Things you Hate that Beauticians Do?

lunalight7

[ QUOTE ]
This is too too funny. I hear you I hear you. I even got up once to take a peek in the back to see what the hell she was mixing up and that heifer shut the door on me. I got my grip and rolled up outta there. Hell for all I know she could have been killing something and putting the feet on my hair. That's what I get for going out of town trying to get my hair done in the hood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my God...Im laughing so hard that tears are streaming down my face...you are a mess...

azul11

i saw a stylist pour perfect for perms shampoo in a mizani bottle. i am sitting there like wouldnt they at least pretend like they were ashamed lol. that is why i bring my own stuff. God bless you all.

Barbara

Princess
Since I've been going to the salon most of my life, I can relate to some of the scenarios/comments that these members have experienced. However, I had to restrain myself from laughing hysterically at the office. :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

My former stylist Katherine has a serious attitude problem. She’s older than my parents. Anyway, she would wash and deep condition my hair. I guess after a few years, she felt that I should learn how to detangle it myself. She would have me detangle my own hair, and I’m paying her full price! Then she would put the wet towel--that she just finished using to pat dry my hair after it was washed—on my shoulders instead of using a clean dry towel. My blouse or sweater would be damp after I left the salon. I finally asked her for a dry towel; she got the message. While she was pressing and hot curling my hair, she would smoke over me and would argue with the other stylists from time to time. After three years with her, I eventually left because I felt that I would give male stylists a try. They are my best ones til this day.

I always make an appointment before I come in and while I’m waiting for my former hair stylist Yvonne to finish her current customer, she would start on customers who walked in 30 minutes after I arrived. Maybe they were running late, but I felt that she should have at least told me or washed and deep conditioned my hair by putting me under the dryer, and then worked on them. Anyway, I noticed this a few times, and I walked right on out and she never saw me again.

Another former stylist went out to get something to eat, and I walked away from the dryer to the mirror to examine the conditioner she put in my hair. It was very watery, not a rich thick conditioner at all. When she arrived, I asked her what kind of conditioner she put in my hair. She said: “It’s a water-based conditioner.” It looked like water and a thin layer of something white mixed it. I didn’t want anything cheap in my hair. I remained calm. After she finished my hair, that was the last time she saw me in her salon. About a year later, she saw me on the bus stop while she was getting into her car, and she had a mad stare on her face. I just ignored her.

Another stylist would not listen to me when it came to trimming my hair even though he initialized the subject. He always cut my hair every three months. After years of doing this, he said: “When I cut my other customers hair, their hair won’t grow back; but when I cut yours’, your hair always grows back.” Now I understand why he felt that he needed to cut instead of trim every three months, but it did look good. Sometimes he took off too much, according to my friends and coworkers. One day, he cut my hair quite short that I couldn’t even roll the back of it! My sister was shocked!!! Nevertheless, I always received compliments on the style and others wanted to go to him. They didn’t go to him regularly, though.

One of my other stylists thinks just because I have long hair, and I’m sitting under the dryer that he can take two walk in customers with short hair and work on their heads non-stop after my dryer automatically turns off. Instead of rinsing the deep conditioner out, finishing my hair, he keeps working on theirs as if I don’t exist. Then they leave the salon, not knowing that I’m his customer. I let it slide the first time; but the second time, I blasted him for doing this! The next time, he asked if he could work on this other customer’s hair, while I was under the dryer. I gave him permission, because I was focusing on my homework. It didn’t take him long, but I just made up my mind that I need to learn how to do my own hair. When I have the time, I do my own hair, but still he’s fabulous!

In fact, some of my friends who go to the hair salon have shared some of their experiences with me that are identical to the comments mentioned in this thread.

This is really hilarious, indeed.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Lie. Take yo' money and say: It's You not THEM when all your Hair is falling out. i.e. your nerves, your thyroid, your job, what you're doing to your hair at home.........

Lying you know whats. Don't eeeevveenn get me started.

LushLox

One of the very worst things I experienced was getting stabbed in the head with the relaxer brush. Seriously, that's how the stylists applied the relaxer back then. :nono:

Lucky's Mom

This would be quite a list. I will give 3 of my hot 100.

1. The waiting. I just cannot do that.

2. The Unprofessional nature of the shop and the stylist.

3. The mis handling of my hair.

JusPhabulous40

1) Stylists that ONLY wear wigs or weaves. I need to see that they can do something w their own hair before they start messing with mine.

2) Stylists that have to leave to go pick up the kids (nevermind that I have chemicals in my hair!!) :wallbash:

3) Stylists that sell everything from knock-off Nikes to pitbulls (Yes.... her brother sold pitbulls in the shop on Saturdays):ohwell:

4) Stylists that can "style" hair but can't take care of it.

Needless to say- I absolutely love what I've learned on the forum. My hair is longer, more healthy, and thicker than it ever was when my former stylist was butchering my hair and wasting my time.

Tinkerbell19

i hate when they use their cellphones but have a sign in the window saying "please dont use your cellphones" or when you have an appt and they see you waiting and they decide to eat lunch hmmm or when they want to cut your hair even after you say "please just a trim" yet you leave out with layers?! :drunk:

chebaby

scratch your scalp thinking its the same as massaging. theyre two different things honey.
oh yea, and everything else they tend to do.

LaLaa

I cant stand scissor happy stylists!

I cant stand ruff stylists!

Jenai that list is to funny! lmao