but I think that 3c has become an established type (because it takes into account chalk sized- pencil sized curls), whereas many people call dry 4b, 4c...Remember, the "typing system" has to do with curl pattern diameter (size) and that's all...

Sianna

Why do people think "At least she didn't relax it" means that it's ok? A lot of heat on a young child's head may not be a relaxer but it can be damaging all the same. Yes, it "looks nice" but what of the long term effects?

Poor child looks super uncomfortable. :(

I agree with this comment wholeheartedly! And to go along with this line of thought, I feel that the girl should be learning that she can embrace her own natural texture, instead of learning that her hair needs to be straight in order for her to look nice or have a more "polished" look.

I just don't think it's a good thing to speak negatively of a child's natural attributes, (whatever they are) especially when they are right there listening to you.

The girl's hair looked very damaged. :nono:

Last edited:

nappystorm

Pretty much. Too much heat on anyone's head can be very detrimental, young or old.

Is the saying "grade of hair" a southern thing?? And is that the same type of "temporary relaxer" (like yogurt) recipe I've seen here?
It's a nicer way of saying good and bad hair. I recognize that "aww hell mama is about to tassle with my hair" expression the baby has. I still have that expression when my mom insit on pressing my hair:lol:

song_of_serenity

It's a nicer way of saying good and bad hair. I recognize that "aww hell mama is about to tassle with my hair" expression the baby has. I still have that expression when my mom insit on pressing my hair:lol:
I know what it means. I was wondering the origin. :grin:I don't hear people say that in N.Y.

nappystorm

I know what it means. I was wondering the origin. :grin:I don't hear people say that in N.Y.
I don't know the orgin but I HAVE heard it from people of various geographic backgrounds(including native New Yorkers). I just figured I would ignore your thinly veiled attempt to throw shade by asking if it's a "southern thing":look:

My apologies in advance if that wasn't the case.

EllePixie

That little girl is really cute, and her hair looks damaged - that's sad. Furthermore, the coconut cream relaxer isn't really a "relaxer "- it's really just a moisturizing treatment, and curls are less frizzy and easier to straighten when they are moisturized. Similar to DC'ing your hair with steam before flat ironing.

I don't have a problem using heat on a child's hair if used properly - I wish the video had shown the actual technique rather than just the results so I could see what she was actually doing.

song_of_serenity

I don't know the orgin but I HAVE heard it from people of various geographic backgrounds(including native New Yorkers). I just figured I would ignore your thinly veiled attempt to throw shade by asking if it's a "southern thing":look:

Are you serious? Throwing shade because I asked if it was southern that's a thinly veiled attempt to throw shade? Are there no idioms localized to the south?Why on earth would you even take it there? It was a simple question.

I don't get some people and their jumping to conclusions and making something of nothing where there is absolutely none. I'm not American for that matter so weather I asked if was southern, or even if I asked if it was northern is a simple question and nothing beyond that to me in that respect.

It's better to ask the person's intent than making assumptions and then throwing a "oh, if you didn't mean that, sorry" after the fact.:rolleyes:

nappystorm

Are you serious? Throwing shade because I asked if it was southern that's a thinly veiled attempt to throw shade? Are there no idioms localized to the south?Why on earth would you even take it there? It was a simple question.

I don't get some people and their jumping to conclusions and making something of nothing where there is absolutely none. I'm not American for that matter so weather I asked if was southern, or even if I asked if it was northern is a simple question and nothing beyond that to me in that respect.

It's better to ask the person's intent than making assumptions and then throwing a "oh, if you didn't mean that, sorry" after the fact.:rolleyes:
@The first bolded. I just called it how **I** saw it. You didn't mean it that way so I apologize from wrongfully accusing you. You had one thing in mind when you wrote it, I had another in mind when I read it. It was a misunderstanding. Tis all. Relax.

@ The second. I'm grown, I can do what I want:look:. Thanks. Besides, I'm sure had I'd asked your intent in advance, I would have gotten the same response.
Have a good evening.