Tips for bunning with short hair....

africanqueen456

I have been having a crown issues for the longest...I cant make a decent ponytail with my unstraightened hair...:wallbash:
So here are some tips to have a fuller bun even if you hair is shorter.(Options beside the suothern tease bun or the sock bun)

Tip 1: I have about 3 inches of ng unstretched I tried a "puff bun".I put my old briadout in a puff and just pinned the ends..There you have a faux big bun....

Tip 2: I copied Kimmay tube method of bunning.(This can done with a big or small bana clip horizontally on relaxed or natural/transitioning hair).It also can used to make a huge ponytail/puff ...I would try it but because of my crown:nono:....

Try it out .Who says we have to bun/banana clip the traditional way?Switch it up and make sure to take pics!...I will later..Im kind of tired...

These are supposed to be tips for people with layered/sl or neck hair.This is to help you get a fuller bun without super long hair.They do say to protective style but how you you dont have enough to bun??

Last edited:

africanqueen456

I cant do those..My ends are too kinky to match.I dont want to have tension on my transitioning edges. I would try a puff phony pony

Ms.Christ3n

I cant do those..My ends are too kinky to match.I dont want to have tension on my transitioning edges. I would try a puff phony pony

Have you tried the Marley Braid hair? The hair that is used for kinky twists? It has a kinkier texture and should blend with your wavy edges. Just brush it out a bit and wrap it around your ponytail and pin down. It's better to use GoodHairDay pins over bobby pins because they don't cause as much damage.
As for your edges, try not to pull the ponytail tighter than needed or wear a headband so you don't have to pull your edges so tightly. I really hope that helped!:spinning: