Those w/ braided extensions--please come in here

Suri

I started a challenge for 2 years; not too sure i'll make the whole thing but I have been on it for 8 months w/breaks. I just wanted to get some feedback from other braiders.

How long have you had your braids in and what kind do you have?

How long do plan on keeping them in?

Did you get them done professionally?

Why is your hair braided?

How do you care for your braided hair?

What are the benefits/disadvantages of having your hair braided?

Thanks

Suri

well damn yall are coming in but not leaving any info...well don't come in no mo! :censored:

I'm kiddding!

Eiano

I've had them in since March... so about 2 months I have kanekalon, (sp?) medium sized.

How long do plan on keeping them in? I plan on keeping them until I absolutely have to take them out

Did you get them done professionally? Umm.. well I don't do them myself, and the lady doesn't own a salon. Is that pro? :)

Why is your hair braided? I'm trying to grow it out to waist length. I'm at BSL-natural.

How do you care for your braided hair? Well to be honest, I hardly do anything. Some ladies on LHCF say they wash every week, well I rarely wash. Only when it smells... so I wash about once a month. I put braid spray only on the braids, not on the scalp. My hair grows like crazy, so I stick with what works.

What are the benefits/disadvantages of having your hair braided? I just wake up, and pull it back, leave it out or whatever. There's no manipulation. This is why I think my hair has grown so long with it.

OK!!!:D

beyondcute

Suri said:
I started a challenge for 2 years; not too sure i'll make the whole thing but I have been on it for 8 months w/breaks. I just wanted to get some feedback from other braiders.

I took them out already, I had layered individuals.
I kept them for 2 moths (8 weeks)
No
Participating in Crown and Glory
Washing, moisture, braid spray, amking sure they were put in correctly.
No mess styling, protective styling, easy to change styles, and cheap!

Thanks

U are sick :lol

Lucia

I think 3-4 years off and on

Until I reach my ultimate goal or come close to it, then I'll just wear the braids for 1 season like winter, then out the rest of the year.

Yes at first but I taught myself to do it.

Because before when I lurked I had no clue what to do with it to grow my hair back out from the damage and Crown and Glory worked for me from the beginning so I kept on using it.

I moisturize with water based/vegetable glycerin mixture, shea butter, MTG and oils.

Disadvantages: If you don't take care of it your hair can break off, become dry. People just braid it up and forget about it not doing any haircare thinking their hair will just grow.

Advantages: Taking care of your hair even though it's in braids, moisturizing and such will give good growth and thickness. Easy styling when you don't want to bother.

Last edited: