Ends that stick together/ tangle

girlyprincess23

Does anybody have this problem? The best way I can describe it is static cling. My friend says that it is because it is damaged and this video on youtube for some damage repair stuff called rezz a rect, confirms that damaged hair does in fact stick together and tangle. It's really annoying I can brush my hair all day and the ends will still be tangled whereas a little above the ends will be fine. It also does it in my daughter's hair, which I think is damaged on the ends also. So has/is anyone experienced/ ing this? and if so what did you do?

NYAmicas

Seeker
My ends were doing the same thing after every wash.:wallbash:

You can try clarifying if you have a possible product overload and deep condition. I used some nice moisturizing shampoo and deep conditioned and it's not sticking as much.

Dposh167

it could be damaged ends...but not all the time. Sometimes when ur porosity is off..and the cuticles are up...they can get caught on one another. I've gotten that before. But i knew my ends weren't damaged cuz i had a trim not too long ago. so i used porosity control, deep conditioned...and the problem went away

grnidmonster

I agree with both of the above (NYAmericas and Poochie), my hair was tangeling and I realized it needed some ROUX (porisity treatment to seal the cuticles) and a deep condition. Once I did that the tangles and knots went away.

NYAmicas

Seeker
I agree with both of the above (NYAmericas and Poochie), my hair was tangeling and I realized it needed some ROUX (porisity treatment to seal the cuticles) and a deep condition. Once I did that the tangles and knots went away.

I like that stuff.:grin:
Ran out though.

Cichelle

Yeah, build up has caused this problem for me in the past. Once I started using shampoo again and stopped piling on product, the problem went away. I've heard it called velcro ends.

girlyprincess23

hmmm all these are good ideas. I think I will try to clarify and/ or use some porosity control, see if that will help so I can stop cutting them!! Thank you all!!

Bummmp if anyone wants to add any ideas!!

baby42

I TRYED EVERYTHING SO THE ONLY THING THAT HELP ME IN THE LONG RUN AND WORKS EVERY TIME IS SEYANI HAIR BUTTER:yep:AND IF I REALLY WANT TO KICK IT UP. WITH SEALING J.BC. NO MORE TANGLES:drowning::yay::yay:HER STUFF SAVE MY ENDS. NO MORE TANGLES:yep: THIS HAIR BUTTER IS THE BEST OH MY HAIR ALL OVER LOVE IT, I THOURGHT BECAUSE MY HAIR ISNT AS THICK AS I WANT IT NOW.(working on that).IT WOULD BE TO HEAVY. BUT IT WORK:lachen:AND IN AUGUST AT THAT.SORRY I TOOK SO LONG TO TRY IT:wallbash:

Ramya

Is your hair porous? Mine is and my ends generally stick together. What helped me was doing rinses and using porosity control to keep my cuticles smooth.

Cheleigh

I have velcro ends too. Good suggestions above. I've also discovered that deep conditioning and detangling more often helps me too. I'm going to try Porosity Control and see how that works for me as well.

JustKiya

*nod* I get the velcro hair - my first step is to clarify, and if that doesn't work, my second step is to acidify, and if that doesn't work, my third step is to salt it. Never had to go any further. :yep:

morehairplease

My ends are tangling/sticking together, as well. I am experiencing breakage in the crown but have always felt that my hair was porous(no matter what I do to it). It's weird b/c when I was relaxed I never had this problem. My ends are tangling/catching themselves even with my best hair practices:wallbash::wallbash:.

ebonylocs

Yes. That is my problemo numero uno.

For me, it's partly damage, parly porosity, and partly just the way my hair is (long super thin strands will always tangle).

My solutions are:

*trim or chop;

*acidify or otherwise smooth cuticles (ACV rinses, Porosity Control, using a neutralising shampoo as regular shampoo, using leave-ins for coloured hair, etc)

*detangling more often - this has to be daily for me (even just my fingers) or my hair is just a mess.

*do hot oil treatments / pre-poos (I use coconut oil)[/LIST]

I can only find things that *help*. Nothing cures it.

Last edited:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Is your hair porous? Mine is and my ends generally stick together. What helped me was doing rinses and using porosity control to keep my cuticles smooth.

As mine is growing out to middle brastrap and beyond, my "ragged" ends are getting tangled now. Just butter them down now? I've got my own concoction but it's moisturizing. I'm thinking of applying the pure avocado butter first. Otherwise, my ends get curlier with moisturizers. They are really getting tangly! Is the Porosity Control expensive? Where do you get it? Another thing, I'm going to break down and buy that Rezz-a-Rect. Anybody try it?

IntoMyhair

it could be damaged ends...but not all the time. Sometimes when ur porosity is off..and the cuticles are up...they can get caught on one another. I've gotten that before. But i knew my ends weren't damaged cuz i had a trim not too long ago. so i used porosity control, deep conditioned...and the problem went away

I agree with her. Next wash clarify just the ends than use porosity control on just your ends. Than make sure you use a deep moisture condish paying good attention to your ends.

I did this and it worked like a charm.

hillytmj

I agree with her. Next wash clarify just the ends than use porosity control on just your ends. Than make sure you use a deep moisture condish paying good attention to your ends.

I did this and it worked like a charm.

How do you use porosity control? After your DC? And how often?

Also, what does it do? I'm not familiar with porosity. Does it also reduce overall tangles?

PatTodd

I think it is damage also. I had some old ends which were damaged and actually red and my hair was doing this. As soon as I took off a couple of inches the problem went away.