How do you wash hair in senegalese twists w/extensions??????????? Please Help!!!!!!!!

GL925

:hiya: :welcome:

I need some :help: :feedback:. I got my hair braided on thursday & I would like to care it right since im transitioning from relaxed to natural. I'm 3 months post relaxer. I just have a few questions:detective::

How long should I keep the twists in?

How do I wash my hair with the twist extensions in?

How often should I was my hair?

How long should I wait once I take these twists out to get my hair re-braided again?

The only thing i've done so far was oil my scalp with some Beemine sulfur oil.
I've never had braids before & I would like to use this method to help me transition for @ least a year.

I thank you in advance for any suggestions you have.

lilsparkle825

Re: How do you wash hair in senegalese twists w/extensions??????????? Please Help!!!!

:hiya: :welcome:

I need some :help: :feedback:. I got my hair braided on thursday & I would like to care it right since im transitioning from relaxed to natural. I'm 3 months post relaxer. I just have a few questions:detective::

How long should I keep the twists in?
6-8 weeks should be fine if this is your first time. Some people can go longer.
How do I wash my hair with the twist extensions in?
Some people use a stocking cap over their twists to keep them from getting frizzy. I just took diluted shampoo and conditioner and poured it over my hair, then rinsed well. If you are afraid to wash them, you can just keep your scalp clean with witch hazel on a cotton ball.
How often should I was my hair?
Once every 2 weeks should be sufficient, unless you are using a lot of product. Try not to add your braid spray, oils, or whatever you are using to the roots of your twists.
How long should I wait once I take these twists out to get my hair re-braided again?
That is up to you. I wear them back to back, but I do advise really getting in there with shampoo and using a protein DC (followed with a moisturizing DC, of course) between sets.
The only thing i've done so far was oil my scalp with some Beemine sulfur oil.
I've never had braids before & I would like to use this method to help me transition for @ least a year.

I thank you in advance for any suggestions you have.
I just took the set in my avatar out today. I have been braiding my hair and my sister's since 2008. Don't forget to moisturize your hair....BRX braid spray or a glycerin/water/aloe vera juice combo should work well.

GL925

Re: How do you wash hair in senegalese twists w/extensions??????????? Please Help!!!!

Thanks lilsparkle825. :clap:

GL925

:feedback: