Two strand twist on relaxed ends?

lucea

Hi Ladies,

I am four months post relaxer and transitioning. I am getting a bit tired of redoing my hair each night, and would like to do big two strand twists, and keep them in for a week or two. I can't get twists to hold on my relaxed ends though, and am wondering if there is anything (besides beads) that I can put on them to get them to stay.

Anyone have any ideas? TIA!

Hi Ladies,

I am four months post relaxer and transitioning. I am getting a bit tired of redoing my hair each night, and would like to do big two strand twists, and keep them in for a week or two. I can't get twists to hold on my relaxed ends though, and am wondering if there is anything (besides beads) that I can put on them to get them to stay.

Anyone have any ideas? TIA!

I think the only way you're going to get them to stay twirled is if you apply a little product (nondryer gel/conditioner/shea butter, etc.) at the end of your hair and curl them with foam/magnetic rollers. Other than that , you could try a braid out (three strands of hair) and curl the end then, too.

Thanks! I think I will try the rollers/coating them with shea butter.

I do wonder if there is something I can put on the ends - like people do with braids...

Ditto... I did a twistout last night and i used redken butter treat - a leave in - and some oil - wgo, vatika, neem, and castor mixed in a bottle. my ends are kind of straight too from transitioning and texlaxing.

Don't ask me where this technique came from because I read so much on here and watch videos on youtube. On wet hair I twist with aloe vera gelly and on dry hair with a butter or pomade. I roll the ends then sit under the dryer for 1 hour. Works every time. Mine would set & stay without the heat but I know it helps. I'm texlaxed and I am nearly 6 months post.

Thanks, ladies. I will try this and go under my soft bonnet dryer. Hopefully, I can stretch it for a week or two!

Back