This Is The Type Of Stuff That Makes Me Want To Be Natural

Geminigirl

I wish I could develop a regimen like hers, where i could keep my hair stretched that long and healthy without washing. I have to wash before 2 weeks and I should wash weekly.

taytay86

My only thing is, I dont know how my hair would look all natural. The last time I had a full head of natural hair I was about 9 years old. I see these women with beautiful curly hair and I think "what's the point my hair would never look like that". My hair is curly at the root, then the roots get wavy, then eventually it straightens out. So if my hair is somewhat straight naturally, how would I ever get it to curl nicely? Is that the whole purpose of natural hair? To wear it curly/kinky?

Umm Ebraheem

Not all kinky hair is curly and not all naturals go for the "curly look." There are a lot of other ways to wear it natural. The link your provided is a prime example of someone with kinky, not curly hair. Her hair is beautiful and she does not wear her hair curly and from what I can tell she has never worn her hair curly since she big chopped.

For me it's about big hair. My hair is very flat when relaxed and I really have no desire to go back to wearing my hair wrapped every day of the week. I like the versatility growth I get without the relaxer. Getting stuck on having a certain "curly look" can be a big let down for some women because hair is just so different. You don't know what your going to get until you actually get it!

HautePinkHeels

taytay86 said:
My only thing is, I dont know how my hair would look all natural. The last time I had a full head of natural hair I was about 9 years old. I see these women with beautiful curly hair and I think "what's the point my hair would never look like that". My hair is curly at the root, then the roots get wavy, then eventually it straightens out. So if my hair is somewhat straight naturally, how would I ever get it to curl nicely? Is that the whole purpose of natural hair? To wear it curly/kinky?

Your hair probably seems like it changes textures because you have relaxed ends weighing your curly new growth down. I bet once you cut those suckas off your hair would curl right up--and stay curly. :yep:

Sent from my iPhone 4S using LHCF

niqu92

i kinda wanna go natural too :( and then i went on my computer today and i saw all these old pics from when i was natural and it made the urge even stronger
but my behind is too lazy so ima just make it easier on myself and stay relaxed lol

taytay86

Your hair probably seems like it changes textures because you have relaxed ends weighing your curly new growth down. I bet once you cut those suckas off your hair would curl right up--and stay curly. :yep:

Sent from my iPhone 4S using LHCF

wow thanks, i didn't think of that. But actually when I was a little girl, my hair was always straight.

Southern Belle

1. Does she have a fotki?

2. I wonder if Lil Wayne is talking about her on that one song where he says "Long hair don't care".

yuhlovevybz

She's quoting lil wayne not the other way around lol.

I went natural at first so that my hair could be really thick when I flat-ironed. (semi-fail)
The second reason was so that I could wash and go daily (fail number 2)
Then I thought my hair would be curly for whatever reason. No need to go there.
But in the end I decided it's more affordable than relaxing, and now that i'm on this hair journey I don't see a point in going through all of the hair breaking and mauling I was doing before. I guess it's whatever works best. Longhairdon'tcare is a heat trained natural, which apparently works for her, but only worked a bit for me. I like to do anything and everything to my hair sporadically so having a set regi like she does is hard. When i was relaxed I wouldn't dare wash my hair before two weeks. Now it's torture if I don't.

I think everyone has a different reason for being natural, I don't think there's a set reason or point of being natural. One of my friends running track in high school was a straightened natural, though her hair was always pressed I could look at it and tell she was natural, and that was enough for me to stop getting relaxers. Big afro hair won't even on my mind at the time.