ugggggggggggggh.... This child's mother thinks she has 4c hair....

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Her hair turned out nice. I don't see the problem. At least she didn't relax it. As a child, my mom would hot comb my hair every week. This is a common practice in my old community. I don't know what people do now because I don't have children.

Last edited:

song_of_serenity

Why do people think "At least she didn't relax it" means that it's ok? A lot of heat on a young child's head may not be a relaxer but it can be damaging all the same. Yes, it "looks nice" but what of the long term effects?

Poor child looks super uncomfortable. :(

Mrs. Verde

Her hair turned out nice. I don't see the problem. At least she didn't relax it. As a child, my mom would hot comb my hair every week. This is a common practice in my old community. I don't know what people do now because I don't have children.

Heat can be just as damaging as chemicals. Dominican blow outs use a tremendous amount of heat. I think people are concerned because she may have damaged the child's hair. Yeah, it's her kid. But how many of us had a mommas screw up our hair??? Besides all that, the child just looks really unhappy.

pookaloo83

Ya'll keep saying the child looks uncomfortable. She just looks like a kid who doesn't want her hair combed. *shrug* DD looks exactly the same way when I put ponytails in. :lol:

Janet'

...I used to look unhappy when I got my hair combed, blow-dried, done period...That isn't the gauge that I use to base my opinion on this situation...I just know how I felt sitting in the Domincan's chair (that high head blow dryer really hurt me), so if mom is using that amount of heat on the baby...that may be a bit much!

song_of_serenity

Big difference to not wanting your hair combed and looking uncomfortably with a camera all up in your face knowing the process will be broadcast for all the world to see.

Janet'

^^^I work in middle school now...and some of those kids are 11; others 14...She looks like she could be in the 6th grade...I'm just not an advocate of scalp burning heat at any age...

song_of_serenity

Pretty much. Too much heat on anyone's head can be very detrimental, young or old.

Is the saying "grade of hair" a southern thing?? And is that the same type of "temporary relaxer" (like yogurt) recipe I've seen here?

Last edited:

AHeadOfCoils

:blush:

#TikiTubeable
4 hours ago

Oh well, poor little black girl will grow up bald with a lacefront probably.

She's light skinned, she'll live.

They know they wrong for that one!!!!!!!!!!

lushcoils

What does 4c hair have to do with anything?

4c does not equal resistant to damage even though people think it's the "toughest" hair texture.

LisaLisa1908

What 40 looks like.
I don't know why people feel the need to tape these kinds of things, especially when the child looks so uncomfortable. Is it that deep?

I don't really have an opinion on Dominican blowouts since I've never had one, so I have no comment on that. I've been relaxed/texlaxed for many years, so *shrugs*. Everything ain't for everybody.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
She needs to step away from the heat for a while. The poor baby needs a deep conditioning treatment, stat! I'm sorry, it just does not look really healthy at all (and not because of the texture or the color).

Fab_Nikki

Agreed that her hair doesn't look healthy. It looks very thirsty.

The little girl looks like any pre-teen who would hate to be seen on YT in a video, filmed by your mother, with your hair all over your head, THEN in rollers. I would probably have the same look of boredom.

She's a cutie pie though :D

LuvlyRain3

That poor little girls ends are so damaged. My hair used to suffer the same kind of toruture by hands of my mother. Smh when will black women learn?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Long Hair Care Forum App

NaturallySweet73

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post, but I had to chime in. I know as a mother (I'm one) its hard to stay away from the heat or other straightening methods, but the long term effects of our decisions will definitly cause harm later! I've had to recover from my mom. From what i could see from the vid that childs hair is already damaged.

Last edited:

Poopiedo

The child looks sad, her hair looks dry as if she needs more moisture in her hair and internally, and it takes the mother too long to get to the point.

The girl is a cutie. I guess if I was in middle school and my mom put me on you tube I probably would have mean mugged the camera too.

lala

The Coconut oil treatment is a good idea, but not the Dominican Blowout. Not only is her hair damaged, but it's dirty. So she's not maintaining her hair in between treatments. If there's no such thing as 4C, then there's no 3C either right?

HappilyLiberal

What does 4c hair have to do with anything?

4c does not equal resistant to damage even though people think it's the "toughest" hair texture.

I think what bothered me more than her doing a DB on a child is the way she was talking about the child's natural texture.