Those who take L-Cysteine...

Candy_C

L-Cysteine Users...

How is it working for you?

there is also another form...: "N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine" which is better than L-Cysteine as it is more water soluable. it has ALL the original properties of L-Cysteine and more...

http://www.youngagain.com/nacnac180cap.html

Also:

Why is L-Cysteine Important?

The largest single element found in the composition of the hair is L-Cysteine. L-Cysteine is one ingredient your hair cannot do without. Without L-Cysteine, you could grow no hair on your head at all.

Unfortunately, today's over-processed and over-refined foods do not supply sufficient amounts of L-Cysteine to keep your hair healthy and strong.

Source: http://www.hairx2.com/normal_growth.html

i am buying this 2day as MSM has crept up on me and made my skin spotty....

I hear very good things about it in general, so who takes this solidly? Thankkks! x

Last edited:

JLove74

I've been thinking of adding this to my vitamin intake. So thanks for the info....I just put it down on my list.

Candy_C

londonbabe said:
Wasnt it the other week you were raving about MSM?:confused: Is it not working for you anymore then?

yeh it was! i made a whole thread!

i mentioned in that thread it was giving me spots, my hair was definately growing in only a week (my body lacks in healthy foods so vits work in my body instantly..or maybe its my mind power- who knows!...)

Candy_C

jadedcynicism said:
i've been taking NAC for over a year. it's very good for the liver too.

oooh excellent - do u use that Holland And Barretts brand?

how isit working for you, hair growth wise? thanks

HighlyFavored1

Candy_C said:
i mentioned in that thread it was giving me spots, my hair was definately growing

MSM is making my skin spotty too. It started after about 2-3 weeks, and it's getting annoying. But it's also really helping to soften my new growth... Candy, were you taking the powder or the tablets? I'm taking the tablets and I wonder if the lower absoprtion has anything to do with it...

Tene

I just started back taking it a couple weeks ago so I haven't noticed anything yet. But when I used to take it two years ago I got nice results from it along with other vitamins.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I take L-Cysteine daily....I haven't really noticed any benefits yet...I have 9 more days til I'm done with my first 30 day supply. Didn't someone mention we should take it one month on and one month off because it loses it's effectiveness after awhile?? :confused:

fancypants007

I've been using L-cysteine for about a month now. I purchased mine from the http://www.hairx2.com. It is in crystal form and I use the scoop that they provide and mix in with my brewers yeast in the morning. It is part of my hair regime. They tell you to give yourself at least 3 months before you really notice results. I plan to use it always.

Candy what do you mean that MSM made your skin spotty. Please explain. I just purchased some MSM powder and I want to take it for hair growth, but also for overall health. I do a very intense workout and my muscles and joints hurt. I think MSM is supposed to help with that. So I'm looking for to taking it for that reason as well.

Candy_C

Basically, i began to get more then enough spots on my face, the sides of my face and my cheeks (i never get spots there only on the forehead and occasionally the place under my nose - cindy crawford style lol)

they are goin now, but i've had 2 start using spot cream from the doc to get them away. MSM may not cause spots in some people, but i'm prone, plus i was taking the powder form (3,000mg) which is quite high for a starter and is absorbed almost instantly in the body...

Is anybody seeing any faster growth with L-Cysteine?..i know its a form of sulphur so it sounds as though it could be great for growth...hmmm cystal form..how much MG a day fancyPants?

dreysonsmommy2011

Re: L-Cysteine Users...

Candy_C said:
How is it working for you?

there is also another form...: "N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine" which is better than L-Cysteine as it is more water soluable. it has ALL the original properties of L-Cysteine and more...

Man, I wish I would have known this before I ordered my L-cysteine yesterday. Oh,well I may have to switch later on. I did a search and didn't find anything :confused:

gn1g

I use to take it and I notice that my hair had a natural shine and looked very healthy. Beautiful shine plus I have hi-lites. The shine was natural but it looked like I had on hair polisher.

jwhitley6

I've been taking NAC for about 2 months now. I don't know how much it's affecting my hair growth. I added it to my regimen for the liver detox benefits and to boost metabolism. I'm gonna give it a few more months before I make an assessment on it affect on my hair growth.

naturaline

Well iv been looking into L-Cysteine for a while but i think better stick to what i have at the mo.

YES BECAREFULL WITH MSM... since summers come here in the uk iv had the weird rash appear on my arms and legs! iv never had this before the only change iv had is a new brand of MSM- im not sure if this is the cause but im lowering my intake. the rash really scratches and its red too. i went to the doctor and he gave my cream and said he thinks it eczema which has just appeared from no where! i may switch back to the H&B brand cuz i had no problem with that one.

sorry that was so long- basically i dont know bout you but i feel if the vit aint working for you, you should stop using it or really lower the intake. in regards to L-Cysteine i havent taken it but i think Den1 has and a few others hopefully they will add comments...

hth

Candy828

I take it...but when I started taking it and CQ10, it was for my health and not my hair. See, I am in the older crowd and it is good for my hearts health.:lol: Nice to know my hair is benefiting just as much!:grin:

Last edited:

ilong

God's Own

I use to take it and I notice that my hair had a natural shine and looked very healthy. Beautiful shine plus I have hi-lites. The shine was natural but it looked like I had on hair polisher.
@gn1g are you still taking L Cysteine