Thinning Edges

Bronxbaby87

I've had braids for a while now and i've always had thinning edges and at first both sides were alright but now one side is getting better but its like the other side of my hair line is getting worse. i used ORS temple balm and that didnt do anything for me, i actually think it made things worse, i heard about putting a vitamin E capsule on them daily and i've been doing that every night, what else can i do to make these edges growing back i am lost. i take vitamins, should that make my edges grow back???

sweetcocoa

Cute picture...I assummed this is you....you were a little cutie...
anyways to answer your question...before I started rinsing more often, I used to mist my hairline with mixture of distilled water and jojoba oil. I mixed it up in a misting bottle, then shake it up(to mix the oil with the water) right before I would spary it on my hairline. I still do this at night alot(even though a rinse almost daily), then lightly tie a silk scarf around my hairline over night. The constant moisture made my hairline grow back in...plus it's been helping my bangs grow out.

Nessa

For the Edges it may be best to use Castor Oil, to mosturize that area very often and another good product is Infusuim 23 Lave In Conditioner. Get the 8 ounce bottle and spray. You edges will be growin in no time.

Bronxbaby87

P.S. sweetcocoa do you really see a picture there???? i put one there but now i dnt see it, its just a box with an "X" like its a missing link.

NYCchild

I used hairever11 by homehealth it is superterrific. It is a spray water like fluid. but as with most things u have to be patient it takes a couple weeks to see effects. Also castor oil and vite are great.

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. sweetcocoa do you really see a picture there???? i put one there but now i dnt see it, its just a box with an "X" like its a missing link.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, the background is blue and you are wearing a little blue dress with blue bows in your hair....so cute!

phynestone

I would suggest applying lavender or rosemary along your hairline and temples everyday. I also would be extremely careful when brushing the hairline as well.

butterscotch

I've been using Pofective's ati-thinning circulation treatment on my hairline and temples and it works really well..I ws surprised at the results, which i noticed after two weeks of use. I use it twice a day with a medium bristle toothbrush to smooth the edges...

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird... All I can see is the box with the 'X', too...

IMO, the best things for rejuvenating the hairline are Carolyn Gray's Healthier Hair in a Bottle, the Profectiv product and Jamaican black castor oil. Gray's product works really fast!

mstankers

[ QUOTE ]
I've had braids for a while now and i've always had thinning edges and at first both sides were alright but now one side is getting better but its like the other side of my hair line is getting worse. i used ORS temple balm and that didnt do anything for me, i actually think it made things worse, i heard about putting a vitamin E capsule on them daily and i've been doing that every night, what else can i do to make these edges growing back i am lost. i take vitamins, should that make my edges grow back???

[/ QUOTE ]

Bronxbaby, I had the same problem after wearing cornrows. I do not like ORS products although the temple balm was referred to me. I have been using Profectiv's 3 in 1 phase oil which has done wonders for my hair. Maybe you should give it a try. What kinds of braids did you put in? I am thinking about getting flat twists but am afraid the gel might weaken my hair. Am about to start a post about it.

mstankers

[ QUOTE ]
Nioxin Follicle Booster. It's a bit expensive, but it works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tee, can this be purchased at a drugstore? Do you just rub in your edges or on your scalp as well? How long til you were able to see results. Thanks!

T

Tee

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tee, can this be purchased at a drugstore? Do you just rub in your edges or on your scalp as well? How long til you were able to see results. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get it at beauty supply stores like Trade Secret for about $20/oz. You can find it cheaper at http://www.sn2000.com/. It's supposed to be applied directly on the scalp. I used it on one of my temples and I saw some improvement in 2 weeks, and about a month for the problem to be completely fixed. I still use it for maintenance.

mstankers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get it at beauty supply stores like Trade Secret for about $20/oz. You can find it cheaper at http://www.sn2000.com/. It's supposed to be applied directly on the scalp. I used it on one of my temples and I saw some improvement in 2 weeks, and about a month for the problem to be completely fixed. I still use it for maintenance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to stop posting on this site because you guys keep recommending the bomb products and I am well on my way to being a product junkie
Thanks, Tee. I am going to order this online this evening because I could use it.