What hair type is this?

Bene

Have the volume off for youtube, so I can't tell if it's wet or dry hair. Looks 3b-3c though.

song_of_serenity

cutiecute64 (6 months ago)
whats your hair type? it is really pretty!

DelightfulJOY (6 months ago)
I believe it's considered 2A. Thank you!!

DaNewBlack (5 months ago)
i love co washes for the simple fact that you dnt actually have to go in the shower first, then you can sit with it on for a while, condition the hair then rinse.

I think your more 3B/3C though
Yeah, I'm thinking 3b/c, also

ixoyegodisgood

This is why I stay on the make-up board and just lurk over here...I have no idea what I am talking about or looking at when it comes to hair stuff...lol. I've decided to big chop tomorrow. I think My hair would have to grow out again so I can have a definitive heads or tails on what my hair is doing. lol

PearlyCurly

Id say 3b/3c.

Depending on your natural length(before BC) you hair might not look like that, because if your hair is longer your curls are more stretched out(like hers)..especially with 3's. The hair can be much tighter(and more coils) when it is shorter.

Take her hair for example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kj6Ff-oLWI

It started out as coils and then when it got much longer it became like the girls in the first video.

song_of_serenity

Id say 3b/3c.

Depending on your natural length(before BC) you hair might not look like that, because if your hair is longer your curls are more stretched out(like hers)..especially with 3's. The hair can be much tighter(and more coils) when it is shorter.

Take her hair for example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kj6Ff-oLWI

It started out as coils and then when it got much longer it became like the girls in the first video.
Hey, she's a member here! :grin:
But yeah, that's the nature of 3 hair (and some 4a blends) The coils tend to grow and hang DOWN instead of out. You won't know till you BC op!

ixoyegodisgood

How long have you been transitioning?

Since august. Here are pics of my hair. I did a bc on the sides hoping it would give me courage to do the rest and that has not happened. lol (FYI, I wear wigs :lachen:)

Here is a picture with the side and the rest of my hair with the relaxed ends still attached.

Attachments

• picstopost4.jpg
    picstopost4.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 65
  • picstoresize.jpg
    picstoresize.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 52

Neith

Thanks lol. I was hoping somone could tell me my hair ty pe, because I have no clue. Do I really really have to do the bc? really? :ohwell: LOL!

You will have an idea, but you won't know for sure until you BC. I transitioned for a year and was still a little surprised with my texture. :giggle:

It doesn't matter though. I'm sure it is beautiful :)

poookie

Since august. Here are pics of my hair. I did a bc on the sides hoping it would give me courage to do the rest and that has not happened. lol (FYI, I wear wigs :lachen:)

Here is a picture with the side and the rest of my hair with the relaxed ends still attached.

the girl in the vid's type is probably 3b. based on the pics you showed, i'd say you're in the 4a/4b range. your edges look sort of similar to mine, and i'm 4a/4b with itty bitty coils all over. while you don't have to BC for someone to tell you your hair type, it'd be easier for us to tell if you had a pic of a strand of hair with at least an inch of new growth attached. my siggy is an example :yep:

ixoyegodisgood

the girl in the vid's type is probably 3b. based on the pics you showed, i'd say you're in the 4a/4b range. your edges look sort of similar to mine, and i'm 4a/4b with itty bitty coils all over. while you don't have to BC for someone to tell you your hair type, it'd be easier for us to tell if you had a pic of a strand of hair with at least an inch of new growth attached. my siggy is an example :yep:

Thank you so much and you are so right...I am a 4a4b. I just finished washing my hair and I am noticing a texture just like yours. I think the reason that my hair got to the point where it looked similar to the video was because at the time I was swimming for about 2 hours a day five days a week during the first of this year in a salt water/chlorine pool, and that softened up my texture a lot i bet. :yep: