Thinning Edges***Desperate Need of Help**

cecilie

Good luck , pray and ask God to give you Thick edges , last time I say to God please help me I don't want to spend all my money in products ..
Good luck .
Cecilie .

Aussie

thank you so much ladies. i am still waitin on my BT but when it gets here my "Grow Back Edges" regimen will be in full affect!! :grin:

Also now that I think about it... My edge regimen consist of 100% natural products.... yah me!!

Aussie

u can usually find them at :

Indian/Caribbean Stores

GNC/ Vitamin Shoppe

Whole foods Stores

Vitamin and Natural Products stores

or online if you do a google search of natural oils

yodie

Check out my fotki.

My edges and nape have been a problem for years, due to relaxers and not knowing how to care for those sections of my hair.

Mainly just because of relaxing.

You said no-no to MN, but that was a major help in growing my nape out. I can actually press my nape area and my edges have returned.

Oh, I texlaxed my hair January '07. By Oct '07, my edges were gone! I was one of those black women without edges.

To each his own, but don't knock it, 'cause it may just work out for you. That's if nothing else works.

Last edited:

HeChangedMyName

here's a mixture that I used after each of my pregnancies when my edges fell out due to hormonal changes.

olive oil, vitamin e oil, pure essential oils(chammomile, bergamot, rosemary, lavender, tea tree oil) applied this at least a couple of times a day and my edges always came back. I even made some for someone else and it worked for them. The last time I made it, I added some shea butter, and coconut oil to make it more like a greas to stick to the scalp and it worked just fine and it lasted longer too.

CHECKMATE!

it's ironic u posted this,becase I was jst about to start a thread for scalp med...I JUST saw the infomercial...black woman almost had me in tears,the way her hair looked:sad:...the befor and after pics are AMAZING...chk it out...seems legit:yep: www.scalpmed.com

Cassandra1975

I am seeing some small results with sulfur...I just need to be more consistent. What has grown in, has been GRAY hairs. But, I asked for hair around there, next time I have to be more specific. :grin: Reading that it can take up to two years, makes more sense to me. I was expecting quicker results - I just need to be more patient.

Excellent thread, OP! :yay:

PassionFruit

because Im in a protective style I cant tell how much progress if any I have.. I do notice that my edges are even ore drier than the rest of my hair.... Ive been using carrier oils but I need to add a moisturizer to it first, much like I already do for the rest of my hair

Aussie

Yea I need to be more patient... but I am the type to stare at my edges in the mirror lol. I just recieved my BT in the mail yesterday so my grow back edges regimen is in full effect. So this is what I will be doing

Hairobics Leave-IN

BT

Hairobics Booster

(My goal is to see some type of minumum growth in 2 mths.)

ill keep this thread updated.:grin:

Aussie

:perplexedto my hair sisters.... I am not seeing any results with my edges and I am getting concerned that maybe it is something serious that topicals can't help. I am being patient and I am not puttin any stress on my edges. I am currently using BT, Hairobics Leave In, and Hairobics Booster for my edges.

Are there any other suggestions? and is there a specific way I should be using these products? PLease help

SignatureBeauty

Have you tried to massage with Vitamin E Oil? I know that helps out alot of people, I have the same issue, my edges get really thin, But my issue is Relaxers, so as you can see in my avitar what happened, I know better but keep doing it:nono:, But try doing that and see how it works for you if you haven't, I know it is frustrating, Oh you can get the Vitamiin E capsules and just pop one open and apply. I am sorry you are going through this!! You have very Beautiful Hair!

PassionFruit

:perplexedto my hair sisters.... I am not seeing any results with my edges and I am getting concerned that maybe it is something serious that topicals can't help. I am being patient and I am not puttin any stress on my edges. I am currently using BT, Hairobics Leave In, and Hairobics Booster for my edges.

Are there any other suggestions? and is there a specific way I should be using these products? PLease help

Im DEFINITELY seeing progress with the Nexxus Biotin Creme... HOWEVER its not the kind of progress I want... well kinda

anyhoo, my edges are getting long so I know they are growing but they still are thin :( Im not seeing much, if any, progress in thickness...

Im hoping that I see a difference in a few weeks before I perm my hair

betty-boo

I know you feel frustrated, but really it hasn't been that long since you first posted. For my edges to be where they are now, it has taken me just over a year. Progress in this area is going to be slow. It is frustrating - I was very frustrated.

Give yourself a goal of this time next year - that way you aren't looking at them so much. The more delicate you are with them, the better, and they will come back quicker, than if you did otherwise.

Overjoyed

Im DEFINITELY seeing progress with the Nexxus Biotin Creme... HOWEVER its not the kind of progress I want... well kinda

anyhoo, my edges are getting long so I know they are growing but they still are thin :( Im not seeing much, if any, progress in thickness...

I 2nd the nexxus biotin creme. I have been using it on my temple areas for a month now along with castor oil and I am noticing a difference already:yep:.

LongHairDreams

I 2nd the nexxus biotin creme. I have been using it on my temple areas for a month now along with castor oil and I am noticing a difference already:yep:.

Where can the Nexxus Biotin Creme be purchased? TIA

PassionFruit

Where can the Nexxus Biotin Creme be purchased? TIA

ya can buy it online... Some local BSS sell it or will order it for you.... Someone mentioned that JC Penney sells the Nexxus VitaTress line ( Biotin creme is part of that line) so Im wondering if they carry ( or can order) this as well

ButterflyBeauty

I had a similar problem around my temples. Be careful not to do a lot of brushing around your edges. Also are you taking a vitamin and eating your fruits and veggies? I started taking Burdock root in capsule form when I saw my edges thinning about four months ago. It helps with blood oxygenation. It has been used for centuries as a natural cure for baldness. My nails and hair grew stronger and thicker. You can get burdock root from any health food store. You can no longer tell that my edges were fragile. I also make sure I keep my edges hydrated with a oil that is easily absorbed into the scalp like olive oil. Only put a little dab, too much product can hinder your growth.

maymajesty

I'm subcribing to this thread. I'm having the same problem with me edges. There's some good suggestions on here. Thanks ladies!!!

hothair

consistency is key- like some PP said you have to set out 6 months to a year for this and stick with one product/ regimen and you will see results, Good Luck

Aussie

oh my gosh!! THANK YOU ALL! i will try my best to stick to my regimen I am currently using, however I may incorporate mn if I dont see some kind of results in 2 months. Thanks for the hair compliment. The rest of my hair is great and almost BSL... however whats the point of having nice hair if you have no edges?? so i am trying my best... thanks again:grin:

Overjoyed

Do not use Minoval. Do not use Minoval unless you want to use it every day for the rest of your life.

You ain't neva lied! I started using Minoval last year for my temple areas and my hair was growing in nicely. Well, I stopped using it in January and about 2 months ago I noticed that I was right back where I started with thinning edges. I couldn't understand why even though I was "babying" them that they fell out. Then is came to me - if you use anything with minoxidil once you stop there is a possibility your hair may fall out again.

Well, the Nexxus Biotin creme is the truth! I kid you not in less than a month I notice a huge difference like hairs sprouting everywhere on my hairline. I put my mother onto it who has a thin spot on the top of her head and uses it also on her edges and she can even see new lil gray hairs sprouting. I'm getting better growth with Nexxus Biotin creme in conjunction with the shampoo and vitamins.

poookie

i used to have thinning, almost balding edges. i tried everything: MN, sulfur8, medicated ointments, nothing seemed to work.

then i started massaging the area, and leaving it alone (as in, not applying anything to that area.) i'd massage for a few minutes a night, and for a few extra minutes while washing.

now, my edges are so thick, you wouldn't be able to tell that they were balding in the first place.

while growth aids help, the main things that will get your edges in shape are scalp massages on that area (to stimulate the blood flow, and help promote growth), and time.

MrsHouston

The bolded was important for me w/ my PP shedding...I made my parts down the middle of my hair instead of the sides as not to but any extra stress there...I also lightly brushed the front of my hair or just smoothed it back with my hands and some water...after two months my hair grew back. I have hereditary thin edges...so I tend to treat them well.

I also used some essential oils.

i used to have thinning, almost balding edges. i tried everything: MN, sulfur8, medicated ointments, nothing seemed to work.

then i started massaging the area, and leaving it alone (as in, not applying anything to that area.) i'd massage for a few minutes a night, and for a few extra minutes while washing.

now, my edges are so thick, you wouldn't be able to tell that they were balding in the first place.

while growth aids help, the main things that will get your edges in shape are scalp massages on that area (to stimulate the blood flow, and help promote growth), and time.

MD_Lady

You ain't neva lied! I started using Minoval last year for my temple areas and my hair was growing in nicely. Well, I stopped using it in January and about 2 months ago I noticed that I was right back where I started with thinning edges. I couldn't understand why even though I was "babying" them that they fell out. Then is came to me - if you use anything with minoxidil once you stop there is a possibility your hair may fall out again.

Well, the Nexxus Biotin creme is the truth! I kid you not in less than a month I notice a huge difference like hairs sprouting everywhere on my hairline. I put my mother onto it who has a thin spot on the top of her head and uses it also on her edges and she can even see new lil gray hairs sprouting. I'm getting better growth with Nexxus Biotin creme in conjunction with the shampoo and vitamins.

I'll keep that in mind in case this whole ORS temple balm thing doesn't work out. ;) I've been using it for 2 weeks and I SWEAR I see a little filling in. I've taken a short break because they advise you stop using it a week before your relaxer. Oh well, time will tell... :drunk:

Aussie

thank u all... after my regimen is up i will start MN... and then Nexxus Biotin Creme... something has to work damn it!! lol