Thin, "See-through" ends

PrincessM

First of all I'd like to say with the advice I've gotten over the years on this forum, my hair is in the best condition it's ever been in years. I went from wearing weaves 24/7 over my severly damaged hair (which barely reached my shoulders), to healthy bra strap length hair. It's still a work in progress, but I am still content.

My dilemma is, my ends are thin at the last 3 inches of my hair. My ends are never exposed (I use the baggy method). My hair is also shorter in the front part because it was damaged a few years back (it's not damaged anymore, but since I haven't done any major trimming, it's still shorter than the back).

What should I do? Should I trim more often so that the front can catch up? Or do a major cut? Is the baggy method thinning my ends?

HEY PRINCESS
HOW ARE YOUR ENDS- ARE THEY JUST THIN OR ARE THEY SPLIT AND THIN .... BECAUSE WHEN I STARTED MY HAIR JOURNEY I HAD THIN SEE THROUGH ENDS- I LIGHTLY DUSTED AND THEN STARTED THE JOURNEY.

IF YOUR ENDS ARE SPLIT YOU MAY CONSIDER CUTTING THE THREE INCHES OF ENDS OFF.. ALSO HOW MUCH SHORTER IS THE FRONT OF YOUR HAIR FROM THE BACK? I DONT THINK YOU SHOULD CUT IT TO EVEN IT OUT BECAUSE IT MAY BE THAT IS HOW YOUR HAIR GROWS (ONE SECTION FASTER THAN ANOTHER). IF I HAD TO GIVE YOU SOME ADVICE YOU MAY WANT TO CONSIDER CUTTING
ONLY ABOUT A HALF OF AN INCH TO AN INCH OFF YOUR ENDS FOR A MORE FULLY LOOK.

ALSO - IN REGARDS TO THE BAGGY SOME WOMEN HERE HAVE EXPERIENCED THINNING HAIR AS A RESULT OF BAGGYING - I THINK THERE IS A THREAD SOMEWHERE OUT THERE ABOUT THAT

PrincessM said:
First of all I'd like to say with the advice I've gotten over the years on this forum, my hair is in the best condition it's ever been in years. I went from wearing weaves 24/7 over my severly damaged hair (which barely reached my shoulders), to healthy bra strap length hair. It's still a work in progress, but I am still content.

My dilemma is, my ends are thin at the last 3 inches of my hair. My ends are never exposed (I use the baggy method). My hair is also shorter in the front part because it was damaged a few years back (it's not damaged anymore, but since I haven't done any major trimming, it's still shorter than the back).

What should I do? Should I trim more often so that the front can catch up? Or do a major cut? Is the baggy method thinning my ends?

Last edited: