'Cut by the moon' challenge

RainbowCurls

What does it involve?
Whenever you cut, trim or dust your hair, you have to do it according to when it is supposedly a good moon phase to do so.

How do I know when to cut?
[thread=66255]Lucia's post on moon phases for trims and cuts[/thread] - includes link to moon phase tables (remember, the times are in Universal Time (GMT), so adjust for where abouts in the world you are)
Morrocco Method
LHL moon phase chart

I wan't to join, what should I do?
1) Post below and answer the questions ;)
2) Report back with your results.

--Questions--

How often will you be trimming?

Which chart(s) will you be following? During which moon phase will you cut?

What is your main goal? (Length/thickness etc.)

----

Me:

Once a month (well, moon cycle) I will do a S&D (search and destroy) for splits and dots. If there are any, I'll cut them, if not, I won't.

I will be cutting when either chart's days for 'length' or 'growth' correspond with being between the new moon and first quarter.

What is your main goal? Length

Last edited:

KiniKakes

Great challenge! Im in!!!! :grin:

How often will you be trimming? I will trim at the salon every 6 months (beginning in January) and will "S&D" on my own at home, for maintenance.

Which chart(s) will you be following? During which moon phase will you cut? Anthony Morocco's chart, as soon as he updates it for 2007. I will trim according to either the Length or Thickness schedule

What is your main goal? (Length/thickness etc.) Length AND thickness

Soul♥Flower

--Questions--

dust every 1-3 mnths, trim every 6mnths(if necessary)

Which chart(s) will you be following? During which moon phase will you cut? Not sure yet....have to do some more research

What is your main goal? (Length/thickness etc.)
Length,thickness,strength

----

Last edited:

JustKiya

How often will you be trimming? I'll most likely trim about every three months - just a wee dusting to help move along my dyed ends.

Which chart(s) will you be following? During which moon phase will you cut? The Morocco chart, assuming it get's updated it for 2007. Though - the LHL chart has MANY more dates on it......

What is your main goal? (Length/thickness etc.) Mainly length, some thickness (because I still don't think my hair is thick enough)

OneInAMillion

I like this challenge...I've been cutting by the moon phases since May.

Every 4 months or so I will be dusting in '07. I like nice ends, so longer than that doesn't work out for me.

I wasn't following any of those charts, unless one agrees with the actual new moon.

I think it's pretty consistent that if you want to cut for length, you cut during the new moon phase. I think the Morocco chart is the closest to what I've been doing.

What is your main goal? Length & Overall health (beautifying as Morocco calls it!). I'm gonna do a trim today.

Soul♥Flower

I'm going to trim my hair on december 20th. I'm not quite sure how I can measure if this moon hair cut thing works though. Guess I'll post beginning and end of the month pics.

mightycute912

I'm in. I will be dusting every month. I will trim every 3 months or so, mainly when needed. I am looking into the chart that is easiest for me to understand and convert time zones, etc. I am looking for length (ultimate tailbone length), thickness (maintain what I have and get thicker with more length), and strength (less susceptible to breakage).

Lucia

Great challenge, since I've been doing this for a while now I guess I'm unofficially on this already :lol:
here's the link the the lunar calandar. it just give the moon phases and nothing else. also these links are in my regime if you click my siggyfairy, and in myjournal. Remember for thickness trim/cutr on the day of the full moon, for length when the moon is growing from thin to thick/full. hth

http://www.lunarrepublic.com/info/phases.shtml

http://www.freewebs.com/luciaj/

Last edited:

Lucia

Just to clarify those jusing the lunnar calandar and on the hide hair until xmas challenge if you want growth cut from 12.20.2006 14:01hrs-12.27.2006 14:48 hrs if you want thickness trimm on 1.3.2006 13:58 hrs.

RainbowCurls

How's everyone doing with this?

My trimming is pretty erratic. Curly hair hides the flaws (splits/uneveness etc.) so why bother getting rid of them, (with my hair anyway....)
I gave up S&D as if I carried on, I'd have no hair left. My last trim (November) was done on a 'good' moon day though.

My growth rate has been about the same. Has seemed a bit faster lately, but I can attribute that to eating a lot of eggs since discovering boiled eggs are yummy.

I still won't cut my hair when it's not the right moon phase though :confused:

Lucia

I've stuck by this schedule since I found out about it, I'm going to keep on following this.