Two Thumbs Up & waving my BIG TOES!!!

Ashee

Braids by Breslin is an awesome DVD Learners Guide to Micro Braids, Cornrows, Kinky Twists & Weaves!!
I bought the four in one & I am not regreting spending one penny. That's $100+ each time I save by doing my own Kinky Twists or $65 by doing my own Cornrows. She even state that you should not take clippers to the loose strands of hair unless told to do so by the client; she gives alternatives to cutting!!!!!:clap: :clap: (That always made me cringe:eek: )
Breslin is awesome... I can't state that enough. I am so greatful that she is teaching me to "fish" via DVD (give a man a fish he'll eat for the day, teach a man to fish he'll eat forever - something like that).... Well I'm hungry & ready to Munch!!:lick:
I can't wait to watch the Cornrow Compilation DVD & get down to business!!!
:thumbsup:
:bouncy: :bouncy:

Last edited:
[size=+1]OK....where did you get it and how much did it cost? You know you just can't rave about something and not share.[/size]:weird:

My bad:spank:, I got it on Wed. of last week and I made the time to watch tonight!! I paid $86 (I believe & I ordered it the week before; all in less than 6 days from order date to arrival date!) for the Four-In-One & Cornrow Compilation DVDs together plush S&H! I figured that's cheaper than $100 plus tip every two months... (money can be put else where more useful!)

What else??
:look:

Ashee, could you braid or anything before? Are you planning on doing your hair and others?

carrie said:
Ashee, could you braid or anything before? Are you planning on doing your hair and others?

I was just about to ask the same question. I really want to learn how to braid this summer so I can do my own hair as well as others (I'm a college student trying to make me some money :) !!! I was leaning towards the Crown and Glory video but this seems better.

pearlygurl said:
I was just about to ask the same question. I really want to learn how to braid this summer so I can do my own hair as well as others (I'm a college student trying to make me some money :) !!! I was leaning towards the Crown and Glory video but this seems better.

Just getting ready to ask that too. I can't braid (to the scalp) to save my life, but I do know to loose braid. I will be ordering this by next month sometime.

carrie said:
No, I could not properly braid my hair to walk the streets & definitely not with extentions....
This DVD is really good in the she tells you the steps over and over!!! She had me feeling real confident!!:grin: :lol:
When she was doing the kinky twists, I was saying to myself "Hey, I can do that".... (We'll see) :lol:

Last edited:
I was trying to get a clip of the actual DVD to show, but check out the site, she has a clip on there...
She seperates the hair, when doing cornrows, so that you see EXACTLY what she's doing...
Really good!!:thumbsup:
I'm going to practice with the twists in my hair. I'm going to do the cornrows, twists, & braids on what I have.... Just to get a feel of the finger positioning:look:
Sounds crazy but I think the more comfortable I get the better it will be for me when I actually get down to business....

OK, I am ordering this. I am not as ambitious as Ashee, I just wanna be able to put a braid back on if it slips off!

Ashee said:
Braids by Breslin is an awesome DVD Learners Guide to Micro Braids, Cornrows, Kinky Twists & Weaves!!
I bought the four in one & I am not regreting spending one penny. That's $100+ each time I save by doing my own Kinky Twists or $65 by doing my own Cornrows. She even state that you should not take clippers to the loose strands of hair unless told to do so by the client; she gives alternatives to cutting!!!!!:clap: :clap: (That always made me cringe:eek: )
Breslin is awesome... I can't state that enough. I am so greatful that she is teaching me to "fish" via DVD (give a man a fish he'll eat for the day, teach a man to fish he'll eat forever - something like that).... Well I'm hungry & ready to Munch!!:lick:
I can't wait to watch the Cornrow Compilation DVD & get down to business!!!
:thumbsup:
:bouncy: :bouncy:

Hi Ashee,

What does she say to do with the loose strands of hair? I clipped some of mine the last time and I don't want to keep giving myself a trim every time I braid my hair.

xippy

xippy said:
Hi Ashee,

What does she say to do with the loose strands of hair? I clipped some of mine the last time and I don't want to keep giving myself a trim every time I braid my hair.

xippy
She uses hair wax/gel to smooth down the loose hairs, wraps them with strips of paper used in salons, & puts the client under the hooded dryer for a little bit. (All of this after dipping the braided style in steaming hot water to create the curly ends)!!
After taking the client from under the dryer & undoing the paper wrap, the style looked really good!

Ashee said:
She uses hair wax/gel to smooth down the loose hairs, wraps them with strips of paper used in salons, & puts the client under the hooded dryer for a little bit. (All of this after dipping the braided style in steaming hot water to create the curly ends)!!
After taking the client from under the dryer & undoing the paper wrap, the style looked really good!

Damn! I may have to buy this DVD. I'm building a collection of 'how to braid' videos. If I get this, it will be my fourth. Well, if I lose my job, this will be my next profession. I may as well get a mannequin head as well. Oh wait! Yesterday was my b-day and I still a present coming. I think this DVD is it!

Thanks for the information, Ashee.

Last edited:
xippy said:
Damn! I may have to buy this DVD. I'm building a collection of 'how to braid' videos. If I get this, it will be my fourth. Well, if I lose my job, this will be my next profession. I may as well get a mannequin head as well.

Thanks for the information, Ashee.
I'll be in a shop down the block from you!!:lol:

Welp I have a one micro braids DVD by breslin and I'd like to trade it for "hair ladies, how to do braids video". Does anybody have that?

I've got the Four in One video and I like it. I haven't put it to use yet though. My mom and I are going to practice on each other.

Netta1 said:
Welp I have a one micro braids DVD by breslin and I'd like to trade it for "hair ladies, how to do braids video". Does anybody have that?
May I ask why are you trading you DVD? :look:

CandiceC said:
I've got the Four in One video and I like it. I haven't put it to use yet though. My mom and I are going to practice on each other.

First, congrats on the wedding!!

Does the Four In One Video give enough demonstration of each technique to be useful or is it more like an over view? My braiding needs major help but I haven't seen any I'm impressed with enough to buy yet.

I've got my manequin head already in place, just need a technique.

TIA Mrs. CW!

LaNecia

LaNecia said:
First, congrats on the wedding!!

Does the Four In One Video give enough demonstration of each technique to be useful or is it more like an over view? My braiding needs major help but I haven't seen any I'm impressed with enough to buy yet.

I've got my manequin head already in place, just need a technique.

TIA Mrs. CW!

LaNecia

Thanks! :kiss:

She did quite a few braids of each style on the video. She even shows you how to make the parts and where to section off each braid in relation to the other braids. My mom and I were actually just trying to do a quick review of each style after I got it and we were thinking she needs to hurry up!. That's how detailed she was in showing each braid style. It'll come in handy when we're actually trying to do the braids. You get a 45 minute lesson on each style and you can see what she's doing from different angles. I think you'll be pleased with it. :up:

Natrlchallenge said:
This is really cool. Does the dvd teach u how to braid yr own hair or is it using extensions? :confused:

It shows you how to use extensions. I'm not sure if you could use it for braiding your own hair. I guess you could for the cornrow one.

Thank you CandiW for the response, I'll keep this in mind, I just got Robin Wood's video today so I'm going to give that a run through this weekend and see how I like it. I'm really interested in doing my own hair to save some money $200+ a pop.

Natrlchallenge said:
This is really cool. Does the dvd teach u how to braid yr own hair or is it using extensions? :confused:
With the micro & kinky twists she showed you how to add the extentions...
With the cornrows she showed with extentions as well but you get the drift of how to do your own hair because you can follow her finger positions and she labels ea. strand of hair "1, 2, 3".... It will help you braid your own hair...
Also I have the cornrow compilation DVD, That one shows you how to do the No-Knots (adding hair along the way), Regular Cornrow with Extentions, & Regular Cornrows w/o Extentions!!!

Thanks for your quick answers guys! I am so psyched about the possibility of going natural. I saw a great post by bubblin...sry 4 killing the name...but I wanted to get a good vid to practice on my mannequin head. Has anyone peeped the hair lady's vid and is it easy to understand. I am clueless about styling natural hair, but I am DETERMINED to learn and not give up! Any ladies w/ a tip on being able to braid close to the scalp?...so many questions... :Blush2: :lol:

Back