Thingies in Motions CPR

BlkMane

I just read a post where yet another person commented on the "thingies" in Motions CPR ("are they herbs?) and how hard they are to get out of the hair.

Well, Motions CPR IS a protein conditioner. As we all should know, when one uses a protein conditioner you must rinse your hair really well to remove all traces so as not to have it dry out your hair.

Maybe the manufacturer of Motions CPR puts those flecks in the conditioner to guarantee that users will rinse they hair sufficiently.(?)

After all, you have to rinse and rinse and rinse to get those flecks out your hair, right? Maybe that IS the point. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Tara

You know what? This is an excellent point that you make!! Seriously, I never thought of that before, but it makes sense.

Monicurl

I love CPR, but hate the flecks and that's a good idea. I still see them flying all over the place after my hair dries and I fluff it or something. Kind of disconcerting when you are in a pubic place /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif.

LondonDiva

That's a very good point you made there, because I personally couldn't see how conditioning with a damn tree in my hair is supposed to benefit it.

Integrity

my hair didnt even notice the herby bits. i hate the way it tangles my hair!! nothing ever does that to my hair. /images/graemlins/mad.gif
i mixed min with jojoba and some peppermint oil.

sweetcocoa

They bothered me at first... but then I realized once my hair is dry they comb right out. I stopped worrying about getting them out then. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

LondonDiva

Pandora are you sure the Peppermint oil wasn't the cause for the tangling. I'd only use it on my scalp not on my hair it would suck the life out of it and cause it to tangle.

BlkMane

The funny thing is that I never even noticed a problem with the flecks in my own hair and I am almost done with my jar of CPR.

I never even realized they cling to hair until I read so many posts on this board referring to this issue.

beana3

i didn;'t notice it either blkmane... I used this condit for "condit washes" as per the recommendation on their site. I used it every 3 or 4 days and i wore braid outs the whole time, so I'm sure i would've noticed the dandruffy looking flakes with that hairstyle, but i didn't.
Maybe its because it was HOT so I loved rinsing my hair in the cool water.. hmm dunno /images/graemlins/confused.gif

serena

I never noticed anything while I was using it, either, and I went through a whole jar of CPR. Like Blkmane, I never gave it a thought until I read the posts here.

vevster

I have used CPR also and never noticed that. That is kinda gross! I think if the hair is rinsed thoroughly this problem should go away...

Integrity

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
LondonDiva said:
Pandora are you sure the Peppermint oil wasn't the cause for the tangling. I'd only use it on my scalp not on my hair it would suck the life out of it and cause it to tangle.

[/ QUOTE ]

no it cant be the peppermint cos this weekend i used peppermint on my hair and scalp as part of hot oil and it was fine. i am not the only one cos brownrelaxedhair had tangles with it as well.

Jenai

Good point about the purpose of the thingies. When I used the CPR, I rinsed for about two mintues straight under flowing water in order to make sure all of the conditioner was out. I think you are onto something... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

G

That would be a good idea, but I don't think it was designed that way, I think they just thought that particualar herb was in some way beneficial to the hair.

There used to be some Hair Grease with those thingies too.