TL 2011 ON AND CRAKIN

Lita

Vintagecoilylocks
Sounds like a plan how did you like the medium small twists any strain on your hair?
Lita
You too
I guess we just accept the V shape is just how our hair grows. At least your at a length where you can maintain a blunt hemline I'm not where I want to be lengthwise yet. It I know it's coming soon.

Lucia I like medium/Large twist braids..To reduce tension & stress on the hair/scalp..It really makes a difference...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lucia

Thanks for sharing this revelation.
He button wasn't enough
NJoy
After reading the OP I realize I was doing this all along without knowing before I even new about vision boards. I did C&G and my weave was always midback to WL and looking at superlonghaired fotki and YTs keeping my hair moist and seal regular trims and then I achieved that so this time Ill do this again but using your example.
Repost from visualizing thread

Last edited:

Vintagecoilylocks

Hi Ladies,

As the journey continues my final top layer has reached hip just barely. This is the layer that is really thin. There is a bulk at only shoulder blade then thin to hip. The good news is that that bulk was only at shoulder last year so it is slowly moving down the length. The shedding has really dropped to what may be normal and that makes me happy.:yep:

So my goal for 2012 is to get this bulk to waist and a thicker canopy ends at hip. My next check in I may do a circumference measure and monitor the thickening that way.

Don't think I will try to trim and maintain there is just to much of a gap from ends to bulk and the more short hairs to tangle with longer ones does not help.

This journey of getting the bulk of the canopy to BCL will take me awhile so I will be here.:ohwell:
So hope every one can report good growth:yep:

Mz.MoMo5235

So I think I finally made crackin

Since I'm in India and my flat iron doesnt work here (well it can but then it will blow up and I spent too much money to have that mess blow up) so I havent done any pix. I will try to get someone to help me take a stretched pic though.

I'm hungry....

NJoy

Here I grow again!

Since I'm in India and my flat iron doesnt work here (well it can but then it will blow up and I spent too much money to have that mess blow up) so I havent done any pix. I will try to get someone to help me take a stretched pic though.

I'm hungry....

w00t! w00t! Congrats on crack-a-lackin! Can't wait to see pics. :yay:

Vintagecoilylocks

I'm hungry....

Thats wonderful. So it was growing after all.:yep:

Lita

I'm hungry....

Mz.MoMo5235 Congrats & keep growing..

Happy Hair Growing!

Mz.MoMo5235

So it turns out I'm only crackin when my hair is under running water :(

I guess I'm in some magical land between hbl and crackin??? I have no clue.
The gap in the middle is from me washing in 2 half's. I didnt detangle, just rinsed, oiled and moisturized.

Lita

So it turns out I'm only crackin when my hair is under running water :(

I guess I'm in some magical land between hbl and crackin??? I have no clue.
The gap in the middle is from me washing in 2 half's. I didnt detangle, just rinsed, oiled and moisturized.

Mz.MoMo5235 Look how nice,shiny & silky...It's growing very well..

Happy Hair Growing!

Vintagecoilylocks

Ok I am going to use the mysterious word of ..... I have some lead hairs from my crown area ( my shortest layer) touching BCL, verticle smile or Crakin. :spinning: I was actually thinking that shed had my growth cycle so messed up that I was stuck with the layers and no more growth. Whew! So downward I go. The bulk is still a ways off but this tell me that area of my head still can make it to longer lengths. The few strands measured at 30 inches long. Seams long but barely touched BCL:ohwell: I just have to be deligent in my routine.

Lucia

Ok I am going to use the mysterious word of ..... I have some lead hairs from my crown area ( my shortest layer) touching BCL, verticle smile or Crakin. :spinning: I was actually thinking that shed had my growth cycle so messed up that I was stuck with the layers and no more growth. Whew! So downward I go. The bulk is still a ways off but this tell me that area of my head still can make it to longer lengths. The few strands measured at 30 inches long. Seams long but barely touched BCL:ohwell: I just have to be deligent in my routine.

Vintagecoilylocks

congratz on the progress, BCL is a great length to reach, give yourself a hand and a big hug, just keep that same regimen it's working. I love the siggy pic.

Lucia

Old regimen update
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=12375613&postcount=12

new regimen

I'm still using the same products, same conditioners for DC, CW, and leave ins, except not using giovanni anymore, just AOHSR, AOGPB, AOWC, EVCO, Brhami oil for scalp massages.
I use WC or KCKT and KCCC or Eco styler for wash and gos.
I do S&D's on my splits and SSK's (very few) every 3-4 months to keep my ends fresh and reduce pulling out hair.

Mz.MoMo5235

It took 3mos for me to miss it so I assume I will survive. It's that awkward moment where my hair just looks funny so I want it to hurry up and be long enough for a bun again or shave it off again lol. I'm hanging in there though!