TL 2011 ON AND CRAKIN

Raine054
Congratz can't wait to see full TL
Now for the XXL flexis youhave to email them and make a special order. Choose styles from the smaller existing flexis. If you have more questions ask the flexi expert jupitermoon
Keep growing that hair

Last edited:
I DC'd w AO GPB then followed up w AO HSR I loved it so did my hair it's so soft and moisturized I had AO I my earlier regimen as my staples but I wanted to spend less on products well I hardly used any cause its sooo thick and moisturizing and my hair absorbed it.

Then I used the HSR as a leave in with my EVOO/SFO mix and my hair came out great I hardly needed gel for my edges. So it's back as main staple move over suave.
:love: Aubrey Organics

Last edited:
Hi ladies, I finally relaxed after a 5 month stretch and am happy to report that I am cracking!!!! I'm am definitely past grazing and will use the last 6 months of the year to work on my ends. I plan to trim 2 inches at the end of the year as well and continue on to the next milestone. My ends aren't in the best shape but I do S&Ds and really am starting to believe in lead hairs.

I relaxed with Vitale Sensitive Scalp Olive Oil relaxer and deep conditioned with KeraCare Intensive Restorative Masque.

DSC01063-Copy-1.jpg

Oh and would any of you ladies know how I could order an XXL Flexi 8. The XL just can't hold by buns anymore.:giggle:

Raine054 Nice pretty & thick...Love the rich color...

Happy Hair Growing!

Wow! I am loving the hair in ths thread! I doubt that I will reach TBL this year but I am still working towards it but am really tempted to get a relaxer & layered cut :look:

Wow! I am loving the hair in ths thread! I doubt that I will reach TBL this year but I am still working towards it but am really tempted to get a relaxer & layered cut :look:

I know it is tempting... layered cuts look good in the short term. All those who have gotten them usually end up regretting them in the long run and they are hard to grow out... me included. Seriously think about it....

I would just like to say I am so digging my Keracare products. I have my staples and couldn't be happier!

For the rest of the year, I do think I'm going to hold back on the rollersetting. I didn't realize it, but for someone who doesn't have even hair (if you are working on your lead hairs, or just have thin ends), rollersetting puts considerable stress on the ends because you're required to hold the hair taut before you roll. I don't want to put stress on the the most fragile parts of my hair so I'm going to be air drying for the rest of the year. I'm bonelaxed so I only need a satin scarf and good moisturizer to get my hair straight.

I finally got a decent braid-out. I CW my hair with AO HSR, then used that as a leave in, and braided with some shea butter. I let my hair air-dry in the evening and overnight in the AM I carefully unbraided with a tiny bit of EVOO. then I finger-styled fluffed and went. It was 100 degrees and very hmid out and it held up all day.

Attachments

• IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0444.jpg
    IMG_0444.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 91
Well I did some twists this weekend and for the first time in months since I cut did I think my hairs actually getting longer twists lay at apl while wet shrink to cbl when dry :ohwell: I will do a length check soon before my S&D trim to see where I'm at but I'm still not sure I want to flat iron I this heat just for a length check.

Last edited:
Get your girl game on

http://www.marriedmansexlife.com/2011/04/girl-game-have-long-hair.html
my comments are bolded

Girl Game: Have Long Hair
Long hair is a marker for physical good health, is a feminine appearance marker and the overwhelming majority of men are attracted to long hair. Most husbands react to their wives lopping all their hair into some sort of short pixie cut quite badly. Kinda the same way you would react if he suddenly announced he'd shortened his c*** to two inches long. You're not going to really say anything, just make that strangling sound in your throat and hope that it can eventually grow back.

And yes I know, long hair is more work to take care of. Yes I know washing baby puke out of your hair is disgusting. Yes I know having a toddler deciding to latch onto your hair and rappel down the back of the couch is annoying.

Men really like it though. Shoulder lenght is just fine, anything past your mid-back starts seeming to be a little long. No need to go Rapuzel on us.
[I totally disagree with that statement-grow it as long as you want]

Dozens of times in my life I've experienced having one of those mild background crush feelings for a woman, instantly disappear as soon as she cuts her hair very short. I mean seriously, real feelings of attraction just instantly gone. Monday I was into you with your pretty shoulder length hair; Tuesday morning arrived and you walked in with it trimmed away to not all that much, and I have no more attraction to you.

Of course all her friends and coworkers just love her new hair style! Of course they would, she just botched her appearance and if she falls off the top of the sexy ladder, everyone else gets to move up a place. So like OMG I just love it!

Some men even are more attracted to a particular hair color. I'm a blonde guy. One of the serious attraction points Jennifer had to me when I met her was her wonderful blonde hair. By "wonderful blonde hair" I mean badly-damaged-with-an-accidental-bleaching-incident when I met her, but wow I loved it. She's actually brunette, which to me is "meh whatever".

In the middle of last year she actually reverted back to her natural hair color by dying it back that way. She liked it, all her friends and coworkers just loved it, loved it, loved it. Me... "meh whatever". Jennifer with blonde hair is a solid 9 to me. Jennifer with whatever that crap her natural hair color was is a 7 or maybe 8 to me. I can't help myself feeling that change in emotion. I'm not going to divorce her for being brunette, I'm just going to be less into her.

I didn't make a stink or anything, I actually tried hard to not be bothered by it or complain about it. I don't think I said anything about it, but a few months back all the blonde highlighting mysteriously returned. The little boost of my attraction returned as well. Attraction is not controllable.

The other easy move with long hair is the classic girlish pony tail. Probably not something to wear to the office if you're out of the twenties and single cohort, [again who says a ponytail belongs to a certain age group so not true] but there's no reason why you can just sweep it up like that on the weekend once in a while. You can be 52 and rock a pony tail around the house on a Saturday morning. It's a strong "look I'm a girl" statement. Seriously, why not try it? Mess with him a bit, tease him a little and then just swish your pony tail into the distance with an over the shoulder look like you used to....

Last edited:
The guy who wrote that "article" is much more than a doofus... he's a buffoonish nincompoop. I bet he is much less attractive than his wife; those kinds usually are. ;) The only interesting point is the idea that other women cheer you more for getting a short cut than men; I have noticed that, but I didn't think it was because women were competing for rank places on an attractiveness scale, :lol:.

Lucia, the braidout looks good! :)

Updates:
I did a blowout on low speed low-cool, then I flat ironed the nape. I really wasn't feeling the full flat iron today but I did a length check and dusted. My ends really needed it but it wasn't necessary to chop off any length, so I didn't. I don't feel I got much length but I got some thickness and some length. I will revisit ayurvedic powders to speed up growth cause I'm heading for WL full speed.

there's a fotki link in my siggy
here's the album link
http://public.fotki.com/Lucia3k/lucias_progress/updates-2011-/

Hey Ladies!

I am here to update, but will have to come back with a picture.:look:

My hair is up at this moment taking a break. I have fitness goals that I want to reach, and other aspirations that puts my hair on the back burner. Basically, I am a little put off with my hair care issues, so putting it away is the best thing for it. ... I am a "cutter" :rolleyes:

Currently my hair is at Waist with more fullness due to trims. I began putting my hair up 2 mo.'s ago, and plan on doing this non stop for the year. I have created an album to document.
I know I won't be crackin' this year :sad:, but I am still down for the cause and want to support my Hair Sisters! - I will probably be at hip again by the end of this year. *off to find recent hair shot*

Thanks for the hair tips @ Lucia

Last edited:
So I think I'm MBL now. I've been wearing my hair in braidouts and ponytails trying to enjoy the last of summer. I still bun durin the week just let it loose for the weekends.
I hope to make full WL by the end of the year then hopefully HL

Last edited:
So I think I'm MBL now. I've been wearing my hair in braidouts and ponytails trying to enjoy the last of summer. I still bun durin the week just let it loose for the weekends.
I hope to make full WL then hopefully HL by the end of the year.

Yay! Congrats on getting back to MBL. :yay:

*heads over to Lucia's fotki to look for latest update*

Back