two strand twist

TexturedTresses

I want to do two strand twist on my little cousin. She is 4A. I was thinking of washing her, dcing and then doing about 10 or 8 two strand twists. I was going to use hairveda's whipped cream to do it. Is there another product I should use. Perhaps something with hold? Please share your routine. Also, would it be better to do single twists and how many should I do?

TrustMeLove

You can use ORS Lock and Twist Gel. It doesn't flake, my hair is still soft, but it does give it a slight hold and a defined twist out.

When I went natural this was a staple in everyones (eta: Alot of Peoples) Fotki and it is great.

The first three ingredients are water, coconut milk, and soy bean oil.

Last edited:

Lucky's Mom

You can use ORS Lock and Twist Gel. It doesn't flake, my hair is still soft, but it does give it a slight hold and a defined twist out.

When I went natural this was a staple in everyones Fotki and it is great.

The first three ingredients are water, coconut milk, and soy bean oil.

Um.... not a staple for me at all....

no disrespect Trustmelove!!!:kiss:

I have couple of recipes I have tried.....

One member here has a good recipe - and moisture stays in the twists....
I will look for it........

laurend

Nothing esp. for me, just good old hair grease. If she has 4a hair, it doesn't take much to hold it together.

Lucky's Mom

FOUND IT!!!

this is Honeycomb's recipe!!
Ingredients: 1oz jojoba oil, 1oz glycerin, 4oz aloe vera gel. I also added 1 tbsp of honey, 1 tbsp of coconut oil.

TexturedTresses

FOUND IT!!!

this is Honeycomb's recipe!!
Ingredients: 1oz jojoba oil, 1oz glycerin, 4oz aloe vera gel. I also added 1 tbsp of honey, 1 tbsp of coconut oil.

ooooooo... i have all of these ingredients. thakns. have you tried this? also, should i do single twists or two strand twists.

TrustMeLove

I think you should do two strand twist. And wet or dry depends on how much shrinkage you want to have.

Twisting on damp hair will result in shrinkage. But if you blow the hair out, semi blow out with like Pinkskates tension method you will get elongated twist.

I think you should do it on damp hair so that you can get the texture that is missing at least in my hair when I stretch my hair.

I actually don't need anything to twist my hair. I've just use my leave in conditioner and sprays and twist. My hair holds fine, but if I plan to wear a twist out I use different products. Like my ORS Lock and Twist Gel or Fantasia IC gel in conjuction with my regular leave in conditioner and oil. It gives ME better defined twist outs, which I rarely wear.

Last edited:

TexturedTresses

I think you should do two strand twist. And wet or dry depends on how much shrinkage you want to have.

Twisting on damp hair will result in shrinkage. But if you blow the hair out, semi blow out with like Pinkskates tension method you will get elongated twist.

I think you should do it on damp hair so that you can get the texture that is missing at least in my hair when I stretch my hair.

I actually don't need anything to twist my hair. I've just use my leave in conditioner and sprays and twist. My hair holds fine, but if I plan to wear a twist out I use different products. Like my ORS Lock and Twist Gel or Fantasia IC gel in conjuction with my regular leave in conditioner and oil. It gives ME better defined twist outs, which I rarely wear.

i definitely want her to wear a twist out. i just remembered i have the hairveda moisturizing jelly. could i use that.

TrustMeLove

does the ors twist and lock have mineral oil? i'm trying to avoid those kind of ingredients in her hair.

No it doesn't. BUT..you don't need this (ors lock and twist gel) it seems like you have EXCELLENT products to create some excellent twist and reap the benefits of a very defined twist out.

My only advice in doing her twist something I was just reminded of yesterday is make sure you detangle well and pull product all the way until the ends. I took down one of my flat twist and everything was perfecto until you got to my ends which were not defined at all...all my fault because I was trying something new...trying not to mess with my ends too much in styling.

mj11051

Got flax seeds? If so make a gel with those and add jojoba oil to it. When I did the lil girl upstairs hair. I wash, conditioned used a leave and some hair butter I made, then used the flax seed gel for hold. Turned out beautiful and she had a well defined twist out.

To make gel. Use 2 tablespoons of flax seeds and cup of water, simmer on low heat then strain let cool and add jojoba oil.

TexturedTresses

Got flax seeds? If so make a gel with those and add jojoba oil to it. When I did the lil girl upstairs hair. I wash, conditioned used a leave and some hair butter I made, then used the flax seed gel for hold. Turned out beautiful and she had a well defined twist out.

To make gel. Use 2 tablespoons of flax seeds and cup of water, simmer on low heat then strain let cool and add jojoba oil.

thanks that is a really good tip, how does this smell?

TexturedTresses

No it doesn't. BUT..you don't need this (ors lock and twist gel) it seems like you have EXCELLENT products to create some excellent twist and reap the benefits of a very defined twist out.

My only advice in doing her twist something I was just reminded of yesterday is make sure you detangle well and pull product all the way until the ends. I took down one of my flat twist and everything was perfecto until you got to my ends which were not defined at all...all my fault because I was trying something new...trying not to mess with my ends too much in styling.

just i use the moisturizing jelly or the whipped cream?

TrustMeLove

just i use the moisturizing jelly or the whipped cream?

SJ or someone else might know about these products more intimately.

But, from reading the ingredients on the hairveda website you could actually use both. It seems like whip cream is a moisturizing leave in and moisturizing jelly will give that hold we spoke about, but not dry the hair out or cause flakes. I would definitely use the jelly and some time of moisturizing leave in be it spray or cream.

Lucky's Mom

Totally Agree with this....

Lucky's Mom

But, from reading the ingredients on the hairveda website you could actually use both. It seems like whip cream is a moisturizing leave in and moisturizing jelly will give that hold we spoke about, but not dry the hair out or cause flakes. I would definitely use the jelly and some time of moisturizing leave in be it spray or cream.

I don't use any Hairveda products... I have some old baggie cream from a couple of years ago.....

Anyhoo..... I would not know anything about Hairveda... I just thought you might not have any item to twist with....

good luck! I am sure it will come out great!

TexturedTresses

i think i'm going to do this

Sugarhoneyicetea

Great advice! What is the Pinkskates tension method?

TexturedTresses

its when you pull the hair taut and blow the dryer along the hair. this way you don't have to use a comb attachment and you get the hair stretched out with minimal manipulation.