unraveling ends with two strand twists?

mspretty

I want to put two-strand twists in my hair, but every time i have attempted to twist my hair the ends just unravel. Is there anything, aside from putting rubber bands on my ends, that i can do to keep the ends from unraveling? i don't think they will look good with rubber bands on the ends.

Sascha

Stay at home Mommy
The only think I can think of to keep them from unraveling is to curl the very ends of the twists with perm rods. This has helped me because I still have relaxed ends. Hope this helps

mspretty

well i don't have relaxed hair, my hair is naturally curly. it's just that my hair is so soft it doesn't stay twisted, it wants to just come undone. thanks though, i have never used perm rods, i don't know if they would work on my type of hair, but i can try it though! thanks for the idea.

Shatani

try putting a mixture of pommade and moisturizer on the ends and then curling tight with perm rods...that always works for me...and then people think you have extentions!!!

i use the small perm rods, the really skinny ones...that way its a tight curl...
HTH!
~T~

Kha

Are you using any product on your hair when your twisting? Are you doing them on wet or dry hair?

mspretty

i guess there is something to these perm rods then.
KhaLesSta-yes i used some hot six oil on them when i twisted them with dry hair. the oil is probably making it worse now that i think of it.

Kha

Yes, that oil is very light. Is you hair is real soft, then you may need to use something wetter and heavier to help hold the ends. Something such as a creme based moisturizer or a little gel (aloe vera).

lsubabiedee

my twists unravel a lot too and i just started using ORS loc and twist gel stuff and i hope that they hold up well...

but i say, try the perm rods...

AFashionSlave

Here are a couple of things you can try.

You can try holding the twist with one hand, wetting your other hand, and twirl the ends tightly between your wet fingers. The ends should curl around each other and keep your twists together. Sometimes I have to do this two or three times on those stubborn twists that won't stay together.

I know that this may sound a little nuts, but you may want to try using a tiny bit of honey on your ends. The last time I did my tiny twists I used a teeny- tiny bit of honey on my ends. It only takes a little bit. When I say it only takes a little bit - I mean a little bit. After I use the honey I then apply a leave in conditioner over my twists. My ends stay together and they do not feel sticky.

Tiny perm rods are also a good idea.

It takes a little trial and error to find out what will work for you but you will figure it out.

deedabug

[ QUOTE ]
AFashionSlave said:
Here are a couple of things you can try.

You can try holding the twist with one hand, wetting your other hand, and twirl the ends tightly between your wet fingers. The ends should curl around each other and keep your twists together. Sometimes I have to do this two or three times on those stubborn twists that won't stay together.

I know that this may sound a little nuts, but you may want to try using a tiny bit of honey on your ends. The last time I did my tiny twists I used a teeny- tiny bit of honey on my ends. It only takes a little bit. When I say it only takes a little bit - I mean a little bit. After I use the honey I then apply a leave in conditioner over my twists. My ends stay together and they do not feel sticky.

Tiny perm rods are also a good idea.

It takes a little trial and error to find out what will work for you but you will figure it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto!!