Thinning edges... what to do?

I'm just noticing (as of last night) that there are 2 small spots on either side of my temple area which are getting a little bare looking. :ohwell: I'm supposed have my relaxer put in tommorow but I'm not sure what to tell my hairdresser. Should I ask her to skip perming the thin area or no? Also, what can I use to get those edges back to normal?

p.s.- i know there was a previous thread about thinning edges but I can't seem to find it.

Crystalicequeen123

I would tell her to skip perming the edges. Just to rule out the possiblity that chemicals have caused your hairline to be thin. The hair around the hairline is naturally a little more fine than the hair say at the middle of your scalp. If you ask me, this part probably shouldn't be permed EVERY single relaxer session. Maybe more like every OTHER relaxer session. But, you know how people like "SMOOTH" feeling edges and hairlines.

But in the meantime, if you DO allow her to relax your edges, you can try out NExxus' Biotin Creme from vitatress. Vitatress is part of the Nexxus line. It's really great. I use it about every day, and it has done WONDERS to my thinning hair line which became thin due to a dominican blowout (yes, just one can ruin your hair! lol). But my hair has been growing back in nicely, and THICKER than before. So, I'd highly reccomend that cream.

Hope I was of some assistance. :)

L

LaNecia

My Recommendation, if the area is thinning is to ask the stylist to avoid relaxing that section and to pick up some Nexus VitaTress Biotin Creme and or Surge.

A friend of mine has 3 spots on his head which recently went completely bald (two about the size of nickels and one about the diameter of a quarter). I bought the creme for him, he's been applying the Biotin Creme to his scalp for about 4 weeks now and the first two spots to bald have begun to regrow. I say begun because he now shaves his head to hide it (but you can still tell because the patches are still a little smooth). But, when he's gone a few days between shavings, you can see the stubble in these areas filling in, some of the hairs are finer in texture (skinnier strands) but it is growing in when we thought originally there was no hope. I think as the follicles totally recover, the hair strands will thicken.

The third area hasn't changed yet but he's consistent with it, twice a day. Maybe I'll take a photo this weekend and update when this one fills in too.

I only regret not taking photos because I wouldn't have believed it had I not have seen it for myself.

HTH

Thanks so much, both of you! :grin: I like my edges straight, but not at the expense of more hair loss by relaxer. I'll tell her to skip perming those problem spots, and I'll give those products a try. Thanks again.