Two Years Natural Update!!!

:grin::grin:Aw YEaH!:grin::grin:

I can't believe it's been 2 years since my BC already! Thanks LHCF and the wonderful ladies who psoted their hair journey experiences so people like me can glean allthe info necessary to gain great lengths!​

My BC January 2010

My First Year of all natural hair growth:​

TWO years Natural!!!​

and I had to add some colors like I usually do. I added Hot Pink, Blue, and Purple rinses to my previously color treated ends.​

My VLOG about my NAppiversary!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMjtto3FW-U

Last edited:

aishasoleil

Congrats on 2 years!!!! Your hair is so pretty and I'm loving the new color!

I can truly relate to what you said about not comparing yourself (hair length) to others. I have been natural for 2yrs and 4 months and I've been a bit down about my length. I'm not quite apl and it can be discouraging to see women who have been on their journey for the same amount of time but have waaaaaay longer hair.
Granted, I did cut off about 3-5 inches back in August but still! I was hoping to be apl + by now. Lol!

Anywho, like you said, everyone's journey is going to be different. So thanks for that!

@aishasoleil

I did that. I beat myself up about where I should be for about the first year. I transistioned, then did my own botched bc job. I tried to shape a fro with some Wal-Mart Wahls, ya'll. I'm sure I cut off all my growth in my panic, lol. My husband was like ಠ_ಠ  

aishasoleil

Msmchy

LOL! See, that's what I was trying to do. I wanted my hair to have a more rounded shape. So I stood in the bathroom and started cutting. On wet hair. Lol. Wet. Hair. I was thinking I was only cutting an inch or two to give it shape. Ended up cutting more than I meant to. SMH.

mEmYSELFaNDj

Congrats on 2 years natural. Your hair looks beautiful I love the colors. And I like your YT channel you just got a new sunburned :)

yuhlovevybz

Girl those colors...if I could I would *sigh* That's such a beautiful mix of colors you used though. Do you do it yourself?

wow what rinses do you use that get such vibrant color on your dark hair?

This time I used an off brand that I picked up at the Bss. Avatar Funky Fruit Haircolor. Anything that says it smells like food, I'm all over it, lol. I prefer Manic Panic though. More punch.

Girl those colors...if I could I would *sigh* That's such a beautiful mix of colors you used though. Do you do it yourself?

You know I be scurred of the salon:lachen:.