Trimming/Cutting hair according to the Moon

WhipEffectz1

My grandmother always told me that if you pull a tooth a certain time of the month, you won't bleed and if you cut your hair a certain time of the month it will grow. So I found something on the internet for me to go by. So do you all think this has some truth to this?

Cutting Your Hair By The Full Moon

It has long been known that the Earth is affected by the position of it's Moon and the Sun. Our daily tides are read by where the Moon is positioned in the sky in relation to the Earth. The four seasons occur because Earth's axis is tilted with respect to it's orbit of the Sun.

The Farmer's Almanac, first printed by Robert B. Tomas in 1792, is used as a reference today by millions on when to plant, prune, and harvest plants according to the skies. He believed in a cause and effect pattern to all phenomena.

Astrology and astronomy are two different calculations. Astrology is a tool to time events according to the astrological placement of two luminaries (the Sun and the Moon) and eight planets of the 12 signs of the Zodiac. Astronomy, on the other hand, is the charting of the actual placement of the known planets, taking into account the precession of the equinoxes.

Astrologers believe that a person's personality is formed by where the planets are aligned at the time of birth. The influence of these planets also determine good times to sign contracts, start a new relationship, etc.

Astrologer Susan Larsen, explains when to cut your hair for maximum benefits:

"If you choose to grow your hair long, cut hair during the first phase of the moon when the light is increasing. To further enhance the growth of your hair, cut it when the moon is in Cancer, Taurus, Scorpio, Capricorn, or Pisces. To increase thickness, cut during these times but also during the Leo moon. If you hate cutting your hair every 4-6 weeks, then choose the second phase of the moon when it is decreasing in light. Cutting when the moon is in a fire or air sign like Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, and Aquarius, also prevents excessive growth."

Is it a coincidence that a woman's monthly cycle is 28 to 31 days? Most likely not. Every living thing is connected to Mother Earth and the Universe.

Is it a coincidence that a woman's monthly cycle is 28 to 31 days? Most likely not. Every living thing is connected to Mother Earth and the Universe.

Valerie

When I trimmed, but unfortunately, the moon was still in Aquarius, it would be in Pisces at 12.55 EST, as we in the UK are 5 or 6 hours ahead of the USA. I had to be a very tiny trim around 10.00 p.m. so that the moon was already in Pisces (1st Phases). Hopefully, I will get a lot of growth, I have trimmed already around the new moon and I have been pleased with the results,the only problem is that I did not keep up the trimming part.

Britt

Valerie said:
When I trimmed, but unfortunately, the moon was still in Aquarius, it would be in Pisces at 12.55 EST, as we in the UK are 5 or 6 hours ahead of the USA. I had to be a very tiny trim around 10.00 p.m. so that the moon was already in Pisces (1st Phases). Hopefully, I will get a lot of growth, I have trimmed already around the new moon and I have been pleased with the results,the only problem is that I did not keep up the trimming part.

Has anyone has success with this?
I am a skeptic and this sounds a little like fluff to me, but I would love to know if anyone has trimmed thier hair according to a particular month. Heck, im I was planning on trimming my hair in Jan. anyway. Since the moon is in Capricorn I wonder will my hair grow faster?

SherryLove

Valerie said:

i usually dust my ends during the new moon phase, but i have never measured or assessed the results..

foxybronx

I do it... My friends swear by it. If i am going to trim anyway i always schedule it on a New Moon or Full Moon. So i don't have anything to lose if it doesn't work. To be honest i haven't paid any attention to see if my hair grows any faster.

webby

Think Slim
My mother used to swear by the new/full moon method. She would only trim my hair at certain times and this was the routine for YEARS.

I honestly didn't see a difference. My hair grows just as full and just as much regardless to when I get it trimmed, cut or dusted.

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
Okay..so I BC'd on Nov. 8th or 9th.. that means it was in Scorpio right? So according to this..that would be a good thing for growth right??

Also, what or who the heck is Mother Earth?

pookeylou

I personally dont, but I was under the impression that DelightfulFlame may have done this. I could be wrong, but you could PM her to find out.

msmerc

Sounds interesting. I usually trim my ends or dust after touchups anyway. I will just coincide them with those dates to trim. It won't hurt anything.

DelightfulFlame

pookeylou said:
I personally dont, but I was under the impression that DelightfulFlame may have done this. I could be wrong, but you could PM her to find out.

I did for a little while, but I would chop so much of my hair off that it was hard to really see any progress...other than that my hair would grow back pretty fast...only for me to chop it back off again...LOL.

I do plan to do it again. I use this schedule though...ain't got time to be figuring out old moons, new moons, new phases, and all of that.

http://www.morroccomethod.com/lunarchart.html

DelightfulFlame

KAddy said:
hmmm... today is Dec 27th which appears to be a good day to cut the hair to beautify it.

Yep...I plan to dust my ends today, and follow all of the red/bold dates from now on. (dusting monthly or every other month as needed).

KAddy

DelightfulFlame said:
Yep...I plan to dust my ends today, and follow all of the red/bold dates from now on. (dusting monthly or every other month as needed).
Yeah I was going to try to do that too. I was only paying attention to the bolded red dates as well and since I am going to shampoo my hair tonight, I figured I might as well give myself a little trim.

KAddy

BUMP BUMP BUMP

Hey ladies today is a good day to trim for rootwork. I didn't realize it was yesterday and today (dates in red). So those of you on the monn phases trimming schedule, get to it.

KAddy

SouthernGirl said:
Hey Kaddy,

What's rootwork?

I think it has to do with trimming today and it will assist with your hair at the roots. Like sometimes it states beautify, or lengthen. I am thinking that it will be beneficial to the roots (how I don't know). Maybe promote healthier growth from the roots :confused:

Tracy

Rootwork will most likely help with shedding, as well as generally create a good environment in the scalp for growth.

I trim with the moon most of the time. I do find that when I don't remember to do it, my hair seems to me to take a much longer time to reach the point where it was when I cut and move on. I end up retaining more length between trims with the moon, than I do between trims where I forget to check the moon phase. It could be coincidental, but I do it because I like the idea. And I think it does make a difference! :)

confused_one

My mother use to say the same thing about the moon, that if you cut your hair on a full moon your hair grows thick and a new moon means your hair will grow and so fort. Last week i google for hair myths so i can give to a friend and they had the moon method as one of them, so i don't know if it work or not. When i was growing up i never really paid attention to my hair so i don't know if the moon had any effect on it.

tlmack

Does anyone think or has anyone been taught at church that astrology is anti-Christ like? If that's true, then I wouldn't be willing to follow this as a schedule. Besides, I like the no to minimal trim method that allows you to actually attain your growth.

Tracy

tlmack said:
Does anyone think or has anyone been taught at church that astrology is anti-Christ like? If that's true, then I wouldn't be willing to follow this as a schedule. Besides, I like the no to minimal trim method that allows you to actually attain your growth.

I am almost certain that's it's not in keeping with Christian values in any way, shape, or form... :)

As for the frequency, I only use the schedule when I'm already planning a trim. In other words, you don't have to trim on EVERY date listed. The idea is that when you ARE going to trim, if you check the moon cycle, you should elect to trim on a date that will give the desired results you seek (length, thickness... whatever). So if you only trim 2 or 3 times a year (I do) and let's say you do it in January, May and September for example, you would check the cycles for THOSE months, and trim accordingly. That's how *I* learned it anyway. :)

Last edited:

Isis

tlmack said:
I am not an astrologer but I do believe there is a lot to this science we in modern times in the U.S. have yet to learn. The Vatican, for example, has the largest astrological library in the world. The Vatican Observatory is one of the oldest astronomical research institutions in the world and it's located in Italy and Arizona. What are they looking for?

The Moon's 28-day cycle governs the female cycle. There is nothing Antichrist about this schedule. The Moon also controls water on this planet, including the tides of the oceans and effects every human being since we too are made mostly of water.

I am not yet trimming my hair but I do find this concept intriguing.

Tracy

I agree with Isis, but I suspect if you told your pastor you were trimming with the moon cycles, he/she wouldn't be insisting that you make copies of the schedule and hand it out to the congregation .... :lol:

Isis

Tracy said:
I agree with Isis, but I suspect if you told your pastor you were trimming with the moon cycles, he/she wouldn't be insisting that you make copies of the schedule and hand it out to the congregation .... :lol:
:rofl: @this scene!:lol:

Puddles

On Cloud 9
Isis said:
I am not an astrologer but I do believe there is a lot to this science we in modern times in the U.S. have yet to learn. The Vatican, for example, has the largest astrological library in the world. The Vatican Observatory is one of the oldest astronomical research institutions in the world and it's located in Italy and Arizona. What are they looking for?

The Moon's 28-day cycle governs the female cycle. There is nothing Antichrist about this schedule. The Moon also controls water on this planet, including the tides of the oceans and effects every human being since we too are made mostly of water.

I am not yet trimming my hair but I do find this concept intriguing.

I agree Isis.

My mom said they did this as a child. I do it now and then...when I can remember.